Sitting

DeletedUser

Word is out that there will be no sitting system but we will have a pause (vacation) option. I am completely against it because any attacked player will be able to abuse it. But even more because it is against the simple concept of wanting to do your best. No one can stay asleep forever. Travel times are not big at all. It is so easy to be sloughtered at night that all your hard work will be for nought.

There are still problems this game has - like farming distance which can be solved and premium that will not be solved. But having sitting or not defines this more than anything. I have no intention to have my polished, hard workrd account killed at night because I had no sitter.

DeletedUser

How can vacation mode be abused? From the description I read, you must actvate it for a minimum time, and while vacation mode is active your buildings produce nothing.

DeletedUser

1. you really cannot think of an way to abuse it?

2. that was first and not the most important of my 2 reasons.
Are you willing to invest your time, money, emotions, brains into a situation where, for example, you have me as a neighbor, watching each of your farmings till I figure out your online time? And delivering the blow from the shadows of night. Beyond your possibility to stop it.

There is again the producers of this game that without sitting problems and conflicts can have a much easier way to check and mod the game, true. But price is too high.

DeletedUser

With all the complaining you do about the game I'm surprised you are still playing it. As far as account sitting goes, if they would allow it I'm sure it would only be very limited as far as how often it could be sat.

If someone takes the time to learn their neighbors sleeping/waking schedule then kudos to them. That is a lot of effort on that players part and a part of their strategy to conquer other players. There really is nothing you can do about it. On the other hand, you are free to do the same thing.

I do think there should be account sitting but it should only be allowed periodically. Like once or twice a week for a maximum of 12 hours. Put the shoe on the other foot. How fair is it to the players on your island if you have the capability and a really nice friend/roommate willing to sit on your account while you sleep and they don't.

Vacation mode would not be abuseable. At least for those serious about the game. Say you went on vacation mode and the minimum time you can be on it is 48 hours. So you can't play for 48 hours. You can't farm, your buildings stop production, etc. for all that time. Where is the win in this situation if you keep going on vacation mode? I also highly doubt that if you have any troops outgoing or incoming (friend or foe) that vacation mode would be available. So it wouldn't be like you see a massive wave coming your way and hit the vacation panic button. You just can't.

DeletedUser

With all the complaining you do about the game I'm surprised you are still playing it.

I say it again, I am not complaining, whining or anything of that kind. I am beta testing a game. we are supposed to do that. we only have our opinions, more or less, better or worse argument-ed. if I see ways to abuse something, then there is a problem with the system no matter the fact an almost intelligent person like you Minx can see them or not.

let us see:

As far as account sitting goes, if they would allow it I'm sure it would only be very limited as far as how often it could be sat.

I do think there should be account sitting but it should only be allowed periodically. Like once or twice a week for a maximum of 12 hours. Put the shoe on the other foot. How fair is it to the players on your island if you have the capability and a really nice friend/roommate willing to sit on your account while you sleep and they don't.

Why should sitting be limited? Unfair? It is unfair to be a member of a good tribe and have friends to help you do better in case you are attacked? I think not. That is the purpose of a strong tribe and one of the things that makes a tribe to be efficient as it builds relations, offers chances to see diffrent builds with your own eyes and not copy/paste and so on. It also builds attachment to the game. Unlike leaving the account alone over the dangerous nights which will make the player be very uneasy and ultimately disliking the game.

If someone takes the time to learn their neighbors sleeping/waking schedule then kudos to them. That is a lot of effort on that players part and a part of their strategy to conquer other players. There really is nothing you can do about it. On the other hand, you are free to do the same thing.

That is actually very simple if the strengths of the farm villas are watched. Or mails. Or many other ways to get the info.

Vacation mode would not be abusable. At least for those serious about the game. Say you went on vacation mode and the minimum time you can be on it is 48 hours. So you can't play for 48 hours. You can't farm, your buildings stop production, etc. for all that time. Where is the win in this situation if you keep going on vacation mode? I also highly doubt that if you have any troops outgoing or incoming (friend or foe) that vacation mode would be available. So it wouldn't be like you see a massive wave coming your way and hit the vacation panic button. You just can't.

I will try to tell you of an way vacation can be abused. Let us say one player is heavily scouted or on a dangerous border/position. It is obvious he/she will get mass attacked very soon. If he is a noob - and most are - or someone that decides that is best, easiest way out is to go on vacation. another way: there will be smart guys, with fully built villas, in dangerous and scouted positions that might like to take a vacation and attack from the end of it, while the others are unaware. let us try more: information about an OP is leaked or guessed. The defender decides to send part of the front in small vacation instead of losing positions and better stacking the other part.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what is going on is obvious (to me).

The game developers have had masses of issues in the past with all kinds of in-game stuff.

They have been systematically trying to find ways to get rid of these things. Account sitting is an absolute nightmare to police, so they try to get rid. It's a learning process though. Not saying that i's not possible to abuse vacation mode (it is possible to abuse virtually any rule), but it may well be easier for them to police it - or at least appear so to them at this moment in time.

Remember that as well as having the likes of us gameplayers screaming at them for game improvements they also have 10o1 mods and admins screaming at them to make it easier for them to do their jobs.

The point is that the only way they really know what will work "best" (for themselves) is by trying it. So they will.

Our feedback will be secondary to their own staffs' on this issue.

I really don't like the idea of a vacation mode. I've seen it used strategically in exactly the ways listed, and there really is no answer in game to it (from a players' perspective) except to use it in that way yourself. At least with a bogus account sit we have the option to simply attack all the accounts suspected of being involved, even if it does prove fruitless (many times impossible due to politics). We are absolutely in the hands of the mods with a vacation mode though and a lot will depend on the exact wording used.

But as i say...

people will just co-play :p

DeletedUser

Going on vacation should have a timer on it. In many other games, if you had any hostile action against you, you cannot go for vacation for 48 hours.

So if you were under attack, can't go into vacation. if you got scouted, can't go into vacation.

Or, you have to give 2 week notice, like work, saying you'll be going.