Reports recycle bin

It will would be really handy to have a report recycle bin folder so as reports that were deleted by accident could be retrieved.

This feature do exist in at least one other Inno game, The West

Deleted reports go to recycle bin folder for couple of days and then they are purged.

DeletedUser2458

No, it wouldn't. Delete such a great amount of reports twice? No, thanks. The West and Grepolis are quite different games.

Who said delete them twice??? I said purged by system after some days.... and if you are so lazy, then use the delete all option...
And in any case the fact that they are different games, does not mean we can not ask for game components which are from same company so no code patent issues. Games philosophy and game play might be different, but when it comes to reports it is exactly the same thing as in all web games using reports regardless of report content.

Also I would like to ask you this. You have never deleted a report by accident and then regretted the fact that this was permanent lost as no "recycle bin" folder existed ? Especially if that was a spy report where loads of silver was spend on?? Well if your answer is positive then you would be the first person in the last 6-7 years that I play grepolis and says so.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
How many days would you like to keep the reports in the bin?

DeletedUser2458

1rik.png

Clicking on this button is the only way to delete your report by mistake... So, I suggest to add a confirmation window or relocate the button on the right side of the report screen. A bin is useless in my opinion. And no, I have never deleted any report by mistake... as I don't use the arrows to switching through reports.

DeletedUser4336

i have deleted many by mistakes
i admit, total screw up here
and no, thasoss, that's not the only way, sorry
there was a point where we selected a type of report, say spies, and in deleting all selected, it used to delete ALL reports
occasionally after an update this still happens
so, a way to get stuff back would be a big help
i always know immediately so a recycle bin for 24 hrs works for me
but this was galanoulis' request and i'll let him set a limit

DeletedUser2458

there was a point where we selected a type of report, say spies, and in deleting all selected, it used to delete ALL reports
However, it has been fixed. Now it deletes only all reports of the selected type. Not all reports of all types.

DeletedUser4336

as i said, thass, it sometimes reverts to deleting all during/ just after an update
so a back up would be appreciated
jmo

1rik.png

Clicking on this button is the only way to delete your report by mistake... So, I suggest to add a confirmation window or relocate the button on the right side of the report screen. A bin is useless in my opinion. And no, I have never deleted any report by mistake... as I don't use the arrows to switching through reports.

Thasoss, most probably you need to investigate a bit further game options as in the main report windows... in that very place where all reports appear... there is a button saying.... DELETE ALL

0070ba700e774c3a848cf770be5c05fe.png

This can be easily pressed by accident as it has happened with many people that by accident pressed this instead of Mark as read
Or even the X you mentioned, this can also be pressed by accident when you try to use the arrows to navigate around reports.....

Now you might think that the recycle bin is useless but I think exactly the opposite.
I have also NEVER deleted any report by accident. And to be more precise... i have NEVER deleted ANY report.... and therefore this topic had NOTHING to do with my game playing... On the other hand I know many people over the past years that had accidents with reports deleted by mistake....

How many days would you like to keep the reports in the bin?

I assume that a period of 24 (as Rachel.L said) to 48 hours is more than sufficient
despite in most case they place a 5-7 days period (which I think is far too much)

DeletedUser2458

Thasoss, most probably you need to investigate a bit further game options as in the main report windows... in that very place where all reports appear... there is a button saying.... DELETE ALL
Don't say that somebody clicks on that button by mistake and than clicks on the Yes button in the confirmation pop-up... ALSO by mistake. It's impetuous. That's why I don't speak about the Delete all button as it already has its confirmation before the action is proceeded. Simply, I think that a recycle bin is much more greater solution to such a small issue.

DeletedUser3326

I'm completely agree with galanoulis on this point , if thassos is perfect no problem , myself i click on this button many times ago.

And the problem is not about this button , the problem is when you like to keep only your own attacks reports and delete all the others ... when you make selections on many pages and sometimes after 300 reports deleted you made 1 mistake in your selection. THE report you want to keep . Maybe for same players it's useless , but for the most it can be usefull