Fixed Reports - Layout of inbox broken

Ingame Nick: Draba Aspera
Affected world(s): all
Browser: Chrome and Edge
Reproduction steps
:
  1. . Open "Reports" inbox from the menu
  2. . Find that the layout of the inbox is broken, even to the extent that many reports are no longer accessible at all.
  3. .
Detailed error description (What you see):

How it should be:

Screenshot:

2021-08-05 13_21_20-Window.png

2021-08-05 13_29_16-Window.png

I guess the new bug is a side effect of yesterday´s fixing of a Firefox-related bug:

1628163124766.png

I must admit, though, that I did not have any issues with the report inbox prior to yesterday´s bugfix, neither in FF nor in Chrome or elsewhere. After today´s daily update, however, the bug seems to have moved on to all browsers. Tested on Edge and Chrome - at least that´s where my screenshots are from. Scrolling is not possible, and it is also impossible to jump to other inbox pages.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I'm sure you already disabled all scripts and removed your cache, right? :)

Could you please also let us know the version of Chrome and Firefox you're using?

I'm using Chrome 92 and I cannot reproduce the issue.

I have the impression that it only does it when there are 2 lines
OK, that is interesting... thanks!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you!

The hint about rows with description going into new line was indeed the key ;)

Developers have been informed.

2021-08-05 14_26_45-Window.png

2021-08-05 14_24_56-Window.png

No user scripts involved.
I usually use FF for Grepolis, thus the browser caches of Edge and Chrome cannot cause the issue - unfortunateley I don´t have FF available for the next two hours, otherwise I would not have used the other two browsers.

And yes, you need two lines per report in order to reproduce the issue. The lines of the inbox do not adjust to the length of the text, and thus the texts wander downwards and ultimately completely out of sight as shown above.

While the new issue (broken layout when more than one line was involved) was resolved, the old issue (scrolling in the report inbox not possible) still exists.

I cannot scroll in the reports folder (neither using FF nor using Chrome), and even worse: I also cannot jump to the next pages of reports when entering the page number manually.

There are several workarounds, for example this relatively easy one:
  • Open report folder and find that you cannot scroll or jump to the next pages
  • Change shortly to the tab "Trade"( where scrolling works fine, btw) and then
  • change back to the report folder and find that you now can scroll or jump to the next pages of reports
Thanks to the curious and resourceful users, here and in the German forum, helping to find us some "crutches" when faced with updates as "abysmal" as the current ones!