Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Poppulation limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last couple of hours I noticed that In all my towns, population has been reduced by 3

For example towns that user to have 0 free population , now all appear to have -3

1648600015011.png

server zz2

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you for the report, our development team has been informed :)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Turns out it's a side effect of an internal bugfix for population count.

It will be explicitly mentioned for the live release.

So someone tried to fix the old population count bug (introduced "on purpose" in 2016 as a bugfix for an even older but milder population count bug), but did not remember what had caused the bug in the first place (and thus creating the next population count bug)?^^

:grepolis:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I wouldn't call it a bug. The counting slightly changed so only if you previously were at 0 you're now negative by a few units.

Feel free to let me know if this will heavily impact the gameplay, I'll be happy to pass the feedback on :)

Maybe you should first include the change (or bugfix or however you might call it) in the changelog so that we can see what has been changed and what was intended. Obviously the population count of certain building levels was changed, and I would like to know why and how it was changed, and to what purpose. If it was not changed for a defined purpose, if it really was only a "side effect", it is a bug. You will not be able to rebuild all wall levels destroyed by earthquakes or catapults, you might not be able to rebuild colony ships when there are only 166 population left instead of the 170 you need (only two examples) to rebuild the CS you just used.

The issue started when the behaviour of the population needed for building levels was changed in 2016. Since then the population needed for building levels is no longer fix but will be rounded, and this rounding has resulted in issues as those described above ever since. The current uncommunicated change worsens these issues even further, and I really think that someone should explain to us why. If there is no comprehensible reason for this change, it clearly must be addressed as a bug, and an annoying bug as it is

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
LIke I said, it will be explicitly mentioned in the live changelog.

Thank you for the feedback!

Are you telling us that you don´t owe any changelog information to the Beta players any more, in the Beta forum?

The Beta information policy always was a mess and far behind of what could be expected for a Beta, where information about changes is even more essential than elsewhere. Since December, however, the Beta changelogs are no longer "only" less informative than necessary, no - they have become a great void, a black hole, their emptiness a constant frustration for interested Beta players.

For years we have been reporting Beta news and changes to the DE community prior to their live release - now it is the other way round, and we must report back to our Beta alliances what we have learned from the DE CoMa and DE changelogs - weeks after the changes happened on Beta. It´s a shame, and it has killed whatever motivation I had - and I had a lot, once.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Are you telling us that you don´t owe any changelog information to the Beta players any more, in the Beta forum?

That's not what I wrote, please refrain from intentionally spreading false information.

I already said we're working on restoring the communication flow. I'm now locking this thread as we're clearly going off topic here. Feel free to send me a PM if you think there's more to add.

Thank you again everyone for reporting the issue and providing details!

Status
Not open for further replies.