Opinions on paying for a beta

DeletedUser

In the west, they had dueling premium in the beginning, it was removed later. I hope the same can be done here.

Administrator premium is fine. merchants is acceptable. Build time half without limit is too much. Perhaps you can only use half build time once every X days is a compromise so premium user cannot simply build up way before a normal user can do it.

There are variosu microeconomics studies on price versus profit. If you are interested, even some anti-trust law treatise discuss them.

Unless you have a monopoly and charge what you want, it may not be in innogame's best interest to keep the existing premium system.

I do not know how overpowered olympics are, but I have seen the effect of priestess, commander, and half build time can do already, it's not pretty.

Mdshare: horses seem to be overpowered but it's not fit for everyone. I advised my own players to consider other paths when they asked. Horses do have their weaknesses. If horses really are the end game be it all unit, then yes, horses should be nerfed. Right now, given the overall situation, I don't think horseman are that bad.

hoplites can both defend and attack. horses can only attack, they're lousy defenders.

archers slaughter hoplites
hoplites counter horses, both defense + offense
horses kills archers + swordsman

There is a balance of sorts already and horses really are not the best way to go if you're not an active player because they cannot defend.

horses are a problem if you let a player who go for horses to grow without hinderance. Remember, early attackers who went for hoplites can do serious damage to someone without any counter attack force. Let's not forget hoplites can clear and start farming earlier than someone who's going for horseman early on.

There's more reasoning why I think going for horseman early on is a gamble and should be carefully considered. Don't forget, there are predators out there that can disrupt your gamble of early horseman to say the least.

You need to compare apples to apples, use the same population, defender with wall, etc. is making the game quite hard for attackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

chariots are weaker, but so are their defenders and they cost clay, which is overflowing in my village, so I think they are good too. I like parts of the balancing, although a single chariot taking down 9999 cavalry is not really a good way of distributing points.

DeletedUser

I thought this topic was about paying for premium

I think, should there be a reset, ALL gold should be refunded... after all, you paid for everything you built and they destroy it...

YES I know it clearly states there might be resets etc... but come on, people who bought premium will still buy premium, even if they're refunded all the gold they've used before the reset... why would they? because all the gold they have back they will use to rebuild their city to what it was exactly before the reset, and then? They will need new gold again :)

If you ask me, if they reset and don't give us our gold back, grepolis will be history for me.

Last edited by a moderator: