Non gold competition world

DeletedUser

I have read a number of posts regarding the gold aspect and how it makes for an imbalance between paying and non paying members - i do not see that this will change. i have played a number of games where the gold features directly resulted in a large number of players leaving the game.

to keep the non paying members interested and to really test out 'who is the best' how about a monthly speed world which costs nothing (or if they really must a cost of say 100 gold which gives several bonuses that you choose when to use throughout the game).

there is a set start and end date published before the world commences, players all start on a truly level battlefield and play a speed round for 1 month without the ability to purchase anything extra using gold. could even keep it interesting by offering gold prizes for certain players at the end, most kills, most cities etc

i would love to see this feature, and by having it last only a month it would give new players (like myself) the ability to test it out on a short term before fully committing to a long game.

this has been done in other games and worked very well, your thoughts appreciated

regards T

DeletedUser

personally I think the 5 prem features should be it, this will provide a small affordable to everyone feature but it will still allow inno to make money after all this is why they operate for.

speed up anything and everything is a joke only thing I am waiting on is a "fill warehouse" feature then I am gone for good.

Or there another suggestion a level playing field, you pay to enter late comes get extra bonuses for eg most people have 100 CP then player coming in gets 10 cites build and the 100 cp that would be "fair" to me and if it costs inno to much to keep going maybe they can turn the speed up for a month before closing

Abigaill

Centaur
It's the gold users that pay for the servers, staff and bandwidth that allow you to play for free.
innogames has tried to find a balance to make everyone happy, but no matter what they do or how they change the game, someone will gripe about it and the bottom line is their paychecks ......
Don't hold your breath for a world with no premium features.

Instead I think they should expand on the gold, and have a permanent shop to buy things in like the Grepolympia shop, but also allow non-gold users to buy things there for massive amounts of silver.
So gold users have to decide whether to part with their money, and non-gold users need to decide if their caves will be less full.
I also feel players should be able to gift gold to other player accounts, even ones that are not theirs.
That way alliance mates that have a few bucks can help out the ones that don't.