New face of Zeus feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2272

It is awesome. Thanks for the game designers for it!

Awesome? Awful!

Well, maybe I would have left Zeus´ new face (and body) uncommented this time, but since you are asking...^^

There was nothing wrong with the good old Zeus whose face had almost become a trademark of Grepolis over the years. Well, maybe his dignified attractiveness had a somewhat Christmassy touch, and he looked a bit old for the job. (After all, the Zeus of Greek mythology was the last and youngest child of his parents, saved by his mother Rhea after his father Kronos had devoured his elder siblings. Please keep in mind that Zeus was said to have defeated his father, saved his brothers and sisters and claimed the rule over gods and men as soon as he had reached manhood - and being younger than his brothers Hades and Poseidon, and also younger than his sister (and future consort) Hera.

4ico.jpg

And now InnoGames is presenting a Zeus aged even further and looking like Hera´s grand-grandfather? Potter´s mentor Dumbledore and some kind of Nordic Wotan seem to have merged into this strange figure. His head is too small for his body, his body looks inflated and like the result of years and years of abuse of anabolic steroids, his clothing leaves the impression that he has stumbled into his own bedroom draperies and not been able to get rid of the mess. What, for Olympus´sake, has this ugly over-the-hill viking to do with ancient Greece and Grepolis?

That´s in short what I wrote in our German Grepolis forum months ago when the "evolution of Zeus" was mentioned for the first time and after I had had a first glimpse on the new concept of Zeus along with the presentation of "Zeus´ Theme" in YouTube. In my opinion that´s no evolution but a decline - but there´s no accounting for taste.

DeletedUser

Awesome? Awful!

Well, maybe I would have left Zeus´ new face (and body) uncommented this time, but since you are asking...^^

There was nothing wrong with the good old Zeus whose face had almost become a trademark of Grepolis over the years. Well, maybe his dignified attractiveness had a somewhat Christmassy touch, and he looked a bit old for the job. (After all, the Zeus of Greek mythology was the last and youngest child of his parents, saved by his mother Rhea after his father Kronos had devoured his elder siblings. Please keep in mind that Zeus was said to have defeated his father, saved his brothers and sisters and claimed the rule over gods and men as soon as he had reached manhood - and being younger than his brothers Hades and Poseidon, and also younger than his sister (and future consort) Hera.

4ico.jpg

And now InnoGames is presenting a Zeus aged even further and looking like Hera´s grand-grandfather? Potter´s mentor Dumbledore and some kind of Nordic Wotan seem to have merged into this strange figure. His head is too small for his body, his body looks inflated and like the result of years and years of abuse of anabolic steroids, his clothing leaves the impression that he has stumbled into his own bedroom draperies and not been able to get rid of the mess. What, for Olympus´sake, has this ugly over-the-hill viking to do with ancient Greece and Grepolis?

That´s in short what I wrote in our German Grepolis forum months ago when the "evolution of Zeus" was mentioned for the first time and after I had had a first glimpse on the new concept of Zeus along with the presentation of "Zeus´ Theme" in YouTube. In my opinion that´s no evolution but a decline - but there´s no accounting for taste.

I agree with you on everything especially with regard to that Zeus is the youngest among the brothers and not the oldest. But I also think the new zeus (3D) is much more pleasant to look at.

A bit of innovation it takes forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.