My citizens crying out "Tax me pleeaaase"

DeletedUser

we have citizens in our towns why not assume they all work and have to pay us taxes :). The taxes can show up by the resource bar as "gold". This application could come in usefully for more ways then I care to type out haha. But a couple would be:
1) to make units and war fleets cost gold because in reality a military cost money to run not just natural resources lol. This could be interesting because now players would have to plan more strategically before they launch attacks. And if there gold runs out then units created that can not be support financially "retire" automatically. OOHHH I am sure that would make some players angry but nevertheless it would make things more interesting. Wars would not be waged based on units alone but also the players financial ability to wage war.

2) instead of trading resource for resource we would be able to sell or buy resources. If we had an ability to hold larger amounts of resources we could then sell resources to increase our gold stock in order to fund military actions.

There is a wide variety of uses we could implement if we create a "gold" resource, think about it. And obviously there would be negative aspects to this implementation but it would make the game more realistic. It works in other games I play, keeps things very exciting.
I also understand that we already of a silver resource but that can be done away with and replaced with perhaps Metal?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what you are proposing would be a different game: an economy simulation.
and if you look at it from a historical point of view (it's a game about the Greak antiquity) the people in a polis were supposed to act in war and they even had to make / pay their own equipment. people not member of the "demos" could voluntarily join the army and become regular citizens that way. so indeed they just needed the resources to build the equipment (weapons, ships) and the people happily (not sure about that) followed the cry for war. no extra payment given...