MRA: Pluses and Minuses

DeletedUser

Is MRAs good or bad in general? And what are their advantages and disadvantages in specific?

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

DeletedUser

MRAs are bad

they are just a bunch of recruited players with no background checks, most likely with noobs and no experience

in general, the all purpose of an MRA is numbers, some alliances can do MRAs correctly, like to help teach players and train them correctly, others just want numbers and believe in safety in numbers

downsides to MRAs are that they usually are filled with inexperienced and/or lazy players who just want to hide amongst numbers and grow in rank.

i have had experience dealing with a few MRAs, and from what i have been through and seen, very few MRA actually manage to do it right.

DeletedUser

As Vex1212 said there good MRAs and there are bad ones. Most of the pluses and minuses for MRAs are the same as for any other alliance. However when MRAs go the wrong way they are really bad. In a bad MRA you might as well be playing the game solo for all of the advice, and support you can expect to receive. Many of the bad MRAs develop factions within them that work together and makes it seem as though the MRA is effective, however this just leads to the eventual collapse of the alliance as the effective players leave. Everybody else is then jusat out on thier own, and they become very easy targets.

In summary MRAs have a bad reputation and deservedly so as most of them do not function and and leave some very bad after effects when they implode.

DeletedUser

Let's say I am a 24h open founder, and I have got some leaders who are very willing to answer the inexperienced players' questions and active as well.
(Not that I will be one.)

What will be the difficulties in my alliance?

DeletedUser

With leaders that are willing to give advice as well as direction your alliance may function rather well. The biggest problem is growing to fast. I am not saying to limit the number of people that can join, but have a steady expansion that is controlled. Be careful not to accept everyone that wants to join if they are not in area that can be supported. Also don't be too quick to give leaders priviliges to people.

I would highly recommend reading this guide: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=8511

DeletedUser

MRA's are good for beginning. After several weeks you want to see who's active and who's not. Kick those you deem worthless and setup guidelines fore people to get in. Example: Pt amount, Application, Activeness, etc.

DeletedUser

Is MRAs good or bad in general? And what are their advantages and disadvantages in specific?

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

MRA's are mostly terrible alliances. MRA's recruit everyone they can, without knowing if that person has experience, or even know's how to play. They usually don't send messages to go with their alliance invitation. MRA's include players of experienced and nooby players who don't know how to play. On the other hand, MRA's are good if you want to be with a lot of players on your side, which means you won't have a lot of enemies. Overall, MRA's are alliances that I would recommend not to join in because they have no idea how to play and are noobs. Also, I forgot to mention that MRA's have 100 members or more.

DeletedUser

mra? whats that for ally?

MRA's are alliances that recruit everyone and anyone. MRA founders do not check for any experience. Additionally, founders of MRA's don't stop inviting, they spend most of their time recruiting. The alliance has to have a hundred players or more to be a MRA.

DeletedUser

MRA's are alliances that recruit everyone and anyone. MRA founders do not check for any experience. Additionally, founders of MRA's don't stop inviting, they spend most of their time recruiting. The alliance has to have a hundred players or more to be a MRA.

although there are 100+ player alliances that aren't exactly MRA

MRA started as meaning an alliance that invited a lot of people. That means there could be 200 players in the alliance, and they were the top 200 players in the world. They could still be respected.
But, MRA has evolved to mean an alliance that is mainly inactive and recruits as many players as possible, regardless of their points, experience, or activity.

MRAs can be OK at the beginning as long as you have a lot of time to explain what you want from them and that if they don't keep up, they will be kicked.
But, if you just keep inviting players and don't stop that is a bad thing. Players will just see more players joining the alliance and no thought being given to the players already in the alliance. That lowers moral, keeps players from bonding and forming a close knit group, and doesn't push them to be active and do their best. The good players will leave for a more elite alliance, and the bad players will become inactive, so that the entire alliance will just be inactive dead weight getting rimmed as you try to invite new players that will get rimmed just as soon.