Leveling Heroes - downgrade

DeletedUser4351

Idea: allow heroes to be downgraded or kicked and regain coins

Method: heroes could be downgraded until level 1 while 50% of the invested coins would be regained (same loss like coin exchange) or kicked for higher price
~ take out coins from unused heroes and use them for others

More flexibility
- the game offers high variety of heroes, but many of them only serve well in early stage (Andromeda, Apheledes, Orpheus, Jason...) and become useless long term, therefore most of us never upgrade or try them all
- some heroes can be neglected (for example Pelops, Themistokles, Leonidas...) because we used too many coins for 'early game heroes'
- we can't purchase / upgrade important heroes, because we wasted coins
- special heroes like Democritus and Atlalanta levels could be manipulated (before event quick Democritus upgrade, optimize CS travel time by leveling up/down Atalanta)

In my opinion the game would be more colorful if players could adjust their heroes for the actual stage of a server. More and higher level heroes would participate in battles if downgrade was possible.

sounds good, but with the new questing reward system we gain much more coins so they level up much much faster than before...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
They idea is interesting, but I'm not fully convinced to be honest.

It's true that some heroes are more effective in the early game, and the effort (in coins) spent on them, may sound wasted in late game, but as galanoulis said you get lot of coins after we did the IQ Rework.

You'd like to see something like a +/- buttons in the level up window to change the coins amount/level everytime you want? Because in this case I see it as something that makes the game too easy, similar to having infinite slots on the inventory.

DeletedUser2458

I've never had this feeling... if it gets implemented, I'm sure I won't use it.

DeletedUser4351

yeah +/- would be fine (even if coins are lost during downgrade)
I got this idea when I tried to optimize CS travel time for a special OP.
I was looking for similar CS TT like my LS nukes to be able to land CS same second like LS clearing (after multiple attempts). To find the ideal nukes I use the travel time simulator and often delete/add researches (CS TT must be only a little shorter than LS nukes TT, first started attack lands first...). This one time my Atalanta level was a little too high, it would have been nice to downgrade it.... what lead to the whole idea of kicking the unused heroes too. I tend to be very practical :D

As for the new system... I am very active and playing my quests, usually stay until end of worlds, but can hardly believe I could ever get the reward where all heroes are leveled up to 20 - worlds close too fast and we have too many heroes for that imo (on a normal world).

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Heroes are not intended to reach level 20 for everyone easily, I fear this feature could make the whole hero mechanics too easy and somehow boring, because it means that if you are super active you have to up/downgrade your heroes several times during the day to optimize everything.