Language selection option

DeletedUser2726

New Features/Changes
- Added a language selection option in the settings window available for the beta market only (relevant for beta only);

I like it very much. Since introduction, it's very funny. A big pot of soup of several languages. It remember me of one of my old employer, where we listened on every floor another language. That's a very nice international feeling ;)

Okay – back to basic!
Why did you introduce it?
What is our task to test and when can we start with testing?
Are there any specials, we have to have a look for?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi. There are still some technical issues to tackle with the language switch, since parts of the translations are cached more heavily than others. We are working on that.

Why did we introduce it: To encourage players from other countries play the Beta version of Grepolis without having a language barrier.

DeletedUser

Why did we introduce it: To encourage players from other countries play the Beta version of Grepolis without having a language barrier.

Makes the game playable again..then you have a better chance..this is not a game anymore..

regards
Geisti

Hi. There are still some technical issues to tackle with the language switch, since parts of the translations are cached more heavily than others. We are working on that.

Well, players might feel more comfortable with their mother tongue in their own accounts, but in the alliance forums the new feature is causing a "Babylonian" confusion of languages, since now published reports and screenshots show the native language of the players posting them. The same is true for those gruesome automated applications via the alliance finder (although those applications are now providing at least a tiny bit of information - i.e. info about the applicant´s mother tongue...^^).

The main problem is, of course, that the players will be confronted with that "language barrier" again as soon as they wish to contact the support team, report bugs or read and understand information provided in the forums (or the DevBlog).