Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce Inventory

Ingame Nick:Galanoulis
Affected world(s):zz2 (but most probably all)
Browser: Chrome (but issue also occurred in IE)
Reproduction steps:
Unable to do so now unless you are a member of the admin team or the developers.

Detailed error description (What you see):
Looks like there is a limitation on the items that game inventory can handle and more specific items in the extented inventory (as the standard has only 20 slots)

During the recent Hen report "misbehavior" I ended up having far too many "gifts" in my inventory and to be more precise I was gifted about 4000 "Cultural Level Rewards"

As I happened to be online during the ending of the spam issue, I noticed some strange behavior of the inventory.

Firstly during the messages send out I was unable to open it at all (already had about 3000 or more "gifts")
And secondly after the spam issue was stopped needed more than 4-5 minutes to open despite having a 120Mps fiber optic line (meaning not a matter of connectivity)

I assume this was due the large number of items that it had to count but then again getting info from server should not take that long time... so most probably this is due to the way it "handles" the items.
And majority were the same so I do not want to image what would had happen if those 4000+ items were split over more different item types.
I also assume that during issue it was hanging as the 4-5 minutes it needed to diplay was not enough time gap as new "items" were arriving with almost every new message

Issue also might be due to fact that the "Cultural Level Rewards" were in stacks of 99 items. In case ti was in stacks or 999 items or in one stack with no item limit, then things might had been different.
Unfortunately I did not have enough time to check if issue was due to too many stacks of 99 items as those were removed with the spam messages.

Also for those that might say that you are not suppose to have that many items in the extended inventory, I will just answer back that their might be people who love just collecting rewards and keeping them..... for example that Thessaloniki reward you see on below screenshot which is just 1000 resources each but was the reward given the first time Thessaloniki appeared in game. and also as logn as you are given a gift you can keep it as long as you feel like... because it is a GIFT!!!

How it should be:
Inventory ought to open much much faster than the 4-5 minutes and definitely below 1 minute (or more preferably 30 seconds)

Screenshot:

ZkoVCqPQRFuthgGT15ojjg.png

I can confirm that it was not possible to open the inventory due to the spam rewards belonging to the spam messages during the event. I had already mentioned the issue in the respective thread.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I wouldn't call it a bug, as it isn't surprising that loading 4000+ powers in the inventory may take some time.

Nonetheless, this is a performance topic already under investigation ;)

I wouldn't call it a bug, as it isn't surprising that loading 4000+ powers in the inventory may take some time.

Ι think that I have already answered to this.....
Only devs (and maybe admins) can further check.....
If each item stack had an increased limit of 999 or no limit at all instead of the 99 it currently appears to have, then this is a bug.....
If even with no limits it still takes too long then it is most probably something else.....

I was able to accept more than 1000 items and inventory responce was increased a bit at it had to display aboyut 30 icons instead of the 46 of the screenshoot.... but at the same time absolute number of items was also decreased by 25% (approximately)

So as I did not have time or permissions to test my theory, I would say that more investigation from back end is required prior determining if this is a bug or not.....

Because if one part of my above theory is correct, even if someone manage to collect 40-50 or 60 different "icons" (meaning different items) on various quantities, inventory downgraded performance will reappear......
Or even if it has 2 gifts with 1000 items each instead of 20 stacks of 99 items performance might be completely different. (for which I am pretty sure)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
As I said, this performance topic is already under investigation as some (little) delays have already been reported from players on the live markets after buying some offers at the shop :)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Reporting a bug only because it may grant some gold is not really the best mind-set... anyways, I'm not sure I understood correctly.

For each wrong message an additional (and also wrong) prize has been assigned, but obviously we removed those.