Heroes in the Simulator

A bug report (https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/ajax-in-simulator.3824/) has just reminded me of the nuisance I experience whenever I want to add one (or even two^^) heroes to a szenario in the simulator.

Since it is the main purpose of the simulator to simulate the range of possible battle results in a controlled way (with and without certain elements influencing them), you would expect the heroes of war to be the first and best accessible options in the simulator´s list of heroes. Instead you have to scroll through not less than 15 heroes of wisdom before you come upon the first hero of war, and before you have scrolled so far to the right as to meet Ajax for the first time (prematurely, that is), you might have forgotten what you wanted to simulate altogether.

The list of heroes was implemented in the simulator when there were only 12 heroes (if I remember right), and then the problem did not really exist. Now, with 15 heroes of wisdom and 14 heroes of war (plus 1 pending), the usability of that list has clearly suffered - and will not improve with an ever-growing number of occupants. Sooner or later you will have to find a space-saving solution but for the time being it would be quite helpful just to change the order and to show the heroes of war first.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
That's indeed a good input.

For short lists the slider may be a cool option, but for longer lists I agree that many other solutions are for sure better in terms of usability.
Do you already have any particular idea on which UI form would be the best for you?

Do you already have any particular idea on which UI form would be the best for you?

Option1
Only display heros that actually can make a difference during an attack
for example exclude Andromeda which is for increasing resources or Daidalos who is for constructions

Option 2
Have a drop down menu with much smaller icons and name just after,
Size could be similar to the icon size of the currnt hero in town on hte right menu column below town god

vfpI0CabSma8hCZr18c8zw.png

Last edited:
Well, we had discussed the first option in the German forums as well, since only 11 out of 30 heroes are bonusses influencing battle results - but on the other hand all heroes are land units as well, with individual defensive and offensive values (which might make a difference in some cases), and you cannot simply ban land units from the simulator. Btw, I have used the simulator quite often to show beginners that the bandit camp quests are quite misleading after Inno decided to include heroes at a point in the game when most players only have Andromeda and are ill advised to send her fighting, have her wounded and lack her production boost for the hours to come while she is recovering from her self-inflicted migraine.

Maybe filters (similar to the new ones in the council of heroes) could be an option - it would be helpful to have settings like "only show heroes providing battle bonusses" or "show heroes of war first" in the simulator.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thanks for the examples, I'll forward those for the moment.

Feel free to share any other idea, we're still in time ^^

DeletedUser4590

In my opinion removing wisdom hero from attack solution would be a mistake.
Sometimes to avoid kill a hero i attach him to attack. After enemy's attack and cancellation my attack i have hero back in town immediately.
Simple send him back and recall take a lot of time.

Of course removing that opion from simulator its something quit different. Now its not handly to scroll heroes, mayby a table like normal unit would be more useful

Last edited by a moderator: