Fixed Heightened/Divine senses & Battle experience

malgai

Hera
Ingame Nick: malgai
Affected world(s): zz7 (I'm pretty sure it affects all worlds)
Browser: Google Chrome. But it is no browser bug.
Reproduction steps:
  1. .Activate Heightened/Divine Senses.
  2. .attack a player (you must have researched "battle experience" and you must have losses)
  3. .defend against an attack (you must have researched "battle experience" and you must have losses)

Detailed error description (What you see):
"Heightened senses" should double all received battle points. "Divine senses" should multiply all received battle points by 4. When I have losses as attacker, I receive battle points amounting 10% of the lost population with the research "battle experience". With divine senses, it works fine. I lose 100 swordsmen and receive 40 battle points. (4*100/10).
But what if i defend my town? I lose 100 swordsmen as a defender and I get 10 battle points instead of 40.

How it should be:
As a defender, I should receive 4 times the amount of battle points. not only as an attacker.

Screenshot:
Note1: Divine senses activated.
Note2: Both of my towns shown in the screenshots has researched "battle experience".
Note3: The units belong to the towns shown in the screenshots.
Note4: For testing purposes, I left the alliance during the attacks. (That means it is not a bug connected with the new alliance-/self- bashing rules)
usaqtlnov60.jpg

ztosadzmx18.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm the issue since I was the test partner in the screenshots above.

@malgai had noticed earlier that the behaviour of the research "battle experience" seemed to be inconsistent in attack and defense when Heightened or Divine Senses were active, and thus we tested it in the controlled way shown above.

As described above we were not in the same alliance during the test (even though this should not matter), and since I had no losses in both cases, the only battle points malgai made were due to the research "battle experience" in his cities, i.e. 10% of his own losses.

As shown above, those 10% (additional) battle points for own losses are quadrupled when Divine Senses are active (or doubled,when Heightened Senses are active) when you lose troops as an attacker while they are not affected by Divine or Heightened Senses when you have losses as a defender.

We don´t know whether it is intended that Divine or Heightened Senses should affect battle points gained by "battle experience" at all, but in either case it should not matter whether you are attacking or defending.

Last edited:
Are you sure you are doing the maths correctly???
Because I do not know how the "battle experience" works, but assuming that it adds 10% (as per it description) then I assume that calculations are wrong for attack as well.....

According to the new battle system, you get the 20% of the battle points in case you attack an ally.... (which applies in this case as you are in same alliance!!)
And as per reports you are both on the same alliance.
We have the below:

1. For first screenshot....
I think that your provide maths are completely wrong as you have calculated your losses on the attack (5 transport ships+1 troop) while the 14 bp you gained are supposed to be the UNITS YOU KILLED on the defender side....
So by taking 14 bps means you killed about 16 troops (!!!!) [15.9 to be more precise....] and all this with 1 troop!!!!!
So the maths should be...
15.9 troops *20% (according to new bp system) = 3.18
3.18+ 10% =3.18 + 0.318 = 3.498
3.498 * 4 (according to spell) = 13.992 i.e. the 14 bp you got
Which I can say is amazing if one sword man killed 16 troops!!!!!! Was eitehr too lucky
smiley_emoticons_silvester_cuinlove.gif
or was named John Rambo
machinegun.gif

Only way to check if maths here are correct is for the DEFENDER to provide the report (which will be easy as this is an ally of yours, @Draba Aspera if I got it right....) as this your report and therefore defending troops appear with questionmarks!!!

2. For the second where you are the defender......
Again I think there is an error in maths...
You (as a defender) are supposed to receive the bp's according to the troops you managed to kill while defending your town......

So if you had theoretically managed to kill lets say 100 troops, then you were supposed to get....

100 * 20% (due to the new bp) = 20
20 + 10% (due to that technology = 22
22*4 (due to the senses scroll) = 88
i.e. if you had killed 100 you should had received 88 bp

But here you killed.... NOTHING!!! on teh other hand you actually lost the 5 transport ships. And the 4 bp you got I assume are due to some rounding.....

So concluding (please correct me if I am wrong as it is a bit late in Europe)
1st report (attacking) unable to know as we do not have the defendes report to actually know what you killed and from experience 1 swordman unable to kill 16-17 troops even with 1000% luck (and no wall/tower) as indicated by the reverse maths
2nd report (defending ) seems to be OK

According to the new battle system, you get the 20% of the battle points in case you attack an ally.... (which applies in this case as you are in same alliance!!)

No. As we both mentioned, we were not in the same alliance during the test. And additionally, battle experience relates only to own losses, no matter who is attacked (or defended against). malgai left the alliance for the test nevertheless.

And as I also mentioned, I had no losses in both cases.

As described above we were not in the same alliance during the test (even though this should not matter), and since I had no losses in both cases, the only battle points malgai made were due to the research "battle experience" in his cities, i.e. 10% of his own losses.

I can show you the first report from my (the defender´s) side to make that clear(er) but you could have taken my word for it ^^:

yyhskpxau99.jpg

Please note that these are screenshots from zz7. The research "battle experience" does not exist on zz2, and thus you are not familiar with it. The battle points malgai gained from this research (10% for own losses) are correct in both cases. But they were quadrupled by Divine Senses when he attacked, but not when he defended, and that´s the issue reported.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you for all the maths and tests guys.
There's indeed something weird behind what you noticed, I'm gonna pass it to our devs :)

Please note that these are screenshots from zz7. The research "battle experience" does not exist on zz2, and thus you are not familiar with it. The battle points malgai gained from this research (10% for own losses) are correct in both cases. But they were quadrupled by Divine Senses when he attacked, but not when he defended, and that´s the issue reported.

Well... mt apologies....
It should be like it !!!
Not on zz2 and it was too late and information from the Wiki looked too complicated!!
smiley_emoticons_blush-reloaded6.gif