Duplicate Gaia clock

Ingame Nick: Galanoulis
Affected world(s): zz2
Browser: Chrome
Reproduction steps:
  1. .just put the mouse pointer over the Gaia event icon and check the timer.

Detailed error description (What you see):
My account time zone is set to UTC and UTC only.

First week of Gain event everything seemed OK
On 2nd and 3rd week the timer was displaying that the event will end on 22:00 (which is 00:0:00 server time) which sounded a bit strange as there was a 2 hours difference with the 1st week.

And now is the good part...
this 4th week while on the begging of the event it showed the end time at midnight.... today sunday it says 21:59:00 same way as week 2 and 3.
No change on time settings was made meanwhile. from my side.

The ONLY change that is noticeable is that on 1st week and 1st message of 4th week the time is displayed in 12h format i.e without am or pm
while on 2nd, 3rd week and today they are on 24h format (i.e. 5 in the evening is displayed as 17:00)

So it looks like when Inno change the message time format from 12H to 24H then there is a time gap created (at least when account is set on UTC) and this is not normal as meanwhile there was no daylight saving time change (which could partially explain the issue)

How it should be:
As long as there is no timezone change on the account, message should display the same end time regardless if the format is 12H or 24H

Screenshot:

Week 1 (12h time format)
dwkKcM6qQkun7wNtZSeNpg.png

Week 2 (24h time format)

t-iIZOWvSPK90OfVoNfzLQ.png

Week 3 (24h format)

mKPwpKMBSxq9On5AXyUglQ.png

Week 4 (Friday night with 12h format)
HZmJq3wWSTmWgYPz2KMj4w.png

Week 4 (Sunday with 24h format)
qAesXFOsSD27IG7pZH4o1g.png

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Your time is set at "UTC" as continent and "Coordinated Universal Time" as timezone, that's why you see the bonus ending at 21.59

The difference between the 12h and 24h format seems to be that if the time is "today at" or "tomorrow at" the 24h format is used, otherwise if the day number is used (2+ days from the deadline) the 12h format is used, but this is part of the known date format inconsistencies here and there on beta.

Your time is set at "UTC" as continent and "Coordinated Universal Time" as timezone, that's why you see the bonus ending at 21.59

The difference between the 12h and 24h format seems to be that if the time is "today at" or "tomorrow at" the 24h format is used, otherwise if the day number is used (2+ days from the deadline) the 12h format is used, but this is part of the known date format inconsistencies here and there on beta.

Well as I had also said in the questions sections I do know what UTC, GMT and all other time zones mean.....(as I use them daily)

Changing a time zone will change the display "value" but changing the time format should never change the time values. (and I assume we both agree on this.)

So let me get this straight if I undestood correctly your above sayings....

You say that it is normal that
while on Friday the message use the 12H format and I see as end time 23:59 and then this format automatically change to 24h on Sunday and I see as end time 21:59
and that this is normal??

You say that the time change format (from 24h to 12h) provoking a display change of 2 hours hours is normal???

Because this really does not make sense at all. As those are two different time properties

And if you still insist on the above then please explain to me in plain english how you explain in the last 2 screenshots the fact that the time format change parameter (which as you said might happen here and there) triggered a time change...

Thanks

As to say it on Dev-English

21:59 ist not 11:59 pm because 11:59 pm ist in every case 23:59 which is 2 hours later...

And @galanoulis I guess, it is only a typing error.

Do you receive 50 Gold for this?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
You say that the time change format (from 24h to 12h) provoking a display change of 2 hours hours is normal???
I'll try to stick it as simple as possible.

If the timer is greater than 48 hours --> 12h format is used
If the timer is shorter than 48 hours --> 24h format is used

Time formats behaving weird is a known issue.

Your account has set a timezone 2 hours before the server time, that's why you see it that way.

I'll try to stick it as simple as possible.

If the timer is greater than 48 hours --> 12h format is used
If the timer is shorter than 48 hours --> 24h format is used

Time formats behaving weird is a known issue.

Your account has set a timezone 2 hours before the server time, that's why you see it that way.

So I have the +2 hours on the 12h format and then they magically get lost when I go to the 24h format??
So if you now go on your PC and you change the time format you will get a +2 or -2 hours by changing JUST the format???
Are we talking about a time travel machine or a game??

Please read a bit more careful the photos....

Because what you are saying a a time travel!!!!

Let me explain it once again in another words
I am at pointy A with time zone A and time been displayed in 12h format.
So if on this very same point A in the time zone A if I change to 24h format I will get a 2 hour difference???
Because that is exact;y what you are telling us here...

I am a client ... you are the service.
On one case you display to me a countdown timer on a 12h format telling me that this is going to end on day X at 23:59
and then you, "the service" decide for your own reasons (really do not care and do not matter why) to change the time format to 24h form and when this happens your message (the one that you designed and decided to show to me) changes and gives me a new end deadline on day X at 21:59.

That is the error..... the fact that you change the time.
Because on both the first and 2nd place I was on the SAME time zone of UTC so if on the 24h you tell me that this ends on `21:59 UTC i,e, 23:59 server time (GMT +1 Berlin) then this means that on the 12h format as I am still on the UTC the event ends at 01:59 server time??? Because that is what you keep saying....
Unless on 1st screenshot you inform us on server time and on 2nd on account timezone which again IS a bug ......

So what is the case??? on my first screenshot you informed me on server time and on the 2nd on my account time zone?? Is this what you are saying??

Thanks.