Future of Beta

DeletedUser

Sandbox 7 currently has 893 Acconts, 143 without City. A maximum of 300 players are active.
The worlds are 18 months in the future.

Sandbox 5 looks even worse.
546 accounts, including 71 without city.
Active also around 300.
As soon as the Welwunder begin here, in two months, a close closure closes.

Sandbox 2 is indeed a special case. The world is still open despite WW. But here too the numbers of players are steadily declining.
Currently 666 accounts of which 19 are without city.
Active maybe 500.

All in all a very sad picture. What do you intend to do?

regards
Geisti

And what is your point????

This is a public testing enviroment meaning that Inno can keep a game server online even with 4 people in it.....

I do not know if you are aware of it but there are also beta servers just for devs where they first try their code prior releasing to public... and they much much less than numbers you mentioned above....

On the other hand what makes you think that they are not aware of the numbers on their reports??

Beta servers are not to have thousand of users just to have crowd in there.....
Beta servers can stay alive even with 5 players as long as they actually do what they are suppose to do on a beta environment.....
test and test and test new features!!!
not just login and find a cheap way to play a game....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We may have a few active players on our servers, but it's years that beta hasn't so many players.

Having a lot of players is the goal of the live markets, but here we're on the beta market and what matters here is having an active community that participate on the discussions, providing feedbacks, sharing opinions and reporting bugs.

Let me say, I'm personally satisfied on how it is going. Thanks to every active user around here :)

DeletedUser

Let me say, I'm personally satisfied on how it is going. Thanks to every active user around here :)

Is all right what you say..but here there was a time..since the Devs were still active in the forum..is perhaps old-fashioned here..
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

remember this..Rise of Heros..the developers had played there themselves..now no developer is playing here..stupid events have to be programmed for this..do a good job here..have ever seen developers in the forum here..
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The developers are actually playing and the inhouse team (well, not every single employee) will be around the Inner GPC forums :)

a-tla-s

Pegasus
May I ask if Beta is meant for long term worlds, short term worlds or is it indifferent to INNO the actual lifespan of every world?
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

Depends on case..... and "findings"

I remember in the past on zz3 that one day whole server was reset..... and then it had a new start and lasted for some years.....
zz2 if I recall correctly is getting 4 years old in couple of months.... but meanwhile other zz have gone live and dead......
There is no pattern on how long a server will last...

In previous post I explained some things for beta servers in general.... (as beta testing is a common practice for SW developments...... and so does with Inno.....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The latest worlds don't have any different rule, they will close for the same criteria as live worlds (WW and <300 active players).

The latest worlds don't have any different rule, they will close for the same criteria as live worlds (WW and <300 active players).

You mean for Beta?
Because on last zz3 (not the one online now) despite criteria were meet, server was still on for 2 years!!!

For me what I think is going on on this discussion is that some people are so useless of playing this game that they keep loosing. Regardless how many attempts they have done to progress, they just do not have it. So now they have started crying out about server life time etc.

We have seen many of those in the past on both beta and live markets and we will keep seen those looser in the future as well.

I will just repeat my self once again..... If you do not like something, quit and find another hobby..... refrain from ruining other people hobbies/activities because at the end of the day you are still going to be loosers!!

Most people go away in silence and dignity..... but from what I read in your Bot Thread saw from your current stats this is not the case.
To be honest I do not think that you are going to be missed.....
Over the past 8 years of grepolis I have seen many people pretend to be great players, be very mouthy.... but at the end of the day, they give up and quit because they have no clue how this game is played.... and almost all times those are the ones that will keep crying out in forums over their co-players that they are cheating etc....

It is really funny to read the first post and know how the story will go up to the last post....

If you think that someone is cheating and admins say he is clear , as long as you trust admins he is clear!!!
But by chickening out and quiting you do nothing....

Best reaction would be to stick around and fight back.....
because at the end of the day, this is a war game.......

And by the way, the true winners of a server are those that actuall go up ranking positions by fighting....
and not by helping on the building of a building or just by entering an alliance at the right moment....
As I said above this is a war game..... and if someone thinks that he is the winner because he is a great builder, then he needs to reevaluate as he is a fake winner

a-tla-s

Pegasus
Most people go away in silence and dignity..... but from what I read in your Bot Thread saw from your current stats this is not the case.
To be honest I do not think that you are going to be missed.....
Over the past 8 years of grepolis I have seen many people pretend to be great players, be very mouthy.... but at the end of the day, they give up and quit because they have no clue how this game is played.... and almost all times those are the ones that will keep crying out in forums over their co-players that they are cheating etc....

It is really funny to read the first post and know how the story will go up to the last post....

If you think that someone is cheating and admins say he is clear , as long as you trust admins he is clear!!!
But by chickening out and quiting you do nothing....

Best reaction would be to stick around and fight back.....
because at the end of the day, this is a war game.......

And by the way, the true winners of a server are those that actuall go up ranking positions by fighting....
and not by helping on the building of a building or just by entering an alliance at the right moment....
As I said above this is a war game..... and if someone thinks that he is the winner because he is a great builder, then he needs to reevaluate as he is a fake winner

Are you referring to me?
Oh, not me. Now I see the link you posted.