forced simcity

DeletedUser

It doesn't happen often I have complaints about a game in beta...

But now I have one.

If you are on a island filled with hardcore players you get pretty fast forced to play simcity especially due to the 7day bp

maybe a sollution for this could be...

• If a certain treshold is reached eg 400 points bp is automatic de-activated for the player
  • Revise the mood/strenght on farms based on island activity

Now this would instantly spice up the game for the hardcore players instead of going for 5 days into simcity mode. And would still protect the less active players which in theory are doomed on a island with hardcore players.

DeletedUser

Beginners protection is a perfectly acceptable system. Without it, new players would be besieged with attacks before they even figure out what the hell they are supposed to do.

The only reason it seems off to you is because at the moment, everyone is in beginners protection. That's just because of the reset. Once that 7 days has ended, it will be much better for these so called 'hardcore players'.

I think it should be kept the way it is.

DeletedUser

You don't understand what I'm writing

bp would hold a treshold, so when a player reaches a certain amount of points prior the 7 days it would be de-activated

so those that have bp de-activated can already attack eachother while the smaller players would still be in bp

DeletedUser

Hmm, I think that may have problems.

If you don't really know what you are doing, you may not recruit any troops and focus on buildings. This will obviously increase your points, pushing you over this threshold and out of beginners protection.

At least with 7 days you have more chance of realising you are going to need troops.

DeletedUser

I think the system is great as it is. It makes it a little bit exiting to see who has planed best when the BP is over ;)

If players where allowed to deactivate BP at a some point, it could be used against its purpose.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. Or an alternative could be if you build something to a certain level then BP is automatically off. Maybe Senate at level 8 or City Wall at level 1 (just examples, could be anything). I've seen it in other games and it works just fine. Lets the player decide if they want off BP early or not.

The only drawback is...we are all isolated on an island. If no one else on your island is off BP then there is no gain in getting off BP early.

DeletedUser

The only drawback is...we are all isolated on an island. If no one else on your island is off BP then there is no gain in getting off BP early....

... and even if someone was doing this, he wouldn't be your first aim for sure.

DeletedUser

not a good idea

first off you probably won't have enough troops at 400 to kill the 6 defenders that come automatically with a village. you might have 10 slingers .... but it wouldn't be of much worth if most of them are wiped clearing a village that's inactive and only produces 7 of each an hour.... only to have someone else find this out and farm them as well.

i'd say it wouldn't be worth it till you got at least 30+ slingers .... and by that time BP is over ...

DeletedUser

as most of us Gicusan go for LC asap, but having a treshold where bp eg ends automatic before we are able to build LC might be pretty interesting and spice up the game instead of well simcity playing.

DeletedUser

It wouldn't work. If a player deactivates his bp he becomes vulnerable, the players who still have bp can attack him and he cant fight back for a few days.

DeletedUser

LC are very expensive, and if you only want to crush simcity n00bs who have all swordsmen, hoplites are almost as good to attack with anyway. Try running some simulations in the Agora and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It wouldn't work. If a player deactivates his bp he becomes vulnerable, the players who still have bp can attack him and he cant fight back for a few days.
No no no, you can't attack anyone if you are still under BP, even if someone else on your island is off BP. That is where you have to make your decision. Reach the threshold to end BP early or not.

DeletedUser

exactly, treshold or player choice to deactive it earlier

pretty sure several have already hoplites and can't wait to go kill some troops of other players ...