No major catastrophes so far, but some outdated Wiki information.

First of all, and as always: The in-game link refers to the article for the last event, not to the current one.

Obviously someone started revising the "Winter Grepolympia" article on January 4, but didn´t make it past the first two paragraphs (changing the number of days per discipline from 3 to 5). The other paragraphs still show last year´s numbers.

Training:

The number of units that can be trained in each slot is limited, and this results in the training time being 1.5 hours per slot.

No, it´s 2 hours per slot.

You can also use gold to allow your athlete to train 20% more effectively over 12 hours.

No, over 24 hours.

Competition:

Your athlete can enter into a competition once every 12 hours.

No, every 24 hours.

The number of laurels granted in the game does not correlate with the numbers given in the Wiki table. For the first discipline, according to the Wiki article...
0 - 574m should result in 40 laurels - we received 70
575 - 674m should result in 50 laurels - we received 80
675 - 774m should result in 55 laurels - we received 90
775 - 874m should result in 60 laurels - we received 100
(...)

Since we had a "laurel bug" last year, we can´t even know which numbers are intended. I would guess that the number of laurels has been adjusted because there are less free attempts (only 5 per discipline instead of last year´s 6), but unless we receive information regarding such changes, we can´t know for sure.

buffysara

Athena
1.132 m - 130 Punkte
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

And I found yet another discrepancy.

Wiki:
Alliance Rewards
At the end of each discipline, the top 10 alliances will receive an 'effect' as a reward. This effect is tied to membership within the alliance. When joining or leaving the alliance, the effect is thus activated or deactivated respectively. The strength, or intensity, of this effect will depend on where the alliance places in the rankings. Duration: 14 Days from the enactment of the reward.

In-game:
Alliance rewards last for 21 days.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yep, the wiki has wrong values.

The page will be updated soon, thanks again for the feedback :)

DeletedUser4201

Are the points/unit values in the wiki correct? because I figured out units ingame only give the 80% of those points
Wiki (1x): Swordman -> 121 points
World 3x speed: Swordman -> 33 points ( = roundup(121 * 0.8 / 3) )
World 4x speed: Swordman -> 25 points ( = roundup(121 * 0.8 / 4) )

Is it possible that the 80% only applies to beta worlds and thus other markets will have the same values as in the wiki?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yep, some numbers have been fixed, what is still missing though?

Competition:
Your athlete can enter into a competition once every 12 hours
Every 24 hours

Alliance rewards:
Duration: 14 Days from the enactment of the reward.
21 days

And please also check the points per unit - I don´t know whether @-PNP- incognito is right, I have not watched it that closely, but it feels as if he could be right.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yep, I also thinks there's something wrong with the points, I'm forwarding it again, thanks!

DeletedUser4201

Competition:
And please also check the points per unit - I don´t know whether @-PNP- incognito is right, I have not watched it that closely, but it feels as if he could be right.
I think the wiki is incorrect, because in the game as it's now you can fill every slot with erinys and you will end the competition with 206392 training points (including the 1000 you start with, as you start at level 1), which is the same amount you would get with the numbers in the wiki. So it makes sense for me that they decreased the points to the 80%, so everything fits and so you can reach the same level as in the previous Winter Grepolympia, even if in this one each slot runs for 2 hours (instead of 1:30h) and the competition runs for 5 days (instead of 3).

TLDR; most likely wiki points/unit values have to be adapted to the current event, or just make another article named Winter Grepolympia 2019 and leave the other as 2018, like you did in previous non-winter Grepolympia (2012, 2016, 2017...)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The table has now been fixed, and also the formula :)

The values on the table have to be multiplied by 1.4, this factor is tied with the discipline duration. In case of a following edition (next year?) with a different discipline duration, the table will still be valid but we'll specify the new factor.

For the record, the correct formula is value*factor/speed

Glad to see that someone looks with that attention at the numbers on the wiki ;)

DeletedUser4201

Thanks a million, that's pretty much all we need in my alliance to prepare for the event. Thanks again. :)

DeletedUser4201

Just one more thing. I think the Grepolympia shop will be available for 3 days (instead of 2 as the wiki says) after the event ends. Can you confirm this? Thanks

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
That's definitely 3 days.
The initial plan was to let it open 2 days only, but maybe as the disciplines have been extended made sense to also extend the shop.

Well, happy shopping :p

Well, and to you happy revising the wiki article once again, along with the text of your announcement - both texts showing the wrong number of days for the shop...^^

So I am wondering.....
Has the once per day (instead of every 12 hours) free try increased the gold income (compared to twice free tries per day) or not??

And my main question will still be in regards to the mobile app....
As Inno is a private company for sure wants to maximize profit.....
For this reason it runs the events (on all its games...)
So why not also implement the events for the mobile version????
For example for this event (winter grepolympia) from the screenshot of the "bug" I reported the first day of the event we can clearly see in the background event elements.....

index.php

i.e. boost training.... also can we 3 tabs most probably training, participation and shop......

So people will be able to access event (and use gold) more hours daily.....

so I would say event on the app is more gold profit for company rather than decrease the free tries....

Therefore why not finally implement event into app
especially after CEO interview saying....

"One topic which is important to me is to improve the mobile version of the game and, above all, to implement features that are still missing."

(https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/ind...w-with-hendrik-klindworth-innogames-ceo.4392/ first answer regarding grepolis.....)

YT-0-IV9QumttrGWQbj0xg.png

smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif