Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.187.

May I ask if this is the kind of update, where nothing was installed but the whole game doesn't work afterwards?

Perhaps you will surprise us on Friday and add some update sets :)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
What isn't working? Please report it on the bug section :)

About the empty updates that may break the game, the reason is quite simple: an update may a technical one, just affecting how a specific data is stored in a database. It's definitely not revelant for the players or for the gameplay itself, but it may break everything nevertheless :p

DeletedUser4351

Strategic Map - Doubleclicking anywhere (also on other windows or texts) brings back to the Island View.

Does this bugfix mean that our issues on Ipad (most buttons don't work) will be also resolved? I guess it is related, but not sure...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Not really unfortunately, it's a bug on the desktop version.

Well, considering that simply using the desktop version on the ipad fixes all the issues, this one is also fixed on iPads :p

DeletedUser4351

@Arci It does fix some issues on the price of creating other issues. Desktop version has the following problems on Ipad:
- city names can't be changed
- windows can't be moved
- in island map view it is not possible to navigate (hold and drag) and some cities are behind the tools and can't be selected from map, the context menu can't be reached (players have to use BB codes in a message, notes, forum... to interact with such cities instead of 'go to city..' or try to use the context menu in world map view for support, attack, trade etc. - zoom in and find the right colored dot...)
to be able to navigate on map, look around on neighbor islands is essential part of the game to find targets, friendly cities etc.
upload_2019-4-18_7-37-31.png

on PC this is the hidden city:
unknown.png

True Story - when I have incoming attacks, also to a similar city overnight, it goes down like this:
- load Grepolis on Safari / Ipad
- trying to find which cities are under attack
- I can't click on overview, city on city list - damn this is not the right version!!!
- reload & request desktop site
- a new world selection site loads.... ok this is not what I want to see...
image0.png

- tap on back to be able to select my world
- I can finally see the movements (screenshot to share them), lets go to the cities to dodge my units...
- oh this city is under the right side menu
- sigh I can't select it!!! /in panic.... /
- I select it from city list and dodge my units /shivering/. (if there's any left due to the extra steps take lot of time)
- I try to send long term support.. but again I can't select the city on map....

I don't think it is just me who used the map / context menu for almost every interaction with cities and you could probably ask why not load the App instead -to get most information and share it in short time it is the best to screenshot troop movements with actual landing times...

I use Puffin browser now instead of loading desktop site, everything works with it so far, but I hope there will be a real fix, because mainstream players just take it granted that a 'browser game' should work on all browsers as it did before and won't experiment with new browsers, desktop view...unless you tell them what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thanks for all the info, but please keep in mind that playing the game with a mobile browser is not entirely supported as the game is designed for desktop browsers. Playing on mobile is supported by the app.

timemnemic

Cyclop
When finally the already existing error for weeks with the distance setting in the market is fixed. I play with Tablet Android and Chrome Browser. The distance setting has been persistently light gray for weeks and standing at 30 min. I can do what I want the 30 min will not change. I am completely limited in my trade, since I can only trade in the 30 min radius. A person in charge, please take a tablet in your hand and explore this serious mistake. Thanks.

Wann endlich wird der schon seit Wochen existierende Fehler mit der Distanzeinstellung im Markt behoben. Ich spiele mit Tablet Android und Chrome Browser . Die Distanzeinstellung bleibt seit Wochen in Beharrlichkeit hellgrau und bei 30 min stehen. Ich kann tun was ich will die 30 min lassen sich nicht ändern. Ich bin völlig in meinen Handelstausch eingeschränkt, da ich nur noch im 30 min Radius handeln kann. Ein Verantwortlicher nehme doch bitte mal ein Tablet in die Hand und erkundet diesen gravierenden Fehler.Danke.

Thanks for all the info, but please keep in mind that playing the game with a mobile browser is not entirely supported as the game is designed for desktop browsers. Playing on mobile is supported by the app.

Please clarify what you mean by desktop browsers.
Does this mean that we exclude laptops??
Or we exclude devices running Windows but having a detouchable mouse.keyboard?? (example devices Lenovo Miix, Acer Iconia, Lenovo Yoga or other windows based device where you might have only the touchscreen to interact same way as previously mentioned devices)
Or you refer only to the iPad ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Uhm... to be honest I haven't tried, but I would say that playing with a proper mouse on a tablet browser should work fine as well.