As it seems there are no announcements for (daily) changes any more.

Yesterday a ridiculously enlarged gold button was moved from the left to the upper right hand corner of the UI.

First, it is ugly as hell and its font size does not fit to the rest of the UI. Looks awful.

Second, users with small resolutions have been complaining even before this change was made that event symbols, notifications and offers were drawn to the left and were barely visible and clickable under open windows due to space constraints in the lower right hand corner. Now the situation is even worse:

owansopnd54.jpg

Third, there seem to be two versions of the new gold button, the other even worse. Another player´s screenshot:

vzhmqwdlx91.jpg

This means that there are two test groups again, and you want to find out which of those two utterly intrusive versions might cause more players to buy more gold. Well, I hope nobody feels inclined to do so and to support this disfigurement of the UI and its usability.

We have always known that Inno is placing Mammon over the Gods, you don´t have to show it that clearly.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The daily changelogs will start again next week :)

Back to your feedbacks, yes, we're doing some tests for the gold button, thanks for your feedback ^^

DeletedUser

yes, we're doing some tests for the gold button, thanks for your feedback
So a gold purchase test is more important..yes means more revenue for IG..What does it mean that the players push frustration here?..you prefer to make the player impossible here..and messes up the interface here..
cgbustlls65.jpg

Screen is from Sandbox 7..I wanted to thank you for that..that I can no longer use one of the best scripts..
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please note that the USER scripts are an additional layer made by some users. If what lays on the bottom changes, the script will change as well if the USER who made it wants to.

Our intention is absolutely not to mess with those scripts, but we can't be locked to a certain UI because afraid that a minimal change may break the altered layout by some script.

That´s not what we are complaining about although it adds to the shock of the disfigurement and the usability issues described and shown. I would rather have expected an "official" comment regarding the situation in the lower right hand corner than - again - one about user scripts.

Players using higher resolutions might find the new size and placement of the gold button less intrusive but everybody I have talked to thus far thinks the gold button was better placed on the left and close to the advisors - there is a logical connection between them after all. Except one player (who simply does not care about aesthetics) all those I have talked to think the new size and placement is disgusting for a number of reasons. They all feel that gold has become too important in the game, much more important than activity, know-how and skill, and the new size and placement seems to underline that experience and enhance their frustration. There is a certain symbolism in the fact that the gold button is now placed above Gods, troops, heroes and spells, don´t you think? And the imperative and intrusive "Buy Gold" makes me object at once... ;)

DeletedUser

but we can't be locked to a certain UI because afraid that a minimal change may break the altered layout by some script.

Sorry Arci if I do not laugh..how many scripts are allowed here..they can be counted on one hand..there are 2 scripts that change the interface minimally here..Dio and Quackmaster..we players need these scripts because otherwise easy play is impossible here..without said scripts, you can not even send any support here..or let your allinaz know how many attacks are coming..without these 2 scripts you can bury yourself here..
smiley_emoticons_neutral_new.gif

With your changes you do not make the game better..you just make it unplayable for us..
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

regards
Geisti

Edit:
It's all about the gold..how can you best milk the player..You only have dollar signs in your eyes..The deal with the Swedes is already complete..how high is the commission..

https://www.deutsche-startups.de/2016/10/13/innogames-mtg/

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I've never heard about a game (not) changing its UI because of some user scripts, but thanks for your feedbacks, we'll discuss about it.

DeletedUser

I've never heard about a game (not) changing its UI because of some user scripts, but thanks for your feedbacks, we'll discuss about it.
All right Arci You want to make a profit here..I understand everything..but I do not understand that changes will take place here..without informing the players..What do you expect us to accept from you? These scripts are just important to us..We just need you..without scripts you can delete it here..
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

regards
Geisti

We almost did not notice that you had belatedly filled changelog 2.155 with some stuff yesterday, after the deployment of 2.156 had already started.

Bonus effects are now stored differently, enabling them to be restored under certain conditions.
  • Upon the start of a siege, all bonus effects on the besieged city are now saved and will be restored if the siege is not successful.
    • Effects that affect this city only are taken off during the siege and restored with their previous remaining time once the siege was ended. This means the initial duration gets extended by the siege duration.
    • Global effects, like alliance rewards (e.g. from Grepolympia) or effects that are active on every player city (e.g. Rituals) will keep running as usual, albeit not being active during the siege, meaning that they will not be extended once the siege was broken successfully.

On January 14, 2018, and inspired by one of the questions of the current German forum contest, we happened to test the behaviour of effects and spells during sieges and after the sieges had been broken one way or another and were quite surprised by our findings - not knowing that those previously unannounced changes were already active on Beta at that time.

In the course of our tests we found that spells that were active before the CS landed and were cast once again during the siege (city protection, for example) are now displayed twice in the city after the siege was broken. According to Faey this should not happen, she forwarded it to the devs:

tycbaaupz54.jpg

voutsmeld56.jpg

As you can see, also the harpies reinforcement was displayed again after the siege was ended - but it did not work. Although I had enough free population, not a single harpy was generated after the siege had been ended prematurely (both screenshots are from zz7). I don´t think that this is intended?

We did not check whether the other effects did work properly after they had been restored.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Well, if you already reported it on the german forum and Faey has forwarded it to the devs... we can only wait for the fix :)

Did you mention these additional details on the german forum as well?

Faey told us that she had forwarded the part about the double spells. I don´t know whether she has noticed and forwarded the additional info that the troop reinforcements do not work (and the other restored effects should be checked as well).

We had posted it (in more detail and with additional screenshots) in the question section of the German forums since at that time we did not know that there was a change made on Beta - otherwise I would have reported it here first. Please let me know whether information about the exact time and city IDs of our tests might be helpful.