DeletedUser2458

• The colonization screen has now the button to open the travel time simulator!
Purpose???

• The colonization screen has now the button to open the travel time simulator!
Purpose???

I assume the purpose for the time simulator is to check time under various scenarios......

My question would be WHY provide time for a various number of units when ALL of them will travel on the speed of the slowest unit which until now is the CS ??
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

What is the point to have time for ligth ships, manticores or any other unit?? And in such cases you do not even need to send out supports as none is going to "destroy" your CS as it will not be visible until town is build!!!!

So I assume the correct question would be....
What is the purpose of having all those time details for all unit types when they will all travel at the speed of the CS???

Because knowing time for all scenarios is usefull but no town is going to be create just with harpies or manticores or transport ships....
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

The new and completely unnecessary screen stating the "requirements" is blocking the possibility to check the CS travel times to colonization spots and is hindering beginners to see the colonization screen at all, including the new infos provided there, especially for them. It makes no sense at all to provide additional info for beginners, only to block it afterwards until those beginners have built their first CS.

We have been recommending - again and again - to abolish the requirement screen (since it is incomplete, ugly and redundant, and sporting an equally unnecessary and always greyed-out "found city" button) and to integrate the requirement info into the colonization screen itself as it was done with the other additional info (colonizing info/island info). There is not single reason why there should not be a "requirement info" in the colonization screen as well. Why block it all with that unnecessary window? Why??

When I learned that (instead of abolishing the requirement screen) Inno planned to implement a travel time simulator into it to compensate the blocking of the colonization screen and the possibility to check the CS travel times to city foundation spots, I really got a spontaneous headache because it was and is such an utterly stupid thing to do so. Sorry, but sometimes I must use that word to describe actions otherwise unexplainable...^^

---

Get rid of the requirement window, get rid of that travel time simulator - it really gives me a headache each time I think about this "solution" - place that requirement info in the colonization screen and make that screen and that info available for all players and in all active cities, whether they have a CS ready in their harbour or not.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I don't get what can be this extremely wrong in adding some more info, even if not vital ones.

Knowing the travel time for the other kind of units can be interesting to do your plannings. what's wrong on that?

What is wrong? We could do all those travel time checks in the colonization screen if it had not been blocked by that silly requirement screen.

There is nothing wrong with some more info for beginners, but its placement is vital. The requirement screen is a pure nuisance, and its content could have easily been added to the colonization window itself.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
So this negative feedback is for the requirement screen, not for this the travel time simulator :p

Got it.

I don't get what can be this extremely wrong in adding some more info, even if not vital ones.

Knowing the travel time for the other kind of units can be interesting to do your plannings. what's wrong on that?

So I decide to make a colonisation.....
I select the spot wheri want to send my CS, I select the troops that are going to be send with CS and I get a time needed for travel which is the time of the CS (as CS is the slowest unit in the game)
So I get a screen like the below...

93RZvI_NTmyx7qvb80iwTA.png

Which informs me that my journey will need 23:30:41 to get on the spot.
And that is fine.

Now if I want to use the simulator (handy tool as I said before) I need to press the button and I get something like the below...

64VwR8OGRGOd45AQ5j8-0w.png

Now on this screen I can select cartography, lighthouse, etc according to my pleasure so as to see which fits better for "me" to send the CS timewise....

My question is what is the point to have all those times from all those units (even units that do not exist in town i.e. fire ships) as the time required is according to the CS travel time and to this only!!!!

Please advise on interesting the plannings you said as even I select triremes, biremes or light ships to accompany CS, the travel time will be CS travel time. If I have manticores or slow transport ships, again it will be CS travel time!!!
What are those interesting plannings as unfortunately I am not able to see them. Unless Inno is hiding something else and in the next upgrade we will not need a CS for the colonisation or CS will no longer be the slowest unit in the game....
Please advise as really I can not see anything interesting in this list apart from useless info spamming a small window (where even the most neccesary info for the CS is been kept at the far bottom of the list...).
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
It is just a little additional informations, it may be interesting to know how far is that town with certain type of troops that you are planning to recruit/build later on the new founded town :)

Not every single change has to necessarily break the game mechanics, luckily I'd say :p