Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
If the towns has ships only, you should get at least one quest that can be done without ground troops anyway :)

If the towns has ships only, you should get at least one quest that can be done without ground troops anyway :)

Yes, we should - but please have a closer look on "A Threat from Outside": On the left hand side you have to defeat hoplites, on the right hand side you have to defend yourself against hoplites. Won't work with ships only...^^

I had reported this issue in the Beta section of the German forums some weeks ago but the quest has not been revised so far.

Was just given a new quest and despite having towns on so many islands, the new quest poped opn same island where last quest was given.
Ending up getting last two quests on same island.

Yes, I have noticed this twice so far since the IQs have been attached to the quest log - both today's quests have spawned on the same island again, and it is getting a bit strange, since other players are also reporting that some islands seem to attract more IQs than others.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2458

you should get at least one quest that can be done without ground troops anyway
This statement is not exact, Arci. You CAN get a quest where you are requested to use land units in both cases. However, there are 3 possible objectives where land units can be dispatched. Attacking, defending and rallying. You cannot obtain a quest which needs to attack or rally (send certain amount of units directly into the quest) at the same time as these actions can be performed only from a town which is located on a quest's island. The Defending objective is not that case as you can still defend yourself by sending of a support to a city on which you are going to provoke an island quest attack. More info is in the proper wiki page. So, there is nothing to a revision. Not in case of the mentioned quest.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yes, we should - but please have a closer look on "A Threat from Outside": On the left hand side you have to defeat hoplites, on the right hand side you have to defend yourself against hoplites. Won't work with ships only...^^

I had reported this issue in the Beta section of the German forums some weeks ago but the quest has not been revised so far.
Did someone get that quest after the IQR update on a ship-only town?

Yes, I have noticed this twice so far since the IQs have been attached to the quest log - both today's quests have spawned on the same island again, and it is getting a bit strange, since other players are also reporting that some islands seem to attract more IQs than others.
We'll see if it's just a coincidence or not :)

This statement is not exact, Arci. You CAN get a quest where you are requested to use land units in both cases. However, there are 3 possible objectives where land units can be dispatched. Attacking, defending and rallying. You cannot obtain a quest which needs to attack or rally (send certain amount of units directly into the quest) at the same time as these actions can be performed only from a town which is located on a quest's island. The Defending objective is not that case as you can still defend yourself by sending of a support to a city on which you are going to provoke an island quest attack. More info is in the proper wiki page. So, there is nothing to a revision. Not in case of the mentioned quest.
That's what I said :p
Thanks anyways for clarifinying it, you're right indeed ^^

Did someone get that quest after the IQR update on a ship-only town?

29263845bo.jpg

Island quests should be manageable with the means of the island. Looking into the new challenges (and the new rewards) I guess the game designer(s) have somehow forgotten that Grepolis is a PvP game. That's what we need our troops for, and all this NPC stuff of the island quests should be nothing more than some byplay of minor importance, nice to have, but in no way should they become the focus of ones game play. I have the strong feeling that this line has been crossed now, when I am supposed to send support from other islands to be able to wheather a NPC (!) attack, or when the troop rewards have become so voluminous that I cannot accept them for lack of free population or because they would hinder a well-balanced troop mix in the accepting city. I had always welcomed the smaller troop rewards of the former IQ version - they came quite handy to help backfill some losses; but I dont know what to do with the current numbers. Sometimes less can be more...^^

This notion is even stronger on zz2, with zz2 being one of the last worlds without the additional hero world building levels, i.e. less population and smaller warehouses the IQ challenges are not adapted to.

DeletedUser2458

I am really not sure if the island quest system determines type of a quest according to units in cities on an island. I'm joking. I am sure it doesn't. All quests where you need to attack or rally (not defend yourself!!!) troops have been adjusted as it has been written. The evil objective wants to defeat some units in attack. The good one requires to provoke an attack and defend yourself. The evil one can be completed only with help of home units, the good option you can fulfill with help of units from another town by sending of support. I can't believe that you haven't read information??? Or a misunderstanding? :(

Island quests should be manageable with the means of the island.
And this should be the point of the current discussion. Not solving if this issue is a bug or not as it simply isn't! At this point, I quite agree. It can be difficult to support a town just due to a quest as cities in ally-center zone are often empty and you can't (it's dangerous) to support the city by units from town which is near to an enemy.

About rewards power, I agree again. I have a problem to use or store it as I don't have enough inventory slots or free population... I have had this problem even without island quest rewards. It is sometimes impossible to store all (defensive) reinforcements obtained from the daily reward. :D However, I still prefer to get this numbers. E.g. 36 units to receive... bad joke. You can drop it as well as you can throw away e.g. 210 units which you can't use (lack of pop). Same result. I would welcome if I drop an island quest reward right in the quest screen, coins will be always accepted as after droping reward you lose coins as well. Illogical.

I am not quite sure what you are referring to in your first paragraph. Can´t be something I wrote^^ - but if so you have really misunderstood what I had been trying to say. I did not say that there is a bug in a "Thread from Outside" (I spoke of reporting in the German forums, as a contradiction to the info that was spread in the first place, not of reporting a bug), I only contradicted Arci´s statement that one side of the quest can always be completed without using ground troops. And, quite honestly: When I am supposed to either defeat 1091 hoplites or to defend myself against 1091 hoplites for a shabby island quest I come to the conclusion that the island quests have left their role in the game and have become more important than they should be in a PvP game.

And I was not speaking of troop rewards of 210 units, but of those you receive at game stage 4 and world speed 4 - troop reinforcements of between 700 and 900 units, and most of them defensive. When I must throw away most of them because I have not enough space or because I prefer mixed defense in my cities, and when more and more players are telling me the same, then maybe the new system of challenges and rewards is not as well balanced as it should be after all these months, at least for game stage 4 and higher world speeds.

DeletedUser2458

The first paragraph refers on the Arci's post. Text under the quote is "for you".
I know, that you are talking about higher amount of units, that was just the first number which I thought. :D Generally, issue stays. I think previous reinforcement weren't helpful at all. You received almost nothing. Now, you can throw it away, or use it as a strong effect to quick replenish of fallen army (it's even more powerful with Demokritos hero). I see only problem that if you throw away your reward, you will lose coins as well. At this moment, you can enjoy reinforcement effects sometimes... before, you never couldn't...

And, quite honestly: When I am supposed to either defeat 1091 hoplites or to defend myself against 1091 hoplites for a shabby island quest I come to the conclusion that the island quests have left their role in the game and have become more important than they should be in a PvP game.
Definitely yes. If you are not really active warrior, you will fight against quests more than against other players. :D (a little exaggeration) Values of units which you need to defend against could be lower as it is imho currently more difficult for players who like fights against real players. Who have many cities in hot enemy zone. Or these ways of fulfilling could offer some units as a reward? Questionable...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The point is: Hard quest -> Big reward (but still optional to do).

No one forces you to do an island quest if you think it breaks your defense on a hot zone, but if you're lucky enough to get a good quest on a safe zone, you can easily do it. Everytime something has a random factor, luck is obviously involved. Some scenarios will be good, some others will be less good.

Another thing that I'd like to point out: You get those hard quest only after reaching lot of points, so you should be strong enough to handle it. Personally I just think we were used to those super super easy quests and not a little challenge factor is not properly assimilated.

If you're not a really active warrior, but you still want to have fun, you can focus on the quests while supporting your alliance, what's wrong? :)

Guys you must remember that not everyone wakes up at 4am to send attacks, optimizes every single town, do maths to win every fights... we have casual players too ^^

Anyways, I like this discussion, even if I disagree on some points you're for sure saying all reasonable points of view :)