meli

Medusa
@galanoulis i report several bugs in the german market over the last years and i test each new event on the beta. I think i make my job :)

Back to topic:
The growth in units is too low compared to the increase in mission requirements.

The running time of the missions is fine. Much better as last year

@* Arci * What is the minimal base chance?

DeletedUser4186

Feedback from me for this event.

the change not to use normal units is good. how good tha balancing is, we see in a few days. For my the most important thing is that a player should be able to reach box 40 without spending gold. Inno said this was a target for the first pandorraevent, and this was missed clearly.
I also like the shorter Duration of the missions until yet.

@* Arci *

don´t worry

from now only feedback her from me. All things that i wanted to say are written here (Testworld and so on^^)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3824

- troops are not enough ,unbalanced
- some rewards are too low ( like 4 x 3 harpies ...what you can do with 12 harpies ,honestly )
- without gold it is impossible to reach anything serious ( like in other events )
- reporting bugs for gold is a joke...with restart or some knowledge you will not experience bugs ;)
- some missions you can't do 100% succesfully ( even if I can do it ;) )
- missions are the same like last year ,easy to figure out ( you can simply write down the right answers )

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I deleted your off topics, feel free to use the private messages to chat 1 on 1.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

DeletedUser4573

The balancing of the Pandoras box has been improved from last time that the event was there.
Yes there is still a lot of work to be done to get it in "perfect harmony", but i also am sure that we will eventually get there.

Some good points:
- Lesser possibility to actually spend gold and gain a lot from it. -> The shop is gone, and i honestly do think that this can be a good change.
- No more spending your own troops. -> There are now special troops to spend , so you do not need to use the troops from your city.

Lesser points:
- Rewards are too low. -> With the shop gone, rewards out of the boxes should really be a lot higher than what it is now, to make it worthwile for the community to spend such an amount of time on this event. especially if the island quests seems to get you higher rewards for lesser amount of work and time.
- As it seems now, it doesnt look like you can get the last box without using gold, wich is not that great. Yes, i think that the balance on this has improved from last time, but it still can use some more.

Overal, this event could be seen as an improvement from last time. That said, there is still a lot of work to be done to make this really work.

meli

Medusa
Feedback Pandoras Box 2018

Problems:

- The running time of the missions has a much better balance compared to the 2017 version. This created new problems. The event now requires significantly more activity and this is visible to much for many players.

- For many players, the biggest annoyance in the event was the possibility of several failed attempts in a row. Many quit the event because of that.

- Considering the required activity, the reward is too weak. Especially in contrast to the fact that in the 2017 version, you gain the strongest event bonuses of all time (2x golden heightened senses, 1x Big Setup (dont know the english name of this item), 4 Culture Levels, 4 times 4 Week Pandora Rewards, Eventshop with Land Extensions and Heightened Senses).
It is positive to mention that InnoGames has recognized the problem of too strong event rewards and now for the third time in a row brings an event with comparatively weak rewards (Wheel of Fortune, Greek Cup, Pandora), but this time they are to weak (even after the daily change).

- When the bug with the chariots is fixed (in a mission, a mission requires horseman instead of chariots), the units are distributed almost perfectly. The distribution looks like this
3/18 horsemans, 4/18 slingers, 3/18 hoplites, 3/18 chariots, 2/18 swordsmen and 3/18 archers
However, this does not correspond to the distribution of the output units.

- In view of the required activity, a playability with the app must be guaranteed.

Proposals:

- Either the increase of the mission-duration (currently 5%) raise to 7 - 8%, or the base duration of the missions should be doubled (currently 240/360/480 seconds).
This reduces the required activity and the frustration caused by several failures in a row falls away. The time required to reach Box 40 remains approximately identical.

- The rewards could be improved in a variety of ways. The two best options would be in my opinion
  • Introduction of an event shop
  • Maintaining the current rewards. For each level 3 - 5 items are distributed (exception Pandora Items) and these are stored in the extra inventory
Furthermore, the rewards for the rankings are too weak. It would be desirable if this is improved.

- At the moment you get slingers and hoplites the most, then horsemans and chariots and the least you get from archers and swordsmen. Horsemen and chariots are needed for fast missions, slingers and hoplites for medium missions and swordsmen and archers for slow missions.
It would be desirable if you could make a better balance here.

Praise:

- The Pandora items no longer work with Democritus
- There are more events that need activity and strategy than in the past (Greek Cup and now Pandora)
- The strength of the event rewards has finally been reduced.
- Appealing look and good graphics
- The leaderboard now has 50 instead of 20 people
- The balancing appears successful. I am just closing the 22nd box and continue to believe Box 40 is feasible without gold.

zutetrezut

Erinys
I wanted to wait to have something to say to make a constructive comment on the game and I have not been here for several days…

So I just read everything and I admit that I am completely disgusted by the attitude of meli.
At the beginning, I only found it is strange that a non-existent player is 1st.
But if he is there as a member of the Inner Grepolis Player Council, who only wants to test, why does he absolutely want to be 1st? why does it rot the game for real players ? it's ridiculous…

… and yes ? we are playing on SB8 !
lorenzou wants the 1st place for the LS award, not for the medal or to be able to boast of being 1st ! The fact that an inactive member of the Inner Grepolis Player Council uses I don't know what way to steal our rewards annoys him and that's normal.

... sandbox is also a test world
- of course ! We often meet cities belonging to the designers of the game ... they never interfere in the game ! they don't prevent real players from winning.

--------

about gold
meli said he used only 1100 gold ... and you say you want to see if you can play without gold ?!
- contradictory, no ? I don't think the big part of the players use so much in a "little game".
For me, no problem with gold, Grepolis must live and and some players need it to be at the level... but personally it is a question of principle : the least gold possible and I compensate by being more active.
So the true answer to the question "can we play Pandora game without gold? " : yes. I didn't use gold (not at all) : I'm in the top 3.

-------

now real comments on the box : I'm agree with others :
- obviously it's better with troops provided rather than his own
- obviously some rewards are too low
- the missions are easy to understand (a "normal" player fumble a little at the beginning, after it is the same)
- the level of difficulty is very good until box 20 : some missions fail, but not too much, it is good

- after, there is a problem of balance between the troops provided, the percentage of success planned, the real success...
I noted :

the same day
box 21 (always with the maximum % of chance) : 10 failures + the successes / no problems of troops

box 22:
with good troops : 9 failed + 2 successful
without the % max (since there is not enough choice of troops) : 5 failures and 5 successes
-> why so many failures while the troops are good ? (the success rate is very below 50%)

next day (today)
box 23 : 6 failures, 7 successful, once in 2
box 24 (no more choice of troops ) : 14 failures, 3 successful ... no more troops at all, I have to wait until tomorrow
-> not enough troops
-> is the game planned to do only one box each day ? : in this case we can't reach the box 40

-----------

You see, I'm very tenacious (and we set up a psychological support cell to help me to resist my lack of luck) ... the "normal" players will stop before.
In the first version of the Pandora box I stopped playing before the end, around box 30, because I lost too many (real) troops ... this time, I'm only fed up.

… and a message for meli : I personally don't care if you will be the 1st ... I only want gifts that will be useful to my alliance.

meli

Medusa
@zutetrezut
I understand that you want to support your alliance member "Lorenzou". But please try to look at it from my perspective.

At this event you get unknown rewards after the 40th box. So I really want to get beyond box 40 so I know these rewards and know if it's worth the effort on live worlds.

It also took a while to find the perfect strategy in this event. As a result, I have come much further than anyone else in the event.

I'm just closing Box 28 and I still have 20,411 BHP units.

I used 1100 gold, but I would have achieved the same result if I used an alarm clock and did not sleep for more than 5 hours. The gold was just for comfort.

Finally. My goal is not to be 1st. My goal is to test this event as much as possible and to find strategies for the live worlds.
For this I use free gold for bug reports and my free time. Just overtake me, if the first place is so important to you. But do not expect me to slow down to give you 1st place.

zutetrezut

Erinys
I told you : for me, never mind about gold, never mind about first place... I just want some rewards for my alliance.

But I have not enough troops / where do you find troops with 5 cities at 900 points ? ... being still inactive (yellow - 2 days)

I think I follow the rules ... and I have troops now, I can send what is reuqired... but since midnight, I failed still 5 times for 1 success. What is wrong ? perhaps me ? ;) ... or something in the game setting...

yzQ35Dc.png

RqSVb5j.png

A4UwhEg.png

meli

Medusa
I told you : for me, never mind about gold, never mind about first place... I just want some rewards for my alliance.

But I have not enough troops / where do you find troops with 5 cities at 900 points ? ... being still inactive (yellow - 2 days)

I think I follow the rules ... and I have troops now, I can send what is reuqired... but since midnight, I failed still 5 times for 1 success. What is wrong ? perhaps me ? ;) ... or something in the game setting...

If you promise me to stop your members from annoying me i say you what is your mistake in this event ^^

Luck or gold is not the reason why I am 5 boxes further than you and still have more units left over.

zutetrezut

Erinys
If I'm not cursed and only make a mistake it's better ;)

ok, tell me
If my luck turns in Pandora box, I may also have a chance that my companions listen to me.

meli

Medusa
If I'm not cursed and only make a mistake it's better ;)

ok, tell me
If my luck turns in Pandora box, I may also have a chance that my companions listen to me.

You will need two separate units for each mission. One unit is "dominant".

The "dominant" unit gives 2/3 of the "Unit Bonus". The other unit gives the remaining 1/3.

You receive the full bonus of the "dominant" unit when you send 50% of the maximum.
You receive the full bonus of the other unit if you send 25% of the maximum.

So you have to send only 3/4 of the maximum for each mission. At Box 29 these are currently 382 BHP.

Furthermore you use less units to close a box, if you send only 40% of the maximum. You should only send "dominant" units. For 40% of the "dominant" unit, there is already 50% of the "unit bonus".

However, this tip is more relevant for Box 1-25.

Youre welcome
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser4186

lorenzou wants the 1st place for the LS award, not for the medal or to be able to boast of being 1st ! The fact that an inactive member of the Inner Grepolis Player Council uses I don't know what way to steal our rewards annoys him and that's normal.

Hy but the better way would be in that case to ASK Meli how he do that, and be sure because this is an testworld and to test this event is the main purpose i think, Meli would had answered (like he answered to you^^). But casting and spamming at him and bullying him here is surely not NORMAL (and if this is normal here---->puh no words than^^)

Same for me. Calling me arrogant instead of just asking normal lead into an other behaviour from me. I think the next event i play here active and trying to stay in Front of that player who called me arrogant^^

In Germany there is a proverb: the way you call into the forest, it resounds out.
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

-> why so many failures while the troops are good ? (the success rate is very below 50%)

this was the most annoying Thing in the first pandorraevent for me. Doing all things 100% correct AND reading MISSION FAILED 15 times in a row (my "record")

points number of towns and so on doesn´t make a change for this event. building 10 times an archer or a swordsman and cancel the building
costs equal to zero resies and gives you the troops for the event. i usually research the Diplomacy cancel the reasearch and start it again works too, if you log in dayli the resies just for doing that are enough to get max troops for that day^^

and to that meli said a little more from me^^

the dominant unit is the unit from the small picture, here an example

text of mission needing SHARP weapons and ranged but seing this in the little Picture
SilsnnlDLKpjoi9E-Bereich.png

this means ARCHER is the dominant unit and hoplits are the second unit.

So in that Mission you get MAX Bonus, if you are sending 50% of the required units as archer and 25% with hopies.

204 Archers and 102 Hopies (calced always in POP important for Horseman or chariot^^), this gives you full bonus but save lots of units.

I think this is your "main" Mistake

Furthermore you use less units to close a box, if you send only 40% of the maximum. You should only send "dominant" units. For 40% of the "dominant" unit, there is already 50% of the "unit bonus".

This is a important thing
Calcing this proper, shows that you safe lots of units but for the price of more time needed for closing a box, so if you have enough time but less units i think this should be your way, and if you have enough troops switching it to the 50%/25% Solution will do the best job.

oh and Meli forgot one thing^^

sending less units leaves in less points for the ranking BUT because of closing more boxes and making more missions with the troops this is not so important i think^^ (and look at the ranking the ranking thinks that too^^)

zutetrezut

Erinys
Hello
So I tried the "meli method" : of course the problem of the number of troops is solved :)

But I have just read again (in my native language to be sure) the text explaining the game : it insists on the selection of the units and the ratio, and speaks of the maximum number of units to be sent ... it is true that nothing forbids to not send the maximum, but nobody thinks about it !

-----

results of the last days (only with max chance)
box 25 : 6 failed – 7 ok
box 26 : 7 failed – 7 ok
box 27 : 5 failed – 5 ok

so a real 50%
Is there a relation between my "normal" luck now and the fact that I don't send all units required ?
I can't complain, but I don't understand.
@AnWeRe : in the first event I failed 17 times ! I'm the guy the most unlucky, I deserves a medal !

… and thanks to give us more informations about troops required, but we didn't need it. Nobody asks for all the solutions (and we had found ourselves), we only want equal chances.

@ meli
Since you have rebalanced things, my companions will not move ;)

----------

But I continue to defend lorenzou (and others indignant)
1. I find the "military" reaction of my players quite appropriate ... boring, but funny !
They simply used the weapons that the game offers.
Grepolis asks us to play and at the same time to test ... not only to test (if it is, keep a closed world and do tests between you)
Moreover, my players are fair play and the "fight" on equal terms with the other players in the top 10 (they aren't all in our alliance) isn't a problem ... it's injustice that warms the spirits.

2. It is normal that they are angry :
- you use(d) your privileged position of GPC (more knowledge about the game)
- you're selfish using sandbox8 only to test (thinking of your live world) while it's our main world
- you announce proudly since the 2nd day that you will be 1st (if it isn't arrogance ...) which is not due only to your merit but to the first open boxes with gold
- from the beginning they know they can't have the 1st reward
.... there is better to motivate people !

But I know I will not convince you with arguments ... it's only a matter of ethics ...

meli

Medusa
@zutetrezut I didnt had more information about this event as you. I test this event and i use many strategies in the beginning. I calculate a lot and now i know the game mechanics for this event ;)

InnoGames didnt share any information about mechanics from this event with the gpc. I only test more than you ^^

DeletedUser4186

- you use(d) your privileged position of GPC (more knowledge about the game)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to canditate for Term 3, than you will see or "learn" that GPC is not getting more knocklegde about game and events, but simple a lot of "work" without being paid for it is.^^
But it would be a goodsuggestion for us. "Inno please give only GPC more Knocklegde of how Events work, to get an advantage for us as "payment""

- from the beginning they know they can't have the 1st reward

i think lourenzo didn´t know that, because he said he can beat meli anytime without spending gold.

but i have one really important question to you.

you said you have 17 failed missions. Do you mean 24 tries for a box OR 17 misses in a row?

if you mean in a row than yes you should get a medal for this or better free gold to play from inno^^

Pandora Box in app...... according to update released yesterday..

P0vo5Yv5Qzm5fm9UkCt1ew.png

1st Once again an event was included in app far too late almost on event end.... and even if this is not for beta servers but for normal servers, again there is no time to make any testings!!!!!!

2nd as per app description " you can gather event units by performing certain in-game actions in the app"
but I have a feeling that you were already gathering troops as in previous days when I was logging in the browser version I had all 10 slots for troops volunteer full and I had not used browser.... so I assume already had this option....

3rd it would had been even better if there was access to pandora from app too like with all fortune wheel events....

DeletedUser4186

i agree with the 3. point from Galanoulis

especially when its hot like now, its not good "MUST STAYING IN FRONT OF THE PC"

perhaps its to difficult to make this event playable on App, but than i would recommend to make a other event in that period which need less time effort

DeletedUser4186

What about using the Handybrowser?

using handybrowser although there is an APP seems really strange do me. And event on app have usually bigger buttons and so on. If i would start Grepo on handybrowser the navigation to a event and sending troops to a mission would be EXTREME bad for me.

The alternative is imo quit simple. Two options:

1. making that event playable on APP

and if this doesn´t is an optione because to difficult or something like that than

2. Think of the summer, the heat and so on and start an other Eventtype, who is playable an APP or doesn´t need the same time effort like Pandorra, f.e. trial for slingers which can be played with 3 minutes each day and DONE^^