zutetrezut

Erinys
1. choose his box would be fine: in agreement with Mim
we get tired a lot for things that don't interest us
but it is normal that the news (box 10, 20, ...), for 4 weeks, are blocked

2. It seems impossible to do the 40 box, but we doesn't know what others are doing.
I wish we could see show "where" they are : a general ranking ?

3. my personal statistics (if it can be useful)
box 18 : I spent a "normal" day (working a little and sleeping a little)
15 attempts (8 failed), always with the maximum bonus (I even ask if it has any utility, since now the maximum bonus is around 50)

box 19: a day too
13 attempts (6 failed)

today : 2 boxes (the 5 hours frozen were while I was sleeping)
box 20: 12 attempts (5 failed) - 8 hours, 20:00 - > 04:00
the 21 : not finished

generally
- open a box is too long
- killing so many troops without result is depressing (I had a serie of 6 failed) and we spend too much time rebuilding (on SB5 we finished the wonders, we have nothing else to do, thankfully ... but it is normally a complement game)
- when you send the right things, your morale should go up more

-FFE-laHQ_eVz6-qsLoMvw.png

it's long... moral is low...
oea5M1WFReKfNFz9XMczdQ.png

and I'm sure I killed a lot of troops for nothing

I'm always amoung the 6 first, but except our golder (lol, he doesn't have 10,000 more points), there are never little players... usually "small games" are more egalitarian.

a-tla-s

Pegasus
I am sorry I won't go into details, but I have to say I totally disliked that event. Absolutely. I messes with my cities and as I don't use a lot archers + hoplites, it's getting really annoying.. I am tempted to stop doing it altogether..
smiley_emoticons_oh-no2.gif

Merignac

Centaur
as I only joined 2 days ago it takes a very long time to close a box for not big enough rewards in the shop. Troop loss is too big, as I can either do bandit camp or event, but not both due to the amount of troops needed. Players in BP will struggle with this. New players to grep will struggle with this as the hints are not very clear and at times confusing, even to longtime players

By the way and to let you know, which is really stupid to handle and not only in this event.

If you click the scroll bar, in this case the window with the several boxes, it always jumps right to the end and not just one page on. It should be adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
If it was not for the screenshot, I would had thought it was a joke.....
1305 troops????
1:40:57 the minimum time????

This is definitely a joke!!!! Let me check my calendar to see if we are in November or in April.....

And you still have 11 more boxes???

At least does it pay out good amount of powder and points or it is the same as if you were on box 10??

Well looks nice concept....
Nice scenario.....
But by far too expensive event in resources...... and you are wondering if the daily gifts (apart from the gold) or the gifts from boxes worth all those troops....
I assume only people with more than 150 towns (not to say 200) might be able to complete the event (all boxes) and only if they are 24x7 logged in and go for a sleep only during waiting time for next pandoras box to open...
And meanwhile have no hostile actions (i.e. been attacked...)

Also I really liked the ranking where top 3 players are visible..... but still none has accepted my "application" so as I change group!!!

buffysara

Athena
43 Powder and 249 Points

From box 22, the troops are always rising by 5%.
I do not know if there will be another change.
I always paid for the 5 hour wait.
Otherwise, no gold is used.
I was not there for 5 days and could not serve the event. But even with these 5 days, I would not come to the end.
I already need more than one day per box.
Ich brauche jetzt mehr als einen Tag pro Box.

Last edited:
With gold or not , killing 1371 troops for a minimum of 7 times and also having ensured that you have the right combination in order to get the max of the unit bonus (which keeps decreasing) does not balance with the given rewards.... i.e. and extra cultural level.... or a small attack bonus..... as it would be cheaper to either get that extra level from city festivals or spare couple more villages on an attack to balance the missed extra attack bonus (i.e. send 20 attacks without the bonus instead of 15 with bonus)

So even if someone spends gold coins to shorten time periods he will then still have to spend loads of troops for something that he can get much cheaper.....

I feel as if there are too many variable constants in the equation ...... (mission bonus, unit bonus, unit combination, number of troops per mission, mission time)

Also a question would be if the troops amount per mission is fixed or according to the size of the account/player... i.e. on the above mission screenshot, me with 300 towns do I have to send same amount of troops as a player with 30 or 50 towns??? because if this is true, then this small player has no chance....

nQuLZr2JRTO7xKePAEXdFg.png

As I noticed the gold required to open the box sooner so as to get a new hunting round is 100 gold regardless the remaining time.....
Wouldn't it be better and make more sense if this was variable in accordance to the remaining time??
i.e. why need to pay the same amount of gold to save 4 hours of waiting or for 1 hour???
Variable cost also might had been a good motivation to buy the remaining time....

DeletedUser

The event has only one purpose, troop destruction so you can not conquer.
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

This fills the legacy of "The Envoy", one is finally away from this conquest.
smiley_emoticons_neutral_new.gif

regards
Geisti

zutetrezut

Erinys
congratulations buffysara: box 30, I admire your perseverance
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

I stopped box 25 (needed 2 days and 20 attempts with the better bonus) ... I was tired of killing my own troops, I prefer to play.

But the new gifts are very well.

But on these one, the message was not very clear (or because of my defective English, I didn't understand)
These spells are active on all cities at the same time (the message doesn't say it)
zr3KIhvnRbS9jvVsWeotAA.png
ULfGq78DTA6wnw54T06EYA.png

But on these one, the message was not very clear (or because of my defective English, I didn't understand)
These spells are active on all cities at the same time (the message doesn't say it)

Only the ritual are active on all cities; not the spells. During the selected ritual is activ you have to do a spell to one of your cities like "Call of the Ocean" for the Nereids and "Population Growth" for the other and than you can in this cities recruit or construct units and ships with lower price and time.

Last edited:
When the rituals were introduced into the game, their descriptions were not perfect either, but much better than they are now.

Old:

igtnyscvg50.jpg

New:

puvmppjzl54.jpg

A lot of valuable information has vanished, concerning God and handling of the ritual. The new descriptions don´t even mention that the respective spells must be cast to make the ritual work. New players must be at a loss when stumbling across those effects for the first time, and even experienced players seem to be confused about how to handle the old rituals now re-introduced in this event.

Why have those descriptions been changed?

Merignac

Centaur
This was announced a while back, in update 2.149
  • Please be aware that Ritual effects have been reworked previously, with version 2.148. The following information was unfortunately missing in the changelog:
    • All ritual spells had the target city changed from one specific city to all player cities to avoid inconveniences in case a wrong city was selected while casting the respective spell.
    • Texts for all rituals were adjusted in order to explain their functionality as well as the details of the effect.

I know what was announced and when it was announced. This is my feedback regarding the text changes, since the explanations regarding functionality and details have not been improved but mutilated. And I came across the text changes during the event, that´s why I post it here.

Now new players must know the Gods and their spells by heart to find out whether they have enough favour with the "right" God before activating a ritual (since the God is not mentioned in the text any more), and the rest of the text is even more cryptic than before. New players, but also some of the more experienced ones are confused by the new texts and handling.

When the rituals were introduced into the game there were so many questions and misunderstandings regarding their handling, that I wrote an explanatory summary regarding the rituals in the German forums in November 2014. Since then I have been receiving lots of additional questions whenever rituals showed up in events, but never so many as during this event, since quite a lot of players seem to have become uncertain again about their handling due to the text changes, while they immediately remembered what they had to do when I showed them the old texts and descriptions.

No improvement at all, sorry.