Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please share here you feedback about the new game mode announced here. We're really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Last edited:

Lord Frust

Cyclop
Athena temple can be easier defended by mythical units than like a Zeus temple. But the temple buffs are similar. Temple buffs could be used to balance the defence power for mythical units.
Will the temples (neutral cities) have walls and can we use catapults or rebuild the wall?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Athena temple can be easier defended by mythical units than like a Zeus temple. But the temple buffs are similar. Temple buffs could be used to balance the defence power for mythical units.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Will the temples (neutral cities) have walls and can we use catapults or rebuild the wall?
Temples will have the wall at level 0.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Does this means, that it is possible, that I can't conquer Olympus because of too many temples, I have?
No, you can have at the same time a maximum of 5 small temples, 2 large and 1 Olympus (the only one).

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Just to be clear, we're in an early phase of the development, all numbers and values will be monitored and we're absolutely in time to make any changes if we see something is not working as intended... or leave them as they are if we like them :p

That's the best moment to share feedback :D

Finrod Felagund

Divine Envoy
Hello,

"If there are any movements towards Olympus when Olympus becomes shielded, the troops will instantly teleport back. "

Is this sentence related to "After Olympus has been conquered by an Alliance, it cannot be attacked by another Alliance for 24 hours. " ?
Or are there other ways to shield Olympus?

The sentence is related to the situation directly after Olympus has been conquered.

"Any movements", however, seems to imply that also support on its way to Olympus would be teleported back home, not only attacks, and I don´t understand why the alliance should not be allowed to support Olympus during that 24 hour period after their conquest. I guess that sentence should be revised and should read "any attack movements".

Finrod Felagund

Divine Envoy
I was rereading the annoucment and I missed something the first time :D

Disclaimer: This world will be only accessible on mobile once we release app version 2.209.

:eek:: can you confirm this world won't be playable by web browser? I ask confirmation because it seems like a major limitation for a game like Grepolis... (like making the game unplayable, not technically but practicaly, this is only my opinion of course).

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I was rereading the annoucment and I missed something the first time :D

Disclaimer: This world will be only accessible on mobile once we release app version 2.209.

:eek:: can you confirm this world won't be playable by web browser? I ask confirmation because it seems like a major limitation for a game like Grepolis... (like making the game unplayable, not technically but practicaly, this is only my opinion of course).
The world is clearly available via desktop, the only restriction is that if you want to play it with your mobile, you need to update it to version 2.209 (when it will be released).

For the other questions, I'm collecting them to give you a proper answer as soon as I'll have more info myself, feel free to keep asking even if you don't get an immediate reply :)

buffysara

Athena
Curse of Olympus

• Olympus periodically kills 5% of defending units within its walls. This does not include neutral units.
  • The curse effect is cast at random.
once a day, once an our or what

Curse of Olympus

• Olympus periodically kills 5% of defending units within its walls. This does not include neutral units.
  • The curse effect is cast at random.
once a day, once an our or what
The Idea from Sep, 13, 2019 was:
Effect: 5% of the units stationed in Olympus are destroyed every hour.The exact moment when units are destroyed is randomized, it can happen anytime within the hour. This happens once every hour. This power is permanent.
@Arci Could you confirm this and revise the announcement for this detailed information?

Olympus periodically kills 5% of defending units within its walls. This does not include neutral units.

"within its walls": As far as I can remember, the temples and Olympus are supposed to have no walls, therefore this sentence might be misleading. It also implies that only land units are affected by the curse, while in a former DevBlog article the curse was described as affecting all stationed units.

At the moment I cannot see how any alliance could (re)produce enough defensive units to hold five small, two large temples and Olympus, given the fact that there are no walls (and additional losses due to the curse in Olympus), and at the same time (re)produce enough offensive units to conquer Olympus at least three times (or even conquer temples/Olympus from another alliance). Additionally, almost all (small) temple buffs relating to units are attack bonusses.

Even if you think it possible that all alliances holding Olympus have portal temples of their own and will send their main defense only when lots of attack movements are coming in, their defense units (once withdrawn again) will have to take the long way home and will not be available for the next wave of attacks coming from an alliance holding a portal temple as well.

I must admit that I really dislike the idea to introduce a new endgame featuring so many NPC elements, especially as it will bring all normal game play (PvP) to a halt. Of course it is interesting to see a new concept developed and being tested, but I have been with Grepolis for so many years because it is a PvP game. I even hated the Artemisia event, although then you had only to use offensive units to conquer those NPC cities, while now also defensive units will have to be involved, and the alliance using the most gold for instant troop rebuilding will win.

The troop numbers are not displayed completely in the temple info screen (Windows 10: 100%/FF 100%):

2020-03-09 12_56_59-Window.png

It´s 22500 swordsmen and archers, and 12000 hoplites.