Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Feel free to share your feedbacks about this edition of the event here :)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Indeed, it got maximum priority and I think the fix is almost ready. If the fix can be applied server side the event may be available even tomorrow morning, but if it needs an entire app update it may take longer unfortunately.

DeletedUser4511

Has the Wiki page been updated since the 2018 Nature's Wheel of Time event? I clicked on the link in order to find out more about the event for when it is brought out on EN, and it still names Ajax as the exclusive hero to be won in the event. (I had to join a new world as I must have ghosted on my old beta world, so the event hasn't appeared yet. I have managed to find the new hero though, through looking in the hero collection window.)

EDIT:
I'm pleased that the developers have paid attention to the mythology when choosing and designing this hero.
  • Philoctetes exists in Greek mythology, unlike Urephon/Ylestres/Rekonos/Christopholus/etc.
  • Philoctetes was a hero, unlike Eurybia (titan-age deity) and Deimos (god of terror and more of a personification of terror than an actual character).
  • Philoctetes was an archer in the mythology, meaning his bonus is relevant to his myths, unlike Medea/Aristotle/Daidalos/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yeah, the wiki page was updated and the hero name removed, but apparently not from one spot. Good call, it has now been removed on that sentence as well :)

The wiki page is meant to be general as the only difference now between new editions should be just the hero and not the event mechanics in general.

DeletedUser4511

@Arci:
Thanks for the information. It was in the picture as well as the sentence, with no mention of the new hero, which is what initially confused me.

There have been a few cases of events having their mechanics or statistics changed noticeably between editions, such as Pandora's Box (2017-2018) and Trial of the Slingers (2018-2019), hence why I was attempting to find any differences.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Yep, the previous practice was to create a new page everytime to cover the new balancing and small changes, but now that the events are quite stable we switched to use the same page for each future event edition... and as you spotted some details may still be outdated.

Feel free to let us know if/when you find more so we can fix them, we really appreciate! :D