Proposal for the two buttons is awsome as it will not only make things easier but also people that get in grepolis for first time will be able to join an alliance (were a friend has invited them) much much easier and will save time from sending pm, screenshots or even phone calls!!!

I would also propose that if someone with rights to recruit people in an alliance sends someone an invitation to get in game from the invite friends option

l99VP5j.png

then this new player should automatically join alliance and there should be no need to send an invitation to alliance seperately (provided that there is a free player slot).

Also in criteria for alliance recruiting, apart from the option of minimum points, it would also be nice to also have an option to set recruiting in specific ocean.

As for the question of extra tools, checking user on an external stats site is also helpful in order to check on his "CV"

The "open" setting might be useful to some alliance and to others not regarding on the action plan they have.
Personally in any alliance I was in, recruiting of someone that you do not know always needed some time to get grepolis CV / in-game experience, ensure he has understood game rules and other criteria set by alliance council.

But definitely the alliance state status will be helpful and has the 3 required option.

Also grabbing the opportunity, I would like to say that the option to invite a whole alliance needs some more enhancement.
i.e. Once the invitation is accepted, then all members should migrate to the new alliance at once and system not send an individual invitation to everyone. (I have seen cases players not joining the new alliance just because they do not know or understand on how to abandon the old one!!!!

Also it would be really nice to also have customized welcome pm send to all new members joining an alliance, same way it was in Tribal wars some years ago when I was there...

Hope feedback was helpful.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2458

Firstly, what is your goal? Do you want to get a player to some ally or do you want to get him into ally which can exist longer time than week (so player can exist longer time too)?

Leaders can be divided into two parts/types.
a) leaders of MRA - they accept everybody who just write them "pls can u invite me?"... but these ally are not able to hold their positions and are eliminated very quick.
b) leaders of other allys - if somebody apply, they want to know something about him. Applying, being in an alliance is social element of the game and the pre-set application is not that is appreciated by any leader. It is usually considered like laziness... like he is not really interested... he just want to be hidden in some ally. And it doesn't reveal that who applies. Nothing about his experience, way of playing, manners, temperament... these things and others are always evaluated. I mean 'job interview'. :D So, it is not fast everytime, no direct way, not only one PM and then inviting new member.

Back to my opening questions...
Do you want to get a player to some ally? If yes, current state is good and no changes are needed. Maybe only add 'Open join' option.
Do you want to get get him into ally which can exist longer time than week (so player can exist longer time too)? If yes, players should be taught how to correctly apply. Because applying via ally finder is unnecessary step... player is asked for next information about himself (which he could write in his first message) afterwards or he is ignored + cases where displaying of ally in finder is disabled by leader, so player has absolutely no chance to join in direct way. I suggest maybe some form which can be filled in by applying player... gather most often asked questions by leaders, put them into the form... but it is just quick idea, I didn't think about it so much.

About external tools
Game statistics are most important information. If it doesn't seem he is perspective player (city and fight points gains) we decline him immediately. There is nothing special to say I think.

That's my view. However I think I just wrote what you have already known. :(

I absolutely agree. I have been hating the standard texts provided by the alliance finder since they were implemented into the game, and I have been commenting on their negative side effects ever after (also in the BFG section of this forum). Players must only be able to press one button to apply, and players new to the game will never know why they will not be accepted into a decent alliance after doing so.

From our perspective the players’ effort is way to high to join an alliance.

Pardon me? Your standard application texts are an undescribable nuisance for all founders and leaders - and are killing (or at least hampering) all communication between the players applying and the players deciding their acceptance. If you wish to help new players in finding a decent aliance, you should remove those standard text and give them hints and recommendations for a proper application instead.

This game is all about communication, and I will never accept players not able and willing to communicate properly.

When I started playing in 2011, I received several alliance invitations without prior contact, and I ignored them all. None of the alliances concerned survived the first three months of the server, while the team I finally joined after a long and friendly communication with their founder stayed sound and stable till the end of the world almost three (!) years later.

You should encourage both leaders and applying players to communicate properly before a decision is made, and remove all automatisms from this process. Auto-acceptance? You would not really like being part of an alliance auto-accepting you because their leaders are too lazy even to communicate with you prior to an invitation - and you would not like to accept players too lazy or too indifferent to apply and/or to ask questions and show interest in your plans and in their future team members.

Awful idea, and a further step in the wrong direction.

DeletedUser2458

Hell yeah Draba, you wrote it totally nice and clear.

DeletedUser

Comunication with newcomers is undesirable..
smiley_emoticons_motz.gif

regards
Geisti

DeletedUser

Many thanks for your feedback so far. Very constructive and helpful. I will have a first talk with the corresponding game designer tomorrow about your thoughts.
Bo

DeletedUser3457

This is awesome !
Maybe it would be better with other requirements : like which awards the player has (for example : they can demand that the player has "determined expansionist" before he become a member)