Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.265.

The deployment of version 2.265 started on Monday, May 30, and will be complete tomorrow. At least that´s what we can guess from the in-game version number, because we no longer get this information here in the forum. Why?

The start of the deployment was not announced, the content of the daily updates was not announced, and today, on June 9, a weird mixture of information (which indeed would have been "relevant for beta-testing" directly after it was implemented - not almost 2 weeks later) just seems to have fallen from Hamburg´s unpredictable sky. Or, as the announcements says: "a list of the changes and bug fixes that have been gradually deployed on beta for this version in the last couple of weeks". You can´t be serious... :angry:

Please understand that it is essential to have the information about the daily updates in the forum as soon as their content is in the game. We are here to check whether the bug fixes are complete and work correctly (because sometimes they don´t^^), we are here to find new bugs triggered by new features or bug fixes, we are here to provide feedback regarding new content or solutions - when there is still enough time to revise them or improve them before they go live. Otherwise the Beta environment would lose its purpose, and the community its motivation.

I have been frustrated with all those months of almost complete lack of any information in the Beta forum, and although I am grateful that now at least some kind of information is being provided again, I must admit that it is still frustrating to get it so late and so disjointed from the respective daily update(s). Years ago, the updates/changelogs on Beta were provided in the same way as they are on the live worlds, only two weeks earlier. You want to go back to that old process? No problem. However, as long as you are bothering us with daily updates, sometimes even more than one per day, you must also provide daily updates regarding their content.

---

I also still don´t know what "user story improvements" are supposed to be...
You tell us what changes you made - but we tell you in our feedback whether we think that those changes are improvements... 8-)

It would be nice to have a clear distinction between bug fixes and changes in the changelog (as it was before) and also a clear distinction between changes/bug fixes concerning the browser version and those only relevant for the hybrid app.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you for your feedback @Draba Aspera.

At the current state, that's the best timing we can offer to make sure the list is reliable and complete, to announce the changelog when the development sprint is complete.

Could you please explain why the content of the daily updates is no longer communicated and available in the forum? What has changed?

I was not a fan of those daily updates when they were introduced (as you might remember^^) - but in retrospective, deploying a new version in small steps made it easier to understand what change caused what bug (and when) and how things were interconnected.

You are now leaving us with the nuisance of daily updates (and they are a nuisance) but without any information to "sweeten" them, and I for my part think that´s inacceptable. When there are daily updates there also must be (almost) daily information. There cannot be one without the other. Who has the time and motivation to play some sort of hidden object game atop of Grepolis, searching for changes and bugs brought into the game in the course of two weeks, while the team is "sitting" on relevant information unwilling to pass it on to the Beta community - because it is not yet complete? Really? (When did incomplete changelogs ever bother anyone in Hamburg? I have seen all ups and downs of the last 11 years, don´t make me laugh...^^)

We must get as much information as possible as soon as a "daily update" is in the game. As an alternative, you could give up those daily updates again and implement the complete new version at the end of the development sprint instead. We have had that for years, and it worked - as long as there were enough supporters/mods available and present for that bi-weekly showdown...^^

Years ago, the updates/changelogs on Beta were provided in the same way as they are on the live worlds, only two weeks earlier. You want to go back to that old process? No problem. However, as long as you are bothering us with daily updates, sometimes even more than one per day, you must also provide daily updates regarding their content.

As long as that now seemingly endless communication and information issue is not resolved, I will not enter any new Beta world - it would be pointless.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I was not a fan of those daily updates when they were introduced
Like pretty much everything when it gets introduced, the first reaction is always that you're "not a fan" :D

Let's take the most out of this way of announcing changelogs, the information is a bit delayed than in the past but it's much more complete and reliable, plus there's still time before it goes live.

I think it's much better than what we had in the last period anyway :)

Geisti

Griffin
I think it's much better than what we had in the last period anyway :)
You wouldn't believe that yourself Arci..you have completely stopped the communication with the beta players here..Information about possible changes in the game has not been available here for a long time..You were always looking here... which changes were made again..at some point it's over..I know it was a tool that only causes problems in beta..and I put on my pants with a crane..

regards
Geisti