Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.193.

May I ask for the reason of this part:
Thanks to a new bright highlight, in the premium commands overview, attacks are now easier to notice. (Live already on 2.192)
As well known, I played Grepolis for a couple of years and I have had never a problem to identify attacks. What is the equivalent to this?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
That update didn't take too much development effort as the highlight was already working in the Gold Exchange window (but in blue), so it was identified as something nice to have in addition :)

That update didn't take too much development effort as the highlight was already working in the Gold Exchange window (but in blue), so it was identified as something nice to have in addition :)

You can´t be serious. Who exactly identified it as "something nice to have" and what was wrong with the normal attack symbol? Did anybody notice that there are also "friendly attacks", e.g. when allies and alliance members attack a CS in your city?

---

Highlights in different colours (chosen by the players and at the players´ discretion) could be useful if offered as an option. You could edit the troop movements and mark attacks with CS travel time, you could mark the first incoming enemy support, the first (friendly) attack after the landing, etc. There might be people who like to use colours to visualize and analyse complex situations in a command overview crammed with many hostile and friendly troop movements on more than one city.

But what is the point when every incoming attack is highlighted in red by the system? I don´t want every incoming attack marked red, and I don´t want every incoming support marked green (please don´t!^^), since there are friendly and hostile attacks as well as friendly and hostile support movements. As it is, I can only ask where I can turn off this new "feature" - it´s not only unnecessary, it is even confusing.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Nah, I think incoming supports should be blue :p

To be honest I don't see this update that harmful, but well, it's fine to have different opinions. I'll forward your feedback :)

Btw, is there any reason why outgoing land attacks are highlighted in red as well, while outgoing sea attacks are not? And why are outgoing attacks highlighted in red in the first place?

pstrifhtq36.jpg

Makes it even more confusing...

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
That is much different, and it is indeed a bug.
Devs have already been informed but I think you already know it since it was posted this morning on the German forum. :)

(a bigger screenshot would have been better anyway, as the arrow of the first attack is not visible)

No, it was posted here and in the German forum at the same time (12:47h and 12:48h), and German CoMa Gaius Iulius Caesar informed us at 13:35h that this behaviour was not intended. I would not have asked here if I had already known that it was a bug.

(a bigger screenshot would have been better anyway, as the arrow of the first attack is not visible)

That´s why I mentioned that both attacks were outgoing attacks.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I know you mentioned outgoing, but also having a meaningful screenshot makes things quicker, especially when it gets on tricky situations (not really this one, but this is a general advice for the future).