Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.229.

NIce, thank you for the name of the attacker!

attack sreen.JPG

Shuri2060

Cyclop
The alarm features are very nice.

Could I also suggest an option not to get a notification when attacking yourself. And a 'test alarm' button in settings (both browser and app) as a substitute. Then you don't need to have it going off when sniping or dodging, but still can test alarm.

• It is now possible to filter your towns in the Gods overview by selecting one more Gods from the bottom panel.

really nice.
But can another filter be added so as we can also filter towns with no god?

• It is now possible to pause attack notification on a set time, from the game settings!

Does this mean that the spam filter of the 12 attacks in 60 seconds has been removed??

Shuri2060

Cyclop
Can we consider delaying the app attack notification by 30 seconds in addition to the recent changes.

After the 1st attack, any attacks from the same city to the same city for the next 30 seconds are counted together and pushed into 1 notification: 'city_name is being attacked by player_name (X times).'

After the notification is pushed, the counter is reset. Then the next attack is treated as the 1st attack for the next notification and the timer starts again.

=========

In this way, we avoid notification spam when being timed on. This is likely going to be an even bigger issue than before with Sirens --- I wouldn't be surprised at 1000+ pings every 10 mins while being OPed on.

malgai

Hera
Can we consider delaying the app attack notification by 30 seconds in addition to the recent changes.

After the 1st attack, any attacks from the same city to the same city for the next 30 seconds are counted together and pushed into 1 notification: 'city_name is being attacked by player_name (X times).'

After the notification is pushed, the counter is reset. Then the next attack is treated as the 1st attack for the next notification and the timer starts again.

=========

In this way, we avoid notification spam when being timed on. This is likely going to be an even bigger issue than before with Sirens --- I wouldn't be surprised at 1000+ pings every 10 mins while being OPed on.

This is not a good idea in my opinion.
The problem I can see here is, that you might log in to see when the attack arrives and if you are in a hurry or can't really pay much attention to Grepolis, you close Grepolis a few seconds afterwards and you think everything is fine for the next few hours. But in fact, the othe player sent another attack a moment after you close Grepolis and when this is within the 30 seconds, you don't get notified for this attack.

Of course, that wouldn't happen too often, but it would happen. And then players get mad because they think the app doesn't work.

When you know that you are spammed at the moment, you can turn off the sound of your device for this moment. If you are spammed throughout the whole day, you will still get notifications every 30 seconds, which isn't much better to be honest.

So in my opinion, your idea won't help reduce the spam, but may cause some players not getting important attack notifications.

Shuri2060

Cyclop
This is not a good idea in my opinion.
The problem I can see here is, that you might log in to see when the attack arrives and if you are in a hurry or can't really pay much attention to Grepolis, you close Grepolis a few seconds afterwards and you think everything is fine for the next few hours. But in fact, the othe player sent another attack a moment after you close Grepolis and when this is within the 30 seconds, you don't get notified for this attack.

Of course, that wouldn't happen too often, but it would happen. And then players get mad because they think the app doesn't work.

When you know that you are spammed at the moment, you can turn off the sound of your device for this moment. If you are spammed throughout the whole day, you will still get notifications every 30 seconds, which isn't much better to be honest.

So in my opinion, your idea won't help reduce the spam, but may cause some players not getting important attack notifications.

I may have miswritten something, but no, my suggestion is intended to be designed so there's no way alarms would be missed still.

I don't see how what you've said would happen. You receive notifications on the cumulated attacks over the 30 seconds at the end of it, of course, not at the start, otherwise there's no way for the game to cumulate them.

Note that I don't suggest the app to ignore cancelled attacks within those 30 seconds... they are still cumulated. Even if you get 5 cancelled pings in 30 seconds, you will get a notification saying you've been attacked 5 times 30 seconds after the 1st ping. And as I've currently suggested, the cumulation is only specifically for same city vs same city attacks. Perhaps it'd be more practical to cumulate attacks from the same player, or even all players, but in any case, I don't see how missed alarms can happen due to this.