Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We know the number of active player is not as big as the live markets, but this is intended as not everyone likes or can understand playing in a beta environment, with the risk of having more bugs than it should.
The players around here are not a lot, that's true and clear, but the overall number is pretty stable, I know some of you are worried about that.

Please, note that this game is almost 9 year old, hence a player decay isn't really surprising :)

If you think there may be something to keep the players interested in playing on beta and reporting bugs, we'd love to hear your suggestions!But please, be as more constructive as possible. Fingerpointing and blaming everyone is not considered constructive, hence every post considered pointless may end in a temporary ban for the player.

If you do really care about this community, this is the best moment to show it. We care about your opinion, if exposed in a polite manner.

DeletedUser

My suggestions..

1. He made massive publicity for the Beta Community..
  2. The error search again rewarded with 50 free Gold..Under the CM Geode got every player here..An error is reported for each player...But only if the error from the team could be repeated..
  3. Creates incentives to log in here..
  4. Makes the players the login Login here tasty..Under the motto..help us when looking for errors..It should not be your damage..Sign up for the beta..for example, you will receive 2000 Gold free..So that you can try everything here..
regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you Geisti, those are all valid ideas!

About the publicity, the beta link is always shared on the majority of the Devblog articles, but maybe it isn't just enough :p

The 50 gold reward for the valid bug reports is something I requested some time ago, but unfortunately it was at the same time of the GPC start, so it has been set aside. I'm gonna push again for this one :)

DeletedUser

About the publicity, the beta link is always shared on the majority of the Devblog articles, but maybe it isn't just enough :p

Not really sufficient for global..
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif

If you ask me there must happen anymore. For example, makes its own TV advertising film where your only emphasizes the Beta Community.
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

"Ask not what your Grepolis can do for you - ask what you can do for your Grepolis."

Quote short borrowed time..
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

The 50 gold reward for the valid bug reports is something I requested some time ago, but unfortunately it was at the same time of the GPC start, so it has been set aside. I'm gonna push again for this one :)

The there was already here, as a Geode this sleeping pill CM was here.
smilie_frech_039.gif

regards
Geisti

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
A TV spot for jonining beta is probably a bit too much, even if it would be cool :p

Thank you, @* Arci * for opening this thread :)

To creating ideas, first of all I have to understand the goals, you have with Beta. I guess that there are three different goals, one of them is the performance measurement after changing code. The second is bug hunting and the third goal looks like to earn money with the Beta market, right?
Are there any ascending order for this?
I am really sure, that your own ideas to earn money with the games are much better than every idea I could have. So, I come back to the performance tests. What do you think to offer an international 3-Month Worlds with limited accounts for a match country games and every local CMs draw limited access keys?
Last but not least the bug hunting goal. You can offer an own world with very fast speed and try to find a few players, who have fun with bug hunting. If you searched for them In game all over the local worlds, in the Forum and in the DevBlog and if you explain them later, what is they task, inform them, what was changed and ask them, to check it and ask to give feedback or bug reports in a default form.

I guess, if you split performance measurement and bug hunting, it will be much more successfully.

DeletedUser

You can also provide free gold to test the events..Here comes after completion of events the next event here. Which players are already here to test his own money. As I said, these were my suggestions on the topic, more from the state no longer occurs to me.
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

regards
Geisti

Aunt Edit:
If you really want to push ahead with the Beta, you must enter an international team to be installed. Not everyone has learned English, Some players prefer to speak in their native language.
I only thought about here according to the Arci

Last edited by a moderator:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we don't have unlimited resources... offering many different worls as you suggested @Mim le Fay would require a lot of coding, that we can't actually do.
About having team members for each supported language, @Geisti , this is another idea that would require a lot of team members, for just a few players that want to speak their native language, we cannot do that.

What we can do is something that shouldn't require coding or game changes, things like the 50 gold for each bug report are fine :)

As always, there are a few misunderstanding between us.
You have to clear the database once a quarter and start again with the next players and on the bug hunting world, there wasn’t anything to do, without a strong control from your side, that there are only bug hunters and nobody else.
In case to organize the quarterly world games there have to put in a few work from the local Community Manager, that’s right.
But it is o.k. for me, if you do not like it. Unfortunately I guess, to find a few voluntaries for Beta won’t work without spending of time and work and resources.
So we will come back to your words: there are enough of player on beta and no action is needed.
Have a nice week!

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
@Mim le Fay How can you define if a player is a "real" bug hunter or not? This may be an interesting point.
Safely reset a server every three/four months isn't a simple task, delete a database is not that easy as hitting a red button, and I'm not sure that many players would be happy to restart from 0 every 3 months.

As I said we need more simple ideas, we can't rewrite the entire process.

DeletedUser3824

This year we can experience the Domination ending ? Maybe in a new world ?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
This year we can experience the Domination ending ? Maybe in a new world ?
This is indeed one of the options, but please let me clarify that as of now Domination is nothing more than a concept.

On the development side we're only gathering the first batch of data for the Game Design, required to decide the exact numbers and thresholds. When all the design and balancing work will be done, the developemnt will start full steam on it, and it will be likely tested on beta first.

DeletedUser

I see the main problem lies in the Official language English here. Not everyone can speak English perfectly, I have spent my schooldays in the GDR. There was the Russian Language Main compartment, i can't even order a pizza in Russian.
smiley_emoticons_grin.gif

After 6 years and the russian classes at school.
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

How to solve the linguistic issue here, I don't know. I am not Moses..I can also not run over the water..I can not turn water into wine..
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Am here yourself with various Translator programs go here..

regards
Geisti

DeletedUser3649

In the past I played on a testsever from an other game. i wont tell you the name of the but I want to tell you something I have learned there. When I starteted I got everything I need Including pemium currency. I got realy anything what I want. I didn´t have to buy premium currency. I have learned The Test-server is not another gameserver ist a testing area. And that is what I miss here by grepolis.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Providing an infinite (or excessive) amount of free gold to the players has indeed a lot of pros, but too many cons.
Just a couple of examples:
  • It would break balancing tests
  • The players who are already playing for win rather than for testing purposes would be overly advantaged

DeletedUser

You can no longer here in peace for a long time test, after 2 days of Inactivity in the start-up phase you have already conquered the City here.
Because play is more important than testing here for some nations.

regards
Geisti

How can you define if a player is a "real" bug hunter or not?
Yes I can ;) I am with Grepolis for now more than 7 years. During this time, I met so many different player :)
But it is not important, wether I could do it, is it? If you or somebody else from the provider wanted to do it, you have to analyze your data. I will give you one example, no bug hunter will pay it by himself :p
Safely reset a server every three/four months isn't a simple task, delete a database is not that easy as hitting a red button, and I'm not sure that many players would be happy to restart from 0 every 3 months.
You have not to override the settings, only the world-single-city-player-alliance data and you do it every time, just before starting a new world. I really wonder, wether there is no automatically workflow for this.
As I said we need more simple ideas, we can't rewrite the entire process.
Yes, you are absolutely right. Unfortunately I earn my money with something else and have not so much time, to provide you with a concept for this, but I wish you all the best and a lot of wonderful ideas :)

DeletedUser

I am not only are active here yesterday Arci..

Your registration date: 2013/04/07..

regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
You can theorically split the players into all the category you want, that's clear, but not always you'll be able to do it in an easy way. Sorry, we can't do that for this and many other reasons. Thank you for your free suggestions then :)