Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Feel free to share here your feedback on our brand new event. Aegean Battleships!

malgai

Hera
I kind of like the event, but I can't tell much yet since it is only up for one day yet.

But when it's coming to buying more ammunition, the prices for these are rediculous. 10 ammunition is exactly one shot and 1/10 of the ammunition you can get per day. and this one single shot costs 150 gold. This seems to be a very high price for it. I mean, I have no problem with that, I like it when less people pay gold in events :D But I wonder if this is on purpose or not...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Let's play it for a few days and come back with any other additional feedback you may have :D

Nice event, but it´s a pity that there seem to be no cooldown periods or other restrictions (increasing prices etc) to the buying of ammunition and gold use in general.

You are introducing a new permanent (upgradable and stackable) attack booster that can be achieved multiple times during the event, and you offer it combined with another permanent effect, the grand land expansion, and as far as I can see so early in the event, you don´t limit how many of those powerful items can be achieved (or rather purchased) during those two event weeks.

One or more cities equipped with 300 additional population and 10% additional permanent attack power might make no great difference later in the game, but in early game and on all those new live worlds opening their gates these weeks, those permanent items will be mighty weapons in the hands of big spenders. We all know how much InnoGames loves our money, but we never had an event offering completely unrestricted gold use. Please think again.

Usually, the formula for troop reinforcements is

Base value (depending on the unit type) x world speed x level of the individual game progress x reward level

For example: When I receive a manticore troop reinforcement level 1 on zz2, that means
1 manticore (base value) x 4 (world speed) x 4 (individual game progress) x 1 (reward level) = 16 manticores

As it seems, in this event the troop reinforcement rewards are calculated without considering the individual game progress level.

For example: The "Daily Special" manticore level 1 troop inforcement on zz2 brought me
1 manticore (base value) x 4 (world speed) x 1 (reward level) = 4 manticores

Is this intended or is this a bug? We had a bug like that in event recipe books before, if I remember right.

zz2 (game speed 4):

afxioidvb91.jpg

zz13 (game speed 3):

rpqrfbyfi60.jpg

First impressions..... finally something new and nice.
Event seems to be interesting.

My only objection is (as previously mentioned) on the prices... I mean... buying ammunition to keep going.... I think they are overvalued.
150 gold for 1 shoot... or 1200 for 10 shoot... I think that is far too expensive.
I assume if prices were lower then players would be less reluctant to buy i.e. more profit for Inno....

Selectron

Minotaur
This is the 3rd time that I've played the new game. I like it, but as mentioned before, it is certain to be a mighty revenue generator. It will be costly for the addicted players with lots of gold.

The prizes are awesome, but the inventory only hold 6 artifacts. We can't play if there is no room in the inventory, so I ended up having to discard a few artifacts or stop playing.

Question: what does it mean, when I sink a ship and it says "you have to select a colony ship"? Is there an action required by us? Where are the colony ships?

Thanks. If it is intended it would cause confusion in the inventories when items showing the same level won´t offer even anywhere near the same troop numbers.

---

Some minor typos and text inconsistencies:

Event tutorial

fkgysswdy74.jpg

kznfhdcne19.jpg

"Map Pieces" or "map pieces"? "Grand Prize" or "Grand prize"?

Grepolisscore (Award descriptions)

umzlbripb65.jpg

Wrong game!^^ There are "demolition ships" in Age of Empires, but in Grepolis we have "fire ships". And outside of Grepolis the term "demolition ship" is used by ship-breaking yards looking for new work, not for the burning vessels once used in sea battles...^^

hdzuzuiuf59.jpg

a fast transport ship

zfnnrlmkw53.jpg

a transport boat

Wiki

wyqbpttpg60.jpg

(Yes, we know how important gold is, even without a capital letter...^^)

joaivozej75.jpg

those ships

hbrlgfdjo10.jpg

"Daily special" or "Daily special reward" would make it clearer

qkhatnwjs31.jpg

nxblagonu34.jpg

"For the first time in Grepolis history" should be moved to the end of the sentence (or rather be deleted - it´s not the first event offering "exclusive new rewards...^^)

No. Fire ships are "Brander" in German, while light ships are "Feuerschiffe". German players tend to mix up the English "fire ships" with the German "Feuerschiffe" because it sounds so similar - but that´s not the point here.

In the award descriptions the fire ships (Brander) are referred to as "demolition ships", and demolition ships don´t exist in Grepolis.

The award description for the light ships is correct, btw:

wiavgettz17.jpg

Last edited:
No. Fire ships are "Brander" in German, while light ships are "Feuerschiffe". German players tend to mix up the English "fire ships" with the German "Feuerschiffe" because it sounds so similar - but that´s not the point here.

In the award descriptions the fire ships (Brander) are referred to as "demolition ships", and demolition ships don´t exist in Grepolis.

The award description for the light ships is correct, btw:

Well historically speaking the funny think is that in Ancient Greece (where this game is supposed to take place) there used to be only biremes and triremes .
The so called fire ships were used many 100 hears later during Byzantium and the demolish ships were widely used a bit after 1800 AC .... (a discusion taht as far as I recall had taken place many times on the forums of the GR market were most were making fun of the ignorance of the game designers)
So I assume the translation mistake is a minor mistake against the usage of non existing "equipment" just like it happens many times in Hollywood and in the end we have people forgetting the real history!!!

I have seen such discussions in the German forum, too, especially emphasizing that "light ships" (Feuerschiffe) weren´t (and aren´t) ships carrying some incendiary weapons ("Greek fire") but perpetually berthed vessels operating as surrogate lighthouse towers to assist ships in navigation - and they are still in use today as people living in Hamburg should know very well...^^

After 10 years of Grepolis, however, we know that historical correctness is not to be expected in a game - but the terms and names used in the game should at least be consistent.

---

Ships play an important role in Grepolis. As that important role is not reflected in any of the game´s numerous quests, it´s nice to have a "naval" event at least.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3326

Can you explain where is the dayly reward? last day i did not get it , and now it's the same i finished all , and i don't have access to the dailay reward :

The daily special reward is hidden in one of the spots on the grid. Whether you get it or not doesn´t depend on whether you have sunk all ships of the current wave (or grid, or pool - all those terms are used in-game and in the in the wiki meaning the same thing), but on whether you have hit the spot (spot with or without ships) where that special reward is hidden.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thanks. If it is intended it would cause confusion in the inventories when items showing the same level won´t offer even anywhere near the same troop numbers.

I can confirm it's a bug and it will be fixed :)

I can confirm it's a bug and it will be fixed :)

According to the the changelog it is fixed by now:

[Aegean Battleships] - Unit generators didn't scale up based on each player's own progression.

Unfortunately it seems not to be fixed in-game, at least not for the "Grand prizes":

2019-09-03 15_48_26-Grepolis - 55 Earthquake 01.png

Screenshot taken on zz2, game speed 4. Should be 16 manticores for the next 2 hours instead of only 4 per hour. Obviously the game progress is still missing in the formula.

---

On the right side, for the Daily Specials, the formula has been adjusted:

2019-09-03 15_53_10-Grepolis - Acquapendente.png

but Daily Special Rewards already achieved (and all other event troop inforcements already stored in the inventories) still show the wrong numbers:

2019-09-03 15_58_16-Posteingang - michaela.beulwitz-v@siemens.com - Outlook.png

Both screenshots taken on zz13, game speed 3; and at the same time, only 10 minutes ago..

---

I´m afraid the devs will have to take another look, that bug is not yet completely resolved.