Feedback about new unit graphics

DeletedUser

Dear Players,

As a part of patch 2.98 we have implemented new unit graphics. Currently on beta you can see them in the version presented below.

units_new.png

After receiving feedback from you guys we have applied some changes to the graphics.

archer_90x90.png
swordman_90x90.png
chariot_90x90.png
catapult_90x90.png
hoplite_90x90.png
rider_90x90.png
slinger_90x90.png
divine_envoy_90x90.png

cerberus_90x90.png
minotaur_90x90.png
pegasus_90x90.png
cyclop_90x90.png
hydra_90x90.png
centaur_90x90.png
manticore_90x90.png
griffin_90x90.png
gorgon_90x90.png
erynis_90x90.png

We hope to hear your feedback on those as well.

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser2458

I like mythic and navy units. However land are simply terrible. It seems like unit graphics from strategy games published about year 2003, at least in their icon form. Their 90x90 form looks better, not so artificially. Archer... is he a Roman or Greek archer? Catapult is showed like a toy. Shield of hoplite... it is decorated like some cover for a wastebin.

As I mentioned in the feedback for 2.98 - please use new design of myth and navy units + old (which is still on live markets) for land units. This can fit into the game together.

Sorry, it is impossible to distinguish any changes and to evaluate them when neither the size and resolution nor the contents of the images are the same in both sets.

I must admit that I preferred the unit graphics I first encountered when I started playing in 2011 - not only from habit but because they were corresponding perfectly with the rest of the colouring and style of the game. I don´t understand why they have been replaced in the first place. Most of the new graphics look as if they had come straight from a comic book or an illustrated children´s book about Greek Mythology.

Btw - most of the negative feedback I have seen so far has been focusing on the new CS graphic, and that one is not even mentioned above.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3574

they are awful. theres no two ways about it.

the trouble is, they look great no doubt in large resolutions, 500x500, even as low as 300x300, or 150x150 but as soon as you reduce them to icon size they look absolutely horrendous.

and as others have said, very 2003

Screeny

Divine Envoy
The images look nice and realistic, however I surly don't like the new image for the collony ship. It now is just a small schip with a box on it. Please do something with the old image, which is mutch better.

Actually, nobody like the new graphics?
If you have a free wish and your own two designer for graphics with a lot of free time what do you ask them to make new by Grepolis?

Since none of the Inno "officials" seem to see fit to inform the Beta community accordingly, I copy & paste the information that had been published yesterday in other community forums:

Due to negative player feedback here, on Beta, and other communities, the Unit Graphics changes will not be implemented. Obviously, this doesn't mean they won't change in the future, but not in the form originally posted in this thread.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sources:

https://forum.en.grepolis.com/showt...is-is-not-good&p=972951&viewfull=1#post972951

https://forum.de.grepolis.com/showt...f-Version-2-98&p=503559&viewfull=1#post503559

https://forum.nl.grepolis.com/showthread.php?34184-Spelupdate-2-98&p=1113341&viewfull=1#post1113341

Etc...

That´s why the new graphics have been removed with today´s Beta update.