Events wiki pages

Yes, we discussed this yesterday, since also the last sentence of the (unrevised) wiki article says:

On worlds with heroes, you get, in addition to the free culture level, a new exclusive hero.

Oh yes, exactly an hour after I had asked - at 12:05h... :)

And looking at the new phrasing "Depending on a version of the event, on worlds with heroes, you might get, in addition to the free culture level, a new exclusive hero" I am getting so angry (again). Can you guess why? Is it really too much effort changing one sentence in that article once a year (and in time)?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Changing the sentence every single year might be an option, but would also be confusing if one year you read the page and shows an information, then suddenly the other year the exact same page shows a different information. Then, third year, again the same info as the first.

It's probably less confusing to add a more generic sentence, then each year you can find on the event what the reward is :)

malgai

Hera
It wouldn't be confusing at all if the wiki would be updated before the announcement of the event. As soon as it is announced people may visit the wiki page. They most likely won't look at the wiki page when the event isn't coming soon.
Another option is to add a sentence every year, for example:

Code:
Sparta vs Hades 2018:
On worlds without heroes, all players will get an entire culture level for free.
On worlds with heroes, you get the new exclusive hero Medea on top of the culture level.

Sparta vs Hades 2019:
All players will get an entire culture level for free.

P.S.: I am not sure if it was Medea in 2018 but I think so

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I really appreciate your interest in having a more clear communication as possible, you are indeed right on that as it's a core point
To be fair though, the event hasn't started yet on live markets and it is ok if something is not already up to date on beta as actually that's when the preparation of the event has started :)

However, I will forward the feedback that you'd rightfully like to get the updated information as soon as possible.

Well, the normal procedure in the Wiki (before 2018) always was

• copying last year´s event article
  • checking and revising it (changes, updated screenshots, updated rewards etc.)
  • renaming the revised version of the article (by adding the calendar year) - in time before the event starts, for example
2019-07-26 14_39_55-Sparta vs Hades - Wiki Grepolis EN.png

• Placing an in-game link to the revised and renamed article and its correct and updated information.
For the last event you only stated that the article was not revised and the information and values were not updated (replying to a bug report). How are we supposed to test on Beta without getting valid and updated info (and not only for events)?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I think we're making too much of a drama for such a minor thing, especially with this event.

It was quite clear that the hero wasn't supposed to be there as a reward (and one could always ask if unsure, we have plenty of communication channels).
The wiki has now been updated, but please don't tell me that you were unable to test the entire event without that updated sentence on the wiki article.

That said, I created a new thread since we're going quite off-topic from the bug report where these posts were in first place.

malgai

Hera
@Arci is there no exclusive hero for completing the final battleground this year? (I'm asking for Beta and for when the event is unveiled on the international/national markets.) I'm just checking, as the wiki page doesn't appear to have been updated since last year, and still shows Medea as part of the final reward for worlds with heroes.

@Arci do you see now that this sentence and not-fully-updated wiki articles in general are confusing? Additionally, the picture above this sentence makes the page look like it was not updated since last year. what kind of feeling does this give to the players? A feeling that the Grepolis team doesn't care about their game.

I do not think that we are making too much drama.

Why aren't the event wiki pages getting updated? why isn't there a new article for every version of the event like it has been all the time before 2018? Why did you stop with this? Is it too much work? I am pretty sure editing the existing article and then answering all the questions from players seems to be more time consuming than just making a new wiki article. The players get a way better overview about the events and they really KNOW that a wiki article has been updated when there is a new one for every event...

About the fact that this is "just" a beta... We are here to test. that's true. But aren't we supposed to know WHAT to test? We don't know the behavior things should do... and we should test it if it does the correct things. but how when we don't know what the correct behavior is?

We have had that wiki article issue for a year now - you should remember that we complained more than once about outdated values and other info, and in most cases it was about more than a single sentence. (e.g. https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/feedback-winter-grepolympia.4406/)

You often react as if personally offended by negative feedback even if it is constructive - that´s a pity because we are writing here to improve the situation for all forum and wiki users (and also to avoid that outdated info makes it into the wikis of other markets as well). I´m sorry that you find our feedback annoying in some cases, but would it help you or the company if we stopped giving it? And I am not only referring to events

Each year we get bombarded by numerous events, whether we want them or not, and we are aware of the fact that they are an important part of InnoGames´ monetization strategy. I think the estimated 10 to 15 minutes needed to check the texts before the start of a new event would be well invested time - but if avoidable tickets and bug reports and questions are more to your taste, I won´t interfere from now on.

we have plenty of communication channels

Well, we have less communication channels than we had a year ago. And of those remaining, the Beta forum should still be right place to address Beta issues.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I think I already told you that your request to have the wiki updated earlier has already been forwarded :)