ETA on app bug

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
As far as I know it happens only on rather old devices and closing the app should free the memory.

Some investigations have been made and also some optimization have been implemented, but having more features as possible on the app while consuming less memory as possible is quite hard to balance.

As far as I know it happens only on rather old devices and closing the app should free the memory.

That is not true as I have also seen this very issue on brand new phone brought in market in the last 4-5 months but as not all new phones have 4, 8 or more GB of RAM issue can be easily noticed on all medium category smartphones. Unless Inno wants us all to buy phones with more than 8GB RAM, in which case ought to publish a compatibility list of headsets.

Some investigations have been made and also some optimization have been implemented, but having more features as possible on the app while consuming less memory as possible is quite hard to balance.

Please allow me to disagree on this too as no new features have been implemented to the app (despite Inno CEO promise on the interview that is published on other post of forum) according to the Google Play app description for each update.
Only bug fixes.... and corrections and fixes..... but no new features (apart from Gold Exchange which does not count as it came after the given issue).

Obviously keeping a balance might be difficult, but if devs are having issues they might need to investigate a bit more or ask for consultant from their colleagues responsible for Forge Of Empires app.
Maybe a survey to collect more info would help them.

Forge Of Empires app has by far much more graphics (even movable i,e, moving items around) and despite been a bit too large in size (which make sense for the features it has) is does not seem to engage so much RAM.

And furthermore if there are certain "procedures" running in an application, for the exact same actions, then this can not justify the fact that app hangs for example two times in a row and then might work OK for 30 minutes and then might hang again ( during this whole time only action was organizing city festivals on one town after the other or sending resources from one town to the other) meaning it makes no sense once having 500 or 600 MB RAM and hang and if restart app them might utilize 200-300MB RAM and work OK for 30-40 minutes

Thanks and hope App Devs not only to find a solution soon, but also add the "features" that CEO promised on his interview!!!