Displaying server time or local time

DeletedUser23

Grepolis is a little bit different than other InnoGames' browsergames. Every player can choose to display all times and dates in his local time zone. This decreases the need to display some kind of server time, imho.

Also timing attacks is not that critical, as there is a random offset to every attack time.

What do you think, should we display some kind of server time in the lower right corner or do you prefer to show this time in your local time zone?

DeletedUser

I believe a server time it would be more useful to synchronize attacks. ;)

DeletedUser

I think that displaying the server time would actually create confusions at first.. Just display the local time..You could however display the time zone near the clock (so attacks can still be pretty easy to synchronize if players comunicate properly)

DeletedUser

I like server time, because that is what I am used to from The West.
It is good to have an easy reference time like that for allies in different time zones.

DeletedUser

Server time is a must for a game that has players from all over the world.
I know that my time is server time +7. I can't think of anything more confusing that trying to figure out my time in relation to everyone else in my alliance.

And if I need to know what my local time is, I have that in the very bottom right hand corner of my screen.

DeletedUser

Hmm... How exactly is displaying the server time going to help anyone when everything else (reports, messages, arrival times) is displayed in local time?

Displaying 2 timezones in the game is much worse because anyone who doesn't quickly get that the time displayed in the main screen isn't the time that reports, messages and arrival times are shown in will have some trouble..

Btw... Wouldn't it be much more easier for everyone to just remove the local time option and only display server time everywhere ?

DeletedUser

Hmm... How exactly is displaying the server time going to help anyone when everything else (reports, messages, arrival times) is displayed in local time?

" Betsyopolis is demanding resources in the farming village Ithgavnosna
today at 11:52 AM" That was generated a short time ago. It is now 5:10 a.m. my local time. Reports are displayed in Server time (default option).

Btw... Wouldn't it be much more easier for everyone to just remove the local time option and only display server time everywhere ?
Doesn't sound easier to me. Easier would be to just have server time displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Server time is so coordination and planning can be done no matter where in the world (or time zone) you live in. Local time is so that you know when your buildings will be completed, etc. Makes sense to me.

DeletedUser

" Betsyopolis is demanding resources in the farming village Ithgavnosna
today at 11:52 AM" That was generated a short time ago. It is now 5:10 a.m. my local time. Reports are displayed in Server time (default option).

No.. reports are diplayed in local time.. You probably didn't modify your settings. Others have or will...

Btw.. Server time is now displayed on the left side, just under the premium pictures (and it's GMT +2 -- is this right!!?).. My guess (based on your post) is that your currect setting is one hour behind server time but you didn't even noticed that..

Doesn't sound easier to me. Easier would be to just have server time displayed.

Our discussion is actually proving just the opposite...

Anyway... I maintain my opinion... Display a local time clock with GMT info so all players can make use of their basic math skills (since then all attacks will probablly be sync'ed by GMT -- actually much easier then server time).. Displaying two timezones in one game is just confuzing for some people and not a requirement (or even very helpful) for anyone..

Last edited by a moderator: