In Progress Conquest issue

Ingame Nick: Draba Aspera
Affected world: zz7

(Bug found on desktop version)
Browser: Firefox

When I wanted to send home the support alliance mates had sent to one of my sieges, I found this conquest window after I had jumped to the newly conquered city:

dhvvzwmwm71.jpg

I remembered immediately that among yesterday´s daily changes was this bug fix:

Siege - In some situations, after destroying the colo ship the text your city is being conquered didn't disappear.

Well, "in some situations" had made me smile yesterday, since I had that issue after each and every broken siege in one of my cities for almost 4 years, and there were many of them. I had first described the issue in the BFG forum in early 2014, and we have a long and and well documented thread in the German bug forum, although most of the old screenshots were lost when the forum software changed and the old bugtracker entries were lost in the transition.

https://de.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/geisterkolo.33900/

It was clear that in these "ghost conquest windows" always the player having the most support in the city was shown as "conqueror", and thus the conqueror shown there could change every few minutes, whenever the real (and unsuccessful) conqueror or his alliance mates withdrew their support. Whenever there was no support in the city, the conquest window told me that I was conquering myself.

That´s how I know that the current issue must be related to yesterday´s (failed) bugfix, since the issue shows the same mechanisms, i.e. the player having sent most of the supporting troops is shown as the "conqueror". But while the old issue could be resolved by F5, the new is more persistent.

The siege ended in the night at 1:43:29, and I can still do nothing in the city:

iatnxfkdw71.jpg

I asked my alliance mates to withdraw their support, and now - of course - I am the "conqueror":

khypghoau19.jpg

The issue cannot be resolved by any of the usual measures, I still cannot control the conquered city. As I can see from Icanseeyou´s bug report, this seems to be a general issue - but since I cannot confirm the other issues mentioned by him, and since I believe that this issue is related to the old one and a direct result of the bugfix attempted, I opened a separate thread for it. It should be fixed with priority.

If you need the town ID, please contact me.

Last edited:
Adler has just told us in the German forum that it was indeed a result of the bugfix, and the issue will be resolved with the pending daily update, Let´s hope and see...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
After the bugfix some side effects are occurring, our devs are now looking on it ;)

Thank you so much for the report!