Conquering ghost towns

DeletedUser

I was under the impression that all I needed to conquer a ghost town was a colony ship, transport ships and troops to kill any remaining defense.

But if I try to send an attack, I get this message - In order to conquer an enemy village you first need to research conquest.

Is that right? Not sure if its a bug or i am doing something wrong.

DeletedUser

For a ghost town you still need to have researched Conquest. It is for Colonies(anchor points) that you do not need Conquest.

DeletedUser

But do i have to raise my cultural level too? if ghost city im trying to conquer will be my second city? seems i cant even get to choose revolt attack or something still...

DeletedUser

Since it will be only your second city you do not need to raise your Cultural Points. Once you go for your third city you will have to have 3 Cultural Points.

DeletedUser

yes now i can understand ... but then again... why i cant conquer ghost city.... i have destroyed all its troops, i have colon. ship,i have researched conquering, i have transport boats,attack ships and so on ... but it still wont let me choose revolt or establish city option

DeletedUser

a) its not a revolt world so you don't get the option to start revolts
b) even if it was a revolt world you don't need to start a revolt on ghost towns
in both case you simple send the cs with land and naval troops

DeletedUser

Yes, as soon as you include a CS, the attack is labelled "City Takeover". Well, at least it should be, because hovering the mouse over the symbol currently gives you no info at all. But you can recognize that you've sent a conquest attack, when

a.) The city you are conquering simply disappears from the map once the CS has landed
b.) The attack symbol looks like this:
23vz5m0.png