Conquer/Siege informations

DeletedUser

I would like to know more about the conquer/siege:

After the 24-26 hour of siege, take place the battle betwen the army of attacker and the defender, and the winer side take/keep the city?
Anybody know how you can break a siege?
You can receive reinforcement from other players when you are on the siege (as a attacker or defender), before the siege end?
You can send more troops to support your siege army, before the siege end?
You can attack the city under siege, before the siege end?

Anyone who can share some information, it's welcome. :)

DeletedUser

So many answers to other threds, only here no one want to share some info. :rolleyes:

With the risk of double posted, i just found out the answer for 2 questions, and one of the answer it's really funny:

"You have just visited your own city XXXXXX city.

After a little refreshment for coffee and cake at your troops, now return home."

Guess what happend? :p

DeletedUser

Where are you getting your information? I don't see anything about sieges in the Wiki. I don't have any siege option in the menu for an enemy town, despite going through all the trouble of getting my academy to level 28 on .de, pushing my warehouse 4 levels to hold the 16k silver needed, and researching conquest. The more I play this game, the more I hate it.

Speaking of the Wiki, is someone who speaks English going to translate that? I got tired using the crappy Google translations on the German Wiki, so I checked the English one and what do I see? The same crappy Google translations.

DeletedUser

Where are you getting your information? I don't see anything about sieges in the Wiki. I don't have any siege option in the menu for an enemy town, despite going through all the trouble of getting my academy to level 28 on .de, pushing my warehouse 4 levels to hold the 16k silver needed, and researching conquest. The more I play this game, the more I hate it.

Speaking of the Wiki, is someone who speaks English going to translate that? I got tired using the crappy Google translations on the German Wiki, so I checked the English one and what do I see? The same crappy Google translations.

Its not an instant take over of the enemy town if its anything like taking a empty town space which was 21hrs ish ?

You have Democracy to research that points toward it taking some time to win/lose a city

Guess we will only know when either of us try it over on .de

DeletedUser

Its not an instant take over of the enemy town if its anything like taking a empty town space which was 21hrs ish ?

You have Democracy to research that points toward it taking some time to win/lose a city

Guess we will only know when either of us try it over on .de

The description of Democracy makes it sound like it's purely defensive, but thanks, that's next.

DeletedUser

I have 4 towns on beta.de, 2 from conquest, but i started late after the release.

The siege take place when you attack a town, with the Colony Ship (and have enough culture points to take over another city).

When the troops reach the city, the siege start and last 24 hours (26 hours if the defender have Democracy), and after that the battle take place.

What i didn't find out is some more information about what can happend when a siege take place, but two of my question receive answer when i take the second town.

You can reinforce your attacking troops, but when you try to attack the sieged town with other army (to clear the defender troops), the funny message pop up:

"You have just visited your own city XXXXXX city.

After a little refreshment for coffee and cake at your troops, now return home."

Even it wasn't my city yet ... they anticipated my victory. :D

I guess we have some "veteran" players from beta, who can bring more light in to the matter, but we will see if they like to share.

P.S. Elmyr, i use google translate a lot when i start the german beta, and i "feel your pain", it's a little "off the place", but you can get the general idea, and the effort you make, give some rewards. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So you still need a colony ship? That absolutely sucks. My original plan was colonizing instead of conquering so I went for a level 24 academy to research colony ship...then I raised by harbor to level 20...then I raised 10k of each resource to build the damn thing...then I realized you needed 170 people and was tired of focusing on that one thing and didn't feel like building farms.

I really don't see what's supposed to be fun about all this. It just feels like a chore, every bit as much as the insane amount of time required for early farming.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, if think it trough, you would see it's better in a way.

You need to plan more careful your moves, who to attack, when & how.

No more just pushers attacks & take town after the town.

Now it's harder & take longer to take a town, so you need more strategy in your actions, and more team play in the future.

After you take your first town, and have more resources & army available, you would enjoy it. ;)

DeletedUser

Would help to gather more info about this matter, if somebody whos town was sieged tells us what the can do during that 24/26 hours: build troops, receive renforcements, etc. I conquered a town of an active player, I cleaned his/her troops and at the end of the 24 hours there was no battle, since there were no other defending troops in town.

DeletedUser

Well, now I'm really puzzled. Yesterday one of my ally coleagues was asking for help since he was under conquering-seige. He was not able to do anything in the village, so building self defence during this kind of attack is impossible. I sent to the village some def troops as reenforcement. I also sent a small attack (arriving after the def troops) just to see how the troops would interact. When my attack arrived, I received 2 reports:

01.Utopia (Kosmo) is attacking your support from 01.Utopia in Suyra (Himself)
result = no losses

You are attacking a city that is occupied by morbus.: Suyra
result = my transport boat sunk with all the troops

After the seige was over, did not receive any report, but my def troops are returning home.

Now... I'm wondering: to whom I sent the reenforcement, to the attacked city or to the troops occupying it ? The same with the attack. I truly hope some admin/game developer answers this topic.

DeletedUser

Well, thanks for the attention, no replies from the big kahunas. I got all the answers by myself.

DeletedUser

Well, thanks for the attention, no replies from the big kahunas. I got all the answers by myself.

would you mind sharing the knowledge? :mad: second time someone says he knows it but doesn't explain...

DeletedUser

If you want to save a village from being conquered you must attack it during the seige.

If you want to help the conquering party, you must send support to the seiged village.