Changes in Balancing

DeletedUser

I have 2605 points !!! unlike your 201 points !!! you started playing yesterday or u are a noob ,u didnt get the point here !!!! You're coments are irrelevant !!!

come on, your flames hurt so much ... NOT

this is a beta-server, i only made my account to type into that forum here. But if you want to know my acc, just follow this Link: http://de.grepostats.com/world/de3/player/57072

There you can see i have enough gaming-experience, with my 40k points.

It's just ridiculous that you try to blame me as noob, when i try to tell you the difference between off- and def-units.

You doesn't bring any good contra to the buff, except OH NOEZ SLINGERS HURT OFFUNITS IN DEF SO MUCH, DON'T BUFF THEM.

so far, nevertheless i won't explain it to you anymore, cuz you don't wan't to learn sth about the game...

Regards,
Goli

DeletedUser

The changes have been implemented now.

We will take all ideas (especially from http://forum.beta.grepolis.net/showpost.php?p=1959&postcount=4) into consideration for the next balancing updates.

A little bit offtopic: Why do ctpdule and fisherman post with the same ip? Why do they make the same spelling mistakes?

:D

I think the horseman nerf is too much. Current game favors the defender too much as it is. Horseman can use a nerf but not at 10%. The problem with horseman is its blunt attack and the early defensive units are not well equipped against blunt attacks.

Horseman are very weak on defense. Horseman is only dangerous when it's an active player, who can keep on dodging incoming attacks to preserve his horseman and use his horseman only as an attacker. We have destroyed enemy horseman by catching them in their city, as defenders.

Some analysis has been done and horseman really is not that powerful, just hard to deal with if it's in the hands of an active player but then an active player is going to be more dangerous anyways.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=1622
^^^ some posts analyzed build time on alpha server. Horseman also cost a fortune in silver, which is the most sought after resource.

DeletedUser

The changes have been implemented now.

We will take all ideas (especially from http://forum.beta.grepolis.net/showpost.php?p=1959&postcount=4) into consideration for the next balancing updates.
yay \o

A little bit offtopic: Why do ctpdule and fisherman post with the same ip? Why do they make the same spelling mistakes?
i lol'd :)

i few more ideas from my side:

1. reduce the effect of city-wall, you have around 3x more losses between wall 25 and wall 0 (if you go with 60 horsemen against 100 swords, you lose 20 at wall 0, and you lose the fight at wall 25). it's way to hard if someone has 1500 BHP def in his poli (and is a good player) to get him, because of anti-timing-rule. You need more than 3000 BHP off-units to beat him at wall 25, even if you use only the attack of his weakest defense. Catapults are no option aswell, because you need a nearly clean base to get a high effect on bringing down his city-wall. Poseidon-stacking isn't possible aswell anymore.

2. Change the "only 1 divine spell per unit-move" please. The defender hasn't any chance to spell the enemy unit's with Hera, because the attacker is always faster at buffing them. And in the late-game you always have enough favor (at least with 1 god) to buff them.

3. Buff Hoplits attack from 16 -> 19, because there is no non-mythic unit with good pierce-attack.

4. Show researches if a spy is successful (not necessary, but better for calculating attacks or free population. Aswell you maybe don't colonize this towns with crap-researches). Another idea is to choose at spying, between normal-spy and research-spy (maybe research-spy needs 20% more silver to get through or sth. like that)

5. if you attack someone with only ground-units and trapos, the defender needs only 1 ship to kill all trapos in a sea-fight. It's a little bit annoying, if you are unlucky at anti-timing-rule and the defender times 2 biremes between your trapos or finishes 1 in that time, that you lose all the trapos is a seafight then. I would like to see a change of this.

6. let mythic units support everywhere (i know this is a problem with the thinking of letting athene-units support in hera-citys, but at the moment mythic def-units are underrated. You can also attack with mythic off-units everywhere but you are not able to move your def when you got attacked, so you have to build normal units for def to be moveable between cities).

7. Reduce swordmen distance-def from 30 -> 27.

8. Reduce earthquake to 450 favor, that you don't have to stay at the favor-limit if someone needs this. Then you can use his other spells without worriing about the need of earthquake in the next 3 hours.

9. Reduce the requirements of Olympic games, Townfestival and Theatergames to Academy lvl 29 or 28. The idea behind that is, if your building-loop is full and a zeus-bolt hits your academy this can be really annoying.

10. Higher the effect of market place above level 20 to 1000 capacity per market place up to a total of 20000 instead of 15000.

11. Reduce Light-ship building time a bit (around 10%)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still don't like the Bolt and Earthquake powers. Putting a 4 hour restriction per bolt doesn't balance gameplay. It simply prolongs the bolting.

DeletedUser

why not making the transport ship either able to transport MORE

(like 100 or 50)

or make it transport 20 UNITS, not 20 population... (so 20 cavalry, not 6)

DeletedUser

Zeus Rage is a bit unbalancing as well. What if there are multiple players you're attacking and they all decide to use zeus rage? They can all save up favor and cast Zeus Rage and essentially wipe out your troops when you go on your daily attacking run. up to 30% in each attack is a lot. And they can keep using it every few days. I find that hardly fair to the person attacking and completely unbalancing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zeus Rage is a bit unbalancing as well. What if there are multiple players you're attacking and they all decide to use zeus rage? They can all save up favor and cast Zeus Rage and essentially wipe out your troops when you go on your daily attacking run. up to 30% in each attack is a lot. And they can keep using it every few days. I find that hardly fair to the person attacking and completely unbalancing.

come on, ever tried to shoot this at a polis? you can only cast this on unit-movements moving to your city or away from your........

DeletedUser

exactly. If one player is farming another player(s) then, if the defender has zeus, he/she can cast Rage every few days and wipe out a relatively large number of troops. It hurts attackers significantly because they just keep losing large chunks of troops every few days. Just imagine if every player you were farming did this. You wouldn't have an offensive army left.

DeletedUser

I have 2605 points !!! unlike your 201 points !!! you started playing yesterday or u are a noob ,u didnt get the point here !!!! You're coments are irrelevant !!!

Manners
Please treat each other with respect and remain polite. Do not forget that there are people of different ages and with different gaming ‘know-how’. Therefore, please stay patient if questions arise that you may consider "stupid" or "childish".

Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums.

You are in full of stupid kind of player.
This player you say have more experience than you.