Changes in Balancing - Bolt Redress

DeletedUser

I believe Zeus's bolt power is a legitimate concern for the future of this game. The previous change of adding a 4 hour cool down timer for bolt and earthquake has not balanced the power at all and still leaves ample room for large alliance abuse. Nowadays, we still witness these futile bolt wars, several players in alliances getting showered with bolts left and right. As soon as a higher level building finishes its construction of 4+ hours, a bolt hits and then you need to reconstruct the level of whichever building is downgraded, which could take 4+ hours. In effect, a player would be losing countless hours upgrading the same buildings and wasting their time, energy, resources, and patience, while essentially not even growing. The 4 hour cool down offers little balance and instead, only prolongs the bolting.

I would like to urge the developers to re-evaluate the change and provide a more suitable balancing effect for bolt. I would like to propose the following options:
*From 200 Favor to 400 Favor
*24 Hour Cool Down
*Alliance Limits (50/100 Players)
*Require additional requirements to use, such as resources
*Implement consequences for bolting, such as 50% chance of damaging own buildings.
*Any combination of the above
*Complete elimination of Bolt and replace with a new power.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ermm, there is a balancing power- shield. Athena's power costs barely more than half what the bolt costs, and about 1/4 of what earthquake costs. Shield also covers for 12 hours.
If you're in an alliance it's far easier to perma shield someone than it is to keep up round the clock bolting.

DeletedUser

Ermm, there is a balancing power- shield. Athena's power costs barely more than half what the bolt costs, and about 1/4 of what earthquake costs. Shield also covers for 12 hours.
If you're in an alliance it's far easier to perma shield someone than it is to keep up round the clock bolting.

true but how would u feel if a 20+ hours building gets crushed in oh, just a second?

I think Zues' bolt should have another effect. Instead of damaging the building, it should reduce the building's effectiveness.

My idea of the bolt:
- 200 favor (no extra requirements)
- can only be used once every 12 hours
- When hitting a building, it reduces it's effectiveness by 50% for 6 hours.
- (optional) it also increases costs?

what does this mean?
1. if the building that is hit is one that produce resources (timber, temple, stone, silver), it'll have its production/hour reduced by 50%
2. If the building is barracks or harbour, it'll take 50% longer to recruit troops (optional: it'll also take 10% more resources to recruit?)
3. if the building is academy, it'll take 50% longer to research (optional: it'll also take 10% more resources to research?)
4. Warehouse --> reduce total capacity by 50% (or this might be a little too much...? and what happens if u have surplus...) not sure about this one
5. Farm --> reduce available population by 50%
6. Wall --> reduce defensive value by 50%

DeletedUser

Very nice ideas. The only people that will object to the mentioned suggestions would be noobs who only know how to bolt people and not attack them. I was bolted like crazy by AGAY MAFIA (LOL) Agenda mafia. They kept bolting me because I kept one of there leaders cleared consistently. This was awhile ago and not a single person sent am attack wave. So it proved my point only noobs use bolt to attack someone.

DeletedUser

WHEN WILL THIS BE RESOLVED????

Bolts not only are annoying because they destroy buildings, there's something really wrong about them.

People using premium to get their buildings up faster lose money. Actually, no they don't lose money, someone else "steals" it from them by destroying the building they paid to get built faster... I don't think it's normal that a game allows people to make other people lose REAL money.

That is why I think the bolt should either be removed or it's effect changed!
this has been a concern since the reset of the BETA (as far as I know), and still nothing has happened!

DeletedUser

true but how would u feel if a 20+ hours building gets crushed in oh, just a second?

I think Zues' bolt should have another effect. Instead of damaging the building, it should reduce the building's effectiveness.

My idea of the bolt:

what does this mean?
1. if the building that is hit is one that produce resources (timber, temple, stone, silver), it'll have its production/hour reduced by 50%
2. If the building is barracks or harbour, it'll take 50% longer to recruit troops (optional: it'll also take 10% more resources to recruit?)
3. if the building is academy, it'll take 50% longer to research (optional: it'll also take 10% more resources to research?)
4. Warehouse --> reduce total capacity by 50% (or this might be a little too much...? and what happens if u have surplus...) not sure about this one

so you pay for this and now your mad bec?! some one uses bolt on you
you know this is a war game why don't you go play hug grepolis in that game you hug :) lol

DeletedUser

so you pay for this and now your mad bec?! some one uses bolt on you
you know this is a war game why don't you go play hug grepolis in that game you hug :) lol

did you even get the point? i stopped paying for upgrading buildings already long ago, but there's probably people still doing it...
I know its a war game.

Now read those words again: a war game. It's not normal a player would make another player lose real money in a game. nobody loses money? you either don't use premium or you never used to to get your buildings up

If a new city has a lvl 5 farm, this means there's another 35 levels to go. If a player only uses the premium to build faster once every level, he will have used 350 gold to get the farm up faster. With every bolt that strikes it's farm, he will lose 10 gold, hence lose REAL money.

oF course my argument doesn't stand for the wall. Walls are always going to be destroyed/rebuilt, and only an idiot will use gold to build it faster, as it's the most likely to be destroyed again

A lot of players agree on the fact that bolt is also an unfair and unbalanced power to use, as it destroys faster than you can rebuild (the 4 hour cooldown for bolt is shorter than rebuilding lvl 40 farm for example..)

DeletedUser

My idea of the bolt:

what does this mean?

I have to say this sounds like a great Idea, the bolts will be way less chezzy then you having to constantly having to rebuild a whole new city..what about earthquake if thats the case then earthquake should be cheaper..becuz poisdon iz lik the most expensive everything

DeletedUser

did you even get the point? i stopped paying for upgrading buildings already long ago, but there's probably people still doing it...
I know its a war game.

Now read those words again: a war game. It's not normal a player would make another player lose real money in a game. nobody loses money? you either don't use premium or you never used to to get your buildings up

If a new city has a lvl 5 farm, this means there's another 35 levels to go. If a player only uses the premium to build faster once every level, he will have used 350 gold to get the farm up faster. With every bolt that strikes it's farm, he will lose 10 gold, hence lose REAL money.

oF course my argument doesn't stand for the wall. Walls are always going to be destroyed/rebuilt, and only an idiot will use gold to build it faster, as it's the most likely to be destroyed again

A lot of players agree on the fact that bolt is also an unfair and unbalanced power to use, as it destroys faster than you can rebuild (the 4 hour cooldown for bolt is shorter than rebuilding lvl 40 farm for example..)

i think i bolted you yesterday lol and attacked servers being reset might as well go out with a bang salute to the battle points though.

DeletedUser

i think i bolted you yesterday lol and attacked servers being reset might as well go out with a bang salute to the battle points though.

I have no specific grudge on any players who use bolt against me, I simply and politely ask them not to do it again because of the aforementionned reasons :)

DeletedUser

Wooooo, those seem a little harsh. It costs 200 favor for a bolt. Which means you can use a max of 2 bolts then wait hrs and hrs before getting more. maybe a 6hr cooldown, but 24. That's crazy. Alliances should be allowed to do it, because if they can actually get a lot of people to do it then they should be allowed. Doesn't a bolt only downgrade 1 building by 1 level. Having to wait another 24hrs for that would make it worthless. Same with all the other stuff.

DeletedUser

Wooooo, those seem a little harsh. It costs 200 favor for a bolt. Which means you can use a max of 2 bolts then wait hrs and hrs before getting more. maybe a 6hr cooldown, but 24. That's crazy. Alliances should be allowed to do it, because if they can actually get a lot of people to do it then they should be allowed. Doesn't a bolt only downgrade 1 building by 1 level. Having to wait another 24hrs for that would make it worthless. Same with all the other stuff.

you haven't read anything about the problems with this do you?

1. Bolting a building that takes 40 hours to build (EDIT: this was when server speed was 1, but argument still counts)
2. bolting buildings people have PAID for
3. reducing the game to "bolt bolt bolt bolt bolt" to one part of the players and to "rebuild rebuild rebuild" to the other.