Change in ban's notification

• Thread starter DeletedUser3858
  • Start date

DeletedUser3858

I know some players like to say something as "I didn't do something wrong, but I have a ban... Admin is bad".
Sometimes this ban is admin's error, sometimes it is only player's words. Sometimes player don't remember that he wasn't right a month ago.

My ideas are:
1. When player get a ban, he should see detail information about his wrong actions: he and other player had the same connection from <ip> at <datetime> or he has farmed with script at<datetime>
2. Alliance founder should see all information about his players' bans like banned players. If it is cinfident information - he should see dates of bans (<player> is banned from <datetime> till <datetime>

Very nice idea indeed......
There should be more transparency on bans in general..... but htere is a small problem.....

Inno does not like this transparency......
Most probably does not want people to know that other players were illegal....

Also there is another rule where you get banned if you talk about been banned ,,, something that I learned with a ban after reporting a bug while banned from forum as it was considered as trolling..... (this might cost me another ban....

So regardless how nice and lovely this idea is.... regardless in the past how many times we have asked for more transparency on bans and penalties.... Inno does not seem to like transparency....

As if it is too hard for me to see if an enemy is banned or not......
Even if he has an attackjable ban and I do not get the normal "response" I do know that there is something "wrong" going on.....
So ti is more than childish to try to hide something that definitely can not be hidden.....

In any case I how it will be implemented as it will be a small step towards penalties transparency.....

DeletedUser3858

one of players proposed an idea about second point: players may allow founders to see detail information about their bans (in settings).

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
All the relevant informations are already showed to the player in the ban screen, and there's also the possiblity to contact the support to address more specific questions.

Alliance founders and leaders can see whereas a player of their alliance is banned or not, but without any other detail. Providing the ending date would make sense :)

Is this information a lot important for you?

DeletedUser3858

Information about ending date is impotant if founders and leaders haven't player contacts.
If players say that they didn't use illegal scripts, but they are banned for it - detail information may be important. As I know, admins don't say when player used this scripts (date), they only say he used.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Bans aren't randomly placed, let me say that more than 99% of them are right. If we're talking about that tiny less than 1% the banned player can contact the support that will remove the ban if it was really wrong in just a few hours.

Anyway, by respecting the rules all of these situations are easily avoided :)

DeletedUser3858

I don't use illegal scripts and I have never been banned:)

real situation: player used bot and was banned. After ban he disabled script (I don't know immediately or two days later). He remember he has disabled spript and didn't use it. 3 months later he has new ban for bot. He askes hen he used bot, but admin don't answer. Maybe he used it 2 days after first ban, but don't remember... and this is not unique situation in one of worlds.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Uhm... even if I'm rather sure this situation doesn't happen, this is a completely different topic.

The suggesion has already been forwarded anyway :)

zutetrezut

Erinys
Indeed, it's a good idea.
As founder, we know that a player is banned.
But we don't react in the same way if it is because of insults or vulgar names cities (a little moral lesson is enough), or for use of bot or double account.
And knowing the duration of the "punishment" would better manage the situation. Actually having a banned player is a punishment for the entire alliance, even when we try to have a "clean" alliance.