Browser update 2.107 feedback

DeletedUser2458

• Cities from players under beginners' protection will be displayed with a shield on top of the city image on the map.
    beginner%20protection%20map%201.png

The orange shield over the city doesn't fit into the game very well I think. It seems like a temporary solution. I have sci-fi feeling of this. It would be enough to add small icon of Beginner's protection effect on left/right bottom corner of city's image or design a new ico and when hovering on it, it can display effect's description, date of exp and/or remaining time. Simply, it wants something which is not so visible. I think everybody hovers mouse over everything which he doesn't know what is it. First several days after launching a new world, it can be terrible look. One island next to others, full of some orange bubbles. In the image in DevBlog article it didn't look strange, but when I see it live...
And yep, the bubble clearly shows that you are under a protection but what protection?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for you feedback Thasoss. I am currently iterating with the corresponding graphic artist on the look of this bubble and if we can find a "not that prominant" solution.
What do you mean with your last question? Do you miss a more precise description aka "Protected against incoming PvP attacks until x y"?

DeletedUser2458

You are right, I mean exactly this. Define that it is beginner's protection and what it means for player, because it is surely needed to know what I can expect in my beginnings. It is displayed on the top bar under city name, but... player can think... Is it really same protection? You would be surprised about questions which on new players sometime ask... on something where no game knowledge is necessary.

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for the explanation. I will forward that to game design. Then they can decide whether they add more info or not.

DeletedUser

Tasked to our game designer. We won't change the tooltip text "protected until" because the tooltip should stay small. But we will change the description of the beginners' protection spell (the pidgin) and add also the information that other players cannot cast spells on your city.

DeletedUser3574

really dont like the domes

Visually - they just look horrible when there are several of them on the island, like something out of a sci-fi movie as said above

However my big concern is gameplay.

Part of the beginning game is hunting down people as they come out of bp, this is basically like drawing a huge great target on their heads. The minute the dome goes players are going to get hit from all sides. this really isnt going to help new players to the game who before might get attacked once bp ends, now, once that dome is down are going to get hit from all sides.

so visually horrible, but from a gameplay point of view, really bad for newer less experienced players.