App notification for new messages

malgai

Hera
Some days ago I came back from vacation mode and since that time I receive app notifications for new messages (but not for answers in already existing messages). This only works on the beta worlds,but not on german worlds. There, I still receive no notifications for new messages. I didn't find an in-app-option to toggle these notifications and the options are set the same in de and zz.

- How can you toggle these notifications? Is this even possible?

- Why are only NEW messages affected and not existing ones where others reply?

- Is there ANY app changelog somewhere in the web? Sadly here on beta forums app changelogs seem to be not important enough to get posted at all.

- Why is there a difference regarding app notifications from de and zz? I wonder because the app for zz and de is the same.

- How can you toggle these notifications? Is this even possible?
Only place on app for pm notifications are in the Settings --> Email Notifications
Any chance this is selected and "magically" you get a push notification from there (or you get one from gmail for new email saying maybe Grepolis with big letters and get confused)

- Why are only NEW messages affected and not existing ones where others reply?
Most probably new feature... so affects new entries....

- Is there ANY app changelog somewhere in the web? Sadly here on beta forums app changelogs seem to be not important enough to get posted at all.
Unfortunately not. None bothers to update forum change log.

As you can see below the "official" answer was to check the crappy description on google store... where you will find an "unchanged" text saying minor updats and fixes....

https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/feedback-app-versions.2786/page-2
https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/feedback-app-versions.2786/page-3

Looks like that despite the fact the Inno CEO on his interview (https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/ind...w-with-hendrik-klindworth-innogames-ceo.4392/) about 19 months ago said:

- Do you, as the CEO, still take decisions specifically for Grepolis?

I don’t go into details any longer when it comes to Grepolis. It is more that I am setting the general direction and goals. One topic which is important to me is to improve the mobile version of the game and, above all, to implement features that are still missing.

instead of making steps forward with app versions as promised.... we are making steps backwards (e.g. the push notification issue going on for more than a year - https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/app-notification-hotfix-version-1-154-2.3652/)

So do not expect much with the app version.....

- Why is there a difference regarding app notifications from de and zz? I wonder because the app for zz and de is the same.

most probably because on the zz we have the newest game version prio been release to production servers i.e. de

Hope was helpful.

malgai

Hera
Only place on app for pm notifications are in the Settings --> Email Notifications
This is not an email notification. I never received those new message notifications, it seems to be be a new feature which isn't toggleable.

Any chance this is selected and "magically" you get a push notification from there (or you get one from gmail for new email saying maybe Grepolis with big letters and get confused)

To let you see that it is a message from the Grepolis APP and not an e-mail notification I post a picture here, showing an attack notification and a new message thread notification.
jrbtcialt56.jpg

Most probably new feature... so affects new entries....
Okay, this is nonsense. Why should it only affect new entries when it is a new feature? can't a new feature also affect existing messages when I get a reply? And by the way I don't get a notification for replys on a new thread. I only receive the notification when someone writes to me with a new message. no replies. and no replies on new messages. I tested these cases.

Unfortunately not. None bothers to update forum change log.
This is very sad. I wonder why there's still a beta. We don't get informed about new contents of the app and reported bugs find their way to the live markets even if there's already a bugfix. instead of postponing an update and admitting that there's a fatal bug like we have had it with the log data some days ago.... or already fixed bugs in events, they appear again and again on live markets... I really wonder what the beta is even used for. I refuse to test much in the past weeks or even months because I often think that I can invest my time better for other useless things.

instead of making steps forward with app versions as promised.... we are making steps backwards (e.g. the push notification issue going on for more than a year - https://beta.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/app-notification-hotfix-version-1-154-2.3652/)

So do not expect much with the app version.....
I don't know this app issue personally, my app is working perfectly. It pings me immediately or at least after 1-2 minutes. But I have heard of it via discussions on beta and on the german version...
But as we all know, instead of getting things sorted and fixed, better implement new things to draw the attention to them... I do not exclude the possibilty that there are new features developed even though old features do not work properly. And I know it from my time as a developer on a different game... It is more satisfying coding new features instead of looking for improvements in old features... At least for me it was the case. I also don't know what conditions and guidelines the developers have. I just can say that the focus seems to be on the wrong objects.

But I didn't intend to start another discussion, I just wanted to ask the 4 questions from my original post.

really funny the fact that after my yesterday reply I received my first annoying "message" notification......
and guess what it was not for a new message as on @malgai case.... but for an old one that was "revived"...
My app was last updated 4 days ago.
yesterday a friend replied to an old pm and I got no notifications (thanks God!!), I replied back, then this morning for his new reply guess what... I got spammed with an unwanted notification!!!!

Looks like I should not had criticized CEO interview.....

And it is very strange the fact the I got this spam after my above comment...
As if there are two test groups... one to receive and one not to receive.... like they had done some time ago with the score board of an event.... two groups with two different scoreboard views!!!
Well as I do not want to get spammed with unwanted information, I would say that "resources" should be more focused on solving existing issues rather than adding new features with more problems... (as it was somewhere mentioned)