Ingame Nick: Galanoulis
Affected world(s): zz2
Device: Samsung J5 (SM-J510FN)
O.S.: Android 7.1.1
App Version: 2.176.0

Reproduction steps:
  1. .Open alliance membership list
Detailed error description (What you see):
Since the feature to see members online status wad introduced, an iregularity occured on alliance membership status.
For example after alias it might be blank or even worst you are obviously online (as you get a screenshot) and you realize that your current status is
"Inactive over 2 days"

How it should be:
Well if you are logged in then it is impossible to appear inactive
Also players that I do know that are fully active by logging daily might appear as inactive which is an error as they for example might have just posted on internal forum or send a pm....

Screenshot:
Two screenshots..... one from judt now and the other from 20th november
In both screenshots all players that appear are fully active and logging into game daily....

20181127_205254.jpg

20181120_073601.jpg

I am really sure, the second picture this one without activity, I saw it a few days ago, too. It was Draba and I was very surpised, but I couldn't retry it and after open the window again, she was normal green.

Only normal green? Would have surprised me, too...^^

---

I know that the new on-line status display is unreliable (which makes it all the more unnecessary and annoying) as far as app users are concerned (they are not displayed as being on-line even while they are checking their own status, as shown by galanoulis), but so far I was not aware of the fact that this is also true for the general activity status in the member list.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4186

Only normal green? Would have surprised me, too...^^

---

I know that the new on-line status display is unreliable (which makes it all the more unnecessary and annoying) as far as app users are concerned (they are not displayed as being on-line even while they are checking their own status, as shown by galanoulis), but so far I was not aware of the fact that this is also true for the general activity status in the member list.

this was also tested by GPC and we said that too (that being online on app doesn´t show you light green on activity^^)

I just checked it again. The new activity status (in grassgreen) will not be shown in the app. The fields are blank.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Could you exactly let us know what is still happening? Weird behaviours, ok, but what kind of behaviours?

Own status missing? Others' status wrong? Online flag missing?

DeletedUser4186

arci i heard that it seems that all of that what you wrote is sometimes missing

but i ask the players again and try to get more concrete infos for you

DeletedUser4186

ok here are some of the "problems"

Screenie is from the App

qkocotsuv46.jpg

it shows me without anything but i am online via browser (build a minute before that screenshot 5 harpys)
but the interesting Thing is MarjorieSimpson (the Screenshot is from her) she is shown as active there but as DARKGREEN in the Browserversion, but she said, she was online on Browser about 3 or 4 minutes before that screenie and build troops and make island quests on Browser

so why is the app showing her as active but doesn´t do the same for me? and why is she showed not online but she was before the screenshot?

(explanation Marge logged in the app because i ask her if she can make a screenshot for your test)

Geisti

Griffin
I love this LED display..
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

I'm online in the browser..in the app, however, I am displayed as not active..
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

fhrxorkmh55.jpg

qivfdtulo57.jpg

My little sister helped me with these recordings..I operated the laptop..She was traveling with the app..a world of different ads at the same time..not to mention that there is still no shutdown function..if I understood you correctly, the privacy of the players is very important to you..is very amazing that there are 2 different display..
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

regards
Geisti

Oh Dear, there is no status for me and for Geisti as well

Looks like a little bit as a small animal, could be in the size of a little small bug :uhh:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please avoid anything that isn't related to the investigation of this issue.

As I can see no one found a specific pattern, just app and browser showing different statuses. Thanks for the details.

DeletedUser4186

Please avoid anything that isn't related to the investigation of this issue.

As I can see no one found a specific pattern, just app and browser showing different statuses. Thanks for the details.

perhaps there is no specific pattern, because the fault is not so specific?

One Question thats not answered right now is, why is Mim or even i not shown active in the app although we are both lightgreen in the Browser, better why is there shown nothing for mim and me?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
What we have found so far is that the "online" status is not properly handled on the app, so players displayed as online from browser will not have any label on the mobile view, and this explains why you keep seeing yourself without the label and some other players in some screenshots.
And this is one pattern.

What remains unanswered is why galanoulis was marked as inactive on the first screenshot, but it may be related to the first issue. I'd say let's see if this will also get fixed among with the identified case :)

What remains unanswered is why galanoulis was marked as inactive on the first screenshot, but it may be related to the first issue. I'd say let's see if this will also get fixed among with the identified case :)

Well it is very weird why not only I appeared as Inactive (despite been around every day) but also how I managed to even see my own status as inactive!!! Well as rest also said I keep seen in the app my self or other members with no status. Apart from those 2 or 3 times I saw my self as inactive in precious app version, on this version I only see the missing status .

As we go not have any app changes available (as was requested and declined on other thread) we do not know if online activity was also integrated in the app. (as there were some rumors that this was only for browser version). Teh only sure thing is that since browser version got this ability to show on;ine status. status synchronization with app got corrupted and resulted in "funny" app status displays...

I assume only devs will be able to answer the Why as they are the only ones with access to source code...

But I assume I do deserve a reward for been so fast to even record myself as inactive while been active!!!

DeletedUser4186

What we have found so far is that the "online" status is not properly handled on the app, so players displayed as online from browser will not have any label on the mobile view, and this explains why you keep seeing yourself without the label and some other players in some screenshots.
And this is one pattern.

it´s more than that i think.

we often check that feature and there a more faults there.

Examples:

Two Member are online via App because both are at work so no PC only Handy and APP. One is shown as lightgreen on PC, the other one as darkgreen.

Sometimes if a player goes online on App on Browser that player is shown as lightgreen and sometimes not (same player)

some Player are always lightgreen and even themselves don´t know WHY

this Things make that feature useless right now imo.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The indicator is updated roughly every 10 minutes (it also protects your privacy a little bit :p ) so it can't be 100% accurate real time.

DeletedUser4186

if that is the way inno would protect our privacy than that way isn´t the best one (better the worst one^^)

and we don´t talk about not accurate for a few minutes, we talk about that over hours and DAYS^^

i have an member in my ally that is shown 100% active for the last week and after i asked him, he said that he is normal online and app but at night or at work is either offline or only via app online, but he is always lightgreen

thats not near to100% accurate, thats near to zero% accurate imo^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
If that's a different bug, would be helpful to have more details.

If you want also via ticket :)

DeletedUser4186

ok so i create a ticket every time i see that "Bug"^^ (time for the support to work a little bit
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
)