Not a Bug/Cannot reproduce And again: Temple shielding

Ingame Nick: Draba Aspera
Affected world(s): zz21
Browser: FF
Reproduction steps:
  1. . This morning the large temples spawned on zz21
  2. . Although the announcement for zz21 stated that the large temples will start out unshielded, in-game the large temples started shielded/protected and will stay so for another six days.
  3. .
Detailed error description (What you see):

How it should be:

From the announcement:

Once the small temples phase begins, the temples will start unshielded, meaning you can dive right into capturing things, but you and your alliance will need to be efficient, and grab the temples you want ASAP before the shielding kicks in for the first time. Once the shielding begins, the temples will cycle between shielded and unshielded for the duration of the small temples phase. Once Large Temples spawn, these too start out as unshielded, and will run on the same schedule as the small temples.

Screenshot:

fxkifylsi51.jpg

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
It's correct that they follow the small temples shields, but yeah at least the first time they spawn they should probably be unshielded.

I passed it to the dev team, thank you for the report!

It is better to follow the protection's timetable, because it makes it more strategic and more difficult for an alliance to take it down. So there will be more battles and more strategies because there will be more time. All the alliances will be prepared and the gameplay will be more intresting.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thank you again for bringing this up. It turns out it was a simple miscommunication in the original announcement. Since large temples are following small temples with the shield timings, if large temples spawn while small temples are shielded, they'll be shielded as well.

We now made it clear in the announcement.

Well, as we know, the temple shielding of the small temples did not work for several weeks on zz21, and I wondered whether originally it might have been intended to let the timing(s) of the small temple shieldings lead to an unprotected spawning of the large temples. Since the date of the spawning of the large temples is a fixed date and known from the start, it would have been easy to plan and synchronize the temple shieldings accordingly. As you mentioned: With the large temples "exactly following the shield cycle", the date of the first shielding of the small temples will decide whether the large temples will spawn shielded or unshielded.

But as it seems I have overestimated the game designer(s) ...^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Since the date of the spawning of the large temples is a fixed date and known from the start, it would have been easy to plan and synchronize the temple shieldings accordingly.

It can be an improvement for a future iteration :)

Be assured that I don´t think that any variation of temple shielding is an improvement...^^

Since the first Olympus world here on Beta, I have been advocating for
- a later start of the first temple phase, so that players and alliances can spend some more time with normal player vs. player game-play and building strong accounts before bashing NPCs and colonizing around temples
- a phase of preparation after the spawning of the large temples (just as there is a phase of preparation before the small temples are attackable). koyloarxidi123 made a similar remark, btw:
So there will be more battles and more strategies because there will be more time. All the alliances will be prepared and the gameplay will be more intresting.

And these two simple measures would make the shieldings unnecessary and would help avoid further bugs caused by them.