Fixed Aegean Battleships: Shots / Ammunitions

Ingame Nick: Galanoulis
Affected world(s): zz2
Browser: Chrome
Reproduction steps:
  1. .After gaining all free shots (from attacks, trade, fights) open the event and start ...shooting!!
  2. .
  3. .
Detailed error description (What you see):
As per description this very first day I was gifted 85 ammunitions.
As every shot costs 10, this means that I have 8 shots. But as can be seen I was able to shoot only 4 times!!

How it should be:
As long as you had 85 ammunitions, you were supposed to have 8 shoots!!

Screenshot:
2MF04NCBRp_GMIFnziA07g.png

unfortunately
looks like I was too slow to get the 2nd screenshot with just the ships....
Will try to get it today....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I think I got it. Looks like when you open the event the very first time, the ammunitions are set to 40.

Most likely you got 45 ammo before opening the event window (total 85), then as you opened it you were reset to the initial 40, and then you got the other 40 later.

This should explain why you had 0 ammo available in the screen, despite having 85 from the free daily bundles + 40 initial everyone has.

Could it be possible in your case? Did you open the event after getting some free ammunitions?

Yes, @buffysara reported in the German forum that ammunition acquired while playing via mobile app on the first day of the event will be displayed in the ammunition bar, but will not be added to total count of ammunition available.

Maybe her screenshot will help to understand what happens:

36647110cy.png

Although buffy had acquired 4 ammunition bundles via app before playing via browser, the ammunition count was still stuck on the initial 40 ammunition. The ammunition she had acquired via app was only blank ammunition but was displayed in the ammunition bar and blocking slots there...

Since the event windows opens more or less automatically in the browser version, even anew each day after midnight as I noticed last night, only app players might make that weird experience.

We don´t know yet whether that phenomenon will only occur on the first event day (on the first day a player takes part in it), or on each single day.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The ammunition reset (to 40, fixed number) happens only the very first time you open the event so I would expect this bug occurs only in that situation.

Subsequent days should be just fine :)

Thanks for the additional info!

@Arci
Well my first contact with the event was from the app where I gained all the ammunitions and later on in the evening I started "shooting"...
So I am not able to say if prior gaining my first ammuniions if I already had some or not those 40 you said, but for sure all slot of "ammunition production" were full as you can see from screenshot

I do not know if this affected or not but on the 2nd day I was able to fire all the shots I had earned....

Well, the event started with 40 free ammunition, and since it was programmed to reset the ammunition count to those 40 when the event window will be opened for the first time (just in case - sometimes events must be restarted and reset, or so I have heard, and the automatic reset of the ammunition counter might have spared them some effort in that case....^^), app players have lost all the ammunition they had acquired via app on their first event day prior to opening the event window for the first time via browser. Thus the ammunition gained via app was displayed in the ammunition bar but was not available for shooting.

Since you had acquired all 10 ammunition bundles via app, in the evening you had only those initial 40 ammunition available for exactly 4 shots.

This bug must be resolved before the event goes live - since app players cannot avoid collecting (useless) ammunition bundles while playing via app, they also cannot avoid blocking their slots in the ammunition bar with those blank ammunition bundles. Even worse if mobile-only players decide to collect ammunition for some days, and open the event window via browser for the first time days later to take all their shots in a row - they will also find themselves with only 40 ammunition instead of the considerable ammunition stock they would expect.

malgai

Hera
Another bad scenario would be when someone receives attacks short after the event goes live and because he has to defend against those attacks, he doesn't open the event window. The attacks pass by and the player opens the window and has only 4 shots available and can't do nothing to get more, even if he should have got more.