Acknowledged Administrator - City Festivals

Ingame Nick: galanoulis
Affected world(s): zz2
Browser: Chrome
Reproduction steps:
  1. .From Administrator open Culture tab
  2. . Press button on lower right corner to start City Festivals on all towns
Detailed error description (What you see):
Even if you wait for 10 minutes, the festivals DO not start.
Issue started after
bug was reported.
According to devs the culture overview bug is fixed, but the button to start City Festivals on all towns is not working.

In case you go to each city group and press the button then this is working.

The problem is that it is not working for All towns at once as it used to be before applying the latest game patch which created the culture overview issue.

How it should be:
You should be able to start city festivals from the All towns groups (even if this lags couple of minutes) as it used to be before applying latest game version patches

Screenshot:
Not available as they show nothing

buffysara

Athena
Das hängt ziemlich sicher mit der Städteanzahl zusammen.
Wenn ich die Feste starte bekomme ich Fehler 502 und es scheint nichts passiert zu sein.
Lade ich dann das Spiel neu sind die Feste ausgelöst.
Klappt aber nicht immer. Manchmal braucht es zwei oder drei Versuche.
Ich habe 800 Städte , Galanoulis 1065.
Das alles hängt mit dem Update zusammen der zum oben genannten Fehler führte.

This is almost certainly related to the number of cities.
When I start the festival I get error 502 and nothing seems to have happened.
If I then load the game again, the festivals are triggered.
But it doesn't always work. Sometimes it takes two or three tries.
I have 800 cities, Galanoulis 1065.

Das Update 2.210 darf so nicht auf die Livewelten kommen.
Es gibt allein in de. 174 Accounts mit mehr als 800 Städten und 578 mit mindestens 500 Städten.

The update 2.210 may not come to the live world.
There is only in de. 174 accounts with more than 800 cities and 578 with at least 500 cities.

Last edited:

andreasbog2

Divine Envoy
Dear Admins.
we have a huge problem with the city fectivals.
Most of us cant do festivals with the old fashion way and show us the message 502 error.
Please let us know when you fix the problem.
Thanks

@buffysara well having too many towns will definitely create a lag.
The thing is that even after 10 minutes of waiting it does nothing. And in my case that is how it was since the first day of this game update was applied.
Since then I might have got couple of towns but this should not affect.
Otherwise DEVS should place a limit on the towns we conquer and also inform the client on live servers that if they get too many towns they should not pay euros to activate administrator as it is not working as it should be after a number of towns.

I recall that it is a long time since I was at 800 towns and back then this feature was working just fine. I needed less than a minute (when I had the 800 towns) to have festivals activated on all of them and about a minute and a half if I had all 3 approved scripts that I use activated. A time that I find normal (due to various reasons)
But I already was above the 1000 towns when "that" change (which we do not know what was) occurred in the game code that friday and this exact change has created this malfunction.

As this is a problem which affect premium functions i.e. real money I assume DEVS will prioritize to solve it.

I just hope that those problematic updates were not installed on live servers yet as this will cause a major impact

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
How many towns are in the group while trying to start the festivals?

How many towns are in the group while trying to start the festivals?

It is the group with all towns i.e. 1065 (for now) from which 1010 (at the moment) were eligible to run a festival.

I just did a small experiment and started festivals in the subgroups leaving 500 to 600 towns eligible in the main (all) group and in this case (the 500-600) it run the festivals with no issues despite giving the 502 error

So I assume this 502 error is related and also looks like that if someone has up to 500-600 towns there is no issue.

Will try to check again but with 700 towns left eligible for parade in the All group(in order to try and figure out the limit) because from @buffysara comment looks like after 800 there is also an issue...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Then it's the really old issue we have, please use smaller town groups :)

Then it's the really old issue we have, please use smaller town groups :)

Two questions for this.

First how it is and everything was working fine since Friday 13 March 2020 (before the update to servers was applied) and I (with many other players) were able to perform city festivals with NO issue using the all towns group

Second in the administrator help screen it clearly states that you can initiate festivals with ONE click

qqpxr5-RQpSiHLvAPokufA.png

It does not say that there is a limit of XX towns in order to perform this.

Therefore me and I assume the majority of the Inno clients believe that this is not right, but this is a problem which was triggered by the Friday update.

And yes... this is a test server, but the purpose is to prevent errors from going into production i.e. live servers.
And for now this is an error that occurred from that update.

And from the clients perspective we can not blame the day (Friday 13th) but we understand this as an error that occurred from that specific update.

So to conclude , if something is working and then it stops working, then this is a problem. It is not a known issue.
Therefore (I assume most players/clients agree with this) please advise / inform the DEVS that this issue needs to resolved and be brought to the state it was before the 13th March update.

Thanks and as always at DEVS disposal in order to assist / test so as to have this resolved.

p.s.
Also as a temporary workaround it would also be very nice if DEVS could also inform the community as to what is the limit that is not allowing the festivals tab to run correctly.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I've been informed that performance should be slightly better now, could you please give me a feedback on that?