zz12
29. November 20:00 , End Overall Ranking
44786534bu.png

30. November, 13:55, End Event
44786553fz.png

Last edited:

athenakazuo

Manticore
It was the same in zz25, and I never received any message about placing in the top 10
This was as of 29/11/22 21:18
End of Overall Ranking
image.png

Last edited:
May I remind you of a promise not kept:

When events are started at unusual times (and therefore with overall ranking and the event itself not ending on the same day), we already know that the (ranking) rewards will not be granted properly or at all. That´s not news to us, and neither should it have been news to you when the event test was scheduled.

Additionally, the ranking was not even closed when the respective timer ran out - offerings points gained after 20:00h and until the end of the event were still added to the ranking, thus even changing the ranking order in many cases.

This is a time consuming event (not really appropiate for the time of the year it is supposed to run, on live markets imo) and not getting the rewards you have been working for is all the more disappointing. Although we might agree that some improvements have been made to the original "Pandora´s box" event, it still appears that nobody really cares whether events can be tested properly on Beta, as neither "ample notice and correct events starts" are provided, nor the necessary information (Wiki - for both new events, btw), nor the basic requirements for a regular end and outcome. And remember that even one of the "scheduled downtimes" interfered with the last hours of the event...

Something has been missing on Beta this year, even more than in the years before. Summing it all up (changelog situation, absence of forum moderators, lack of proper and punctual information - all of them worsening instead of improving - the missing thing seems to be some basic respect towards the players.

athenakazuo

Manticore
May I remind you of a promise not kept:

When events are started at unusual times (and therefore with overall ranking and the event itself not ending on the same day), we already know that the (ranking) rewards will not be granted properly or at all. That´s not news to us, and neither should it have been news to you when the event test was scheduled.

Additionally, the ranking was not even closed when the respective timer ran out - offerings points gained after 20:00h and until the end of the event were still added to the ranking, thus even changing the ranking order in many cases.

This is a time consuming event (not really appropiate for the time of the year it is supposed to run, on live markets imo) and not getting the rewards you have been working for is all the more disappointing. Although we might agree that some improvements have been made to the original "Pandora´s box" event, it still appears that nobody really cares whether events can be tested properly on Beta, as neither "ample notice and correct events starts" are provided, nor the necessary information (Wiki - for both new events, btw), nor the basic requirements for a regular end and outcome. And remember that even one of the "scheduled downtimes" interfered with the last hours of the event...

Something has been missing on Beta this year, even more than in the years before. Summing it all up (changelog situation, absence of forum moderators, lack of proper and punctual information - all of them worsening instead of improving - the missing thing seems to be some basic respect towards the players.
I didn't know that it had happened before.

That feels very disappointing and I wonder if I wasted my time because it was as you said it was very time consuming.

That something that is missing makes me wonder if the game is dying.
There is definitely some communication missing and that makes it harder on the players, and also makes me wonder if anyone cares other than the players.
Perhaps I was too blunt, but it does make me wonder.

athenakazuo

Manticore
I had heard from someone else that put in a ticket and they were working on it, but I don't know if anything has happened since then or not.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
At this point I think there will not be any compensation, I'm really sorry for that.

Nothing else to say. InnoGames has nothing than disrespect and neglect for Beta players - and this event outcome is not the worst of it all, only one more symptom of a serious disease.

At least the community manager has found the word "sorry" in his vocabulary after 16 days of digging for it.. Thank you!

athenakazuo

Manticore
I have debated on adding on to this and saying something else, but after the above comment, I feel the need to say it.
I thought events are where Inno makes their money because it gets the players to spend money on gold to use gold for events.
If players don't get rewarded, and only get an apology, what's to stop them from just quitting the game completely or demanding a refund on what they spent on the gold for an event?
And I realize beta is different and special, but it is suppose to test and fix issues before things go to live servers.
Just some thoughts I have come up with and decided to share.