Fixed Pandora´s Box : Ritual now timer

Server: zz2

Couple of hours ago I pressed once to get a free ritual now (to see what it does )
After sparing my free ritual, a timer for 8 hours started till Iget my next free one.

Meanwhile I was trying some of the missions (which were always the same)
So after starting this one I realised that despite next ritual was in 5 and a half hours, I was goven a free ritual instead of getting one for gold....

09AXzES1RmuMjZ8GJ0ATJw.png

I pressed the green free button and yes..... I got a free ritual..... despite still having to wait for 5 and a half hours.....

And after pressing the free button, remaining time was half, ritual counter reset to 8 hours and gold button reappeared.....

aCeHxGsJSROX0vVjuAJT9A.png

Shall we assume this is a bug and Pandora did not just fell in love with me to give me extra gifts?

Well, I can confirm that it is a bug - I experienced the same behaviour on zz2, just after midnight, and I doubt that Pandora fell in love with me, too...^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please, can you even try to follow the bug report template? I would expect it at least from you that are experienced around here on beta.

The reproduction steps are necessary in order to reproduce the issue quickly, and if possible do you remember approximately at what time this happened?

Last edited:
As I already added last night, for me it happened just after midnight, and also on zz2. galanoulis provided screenshots and a detailed description of what happened and what he saw, hence I did not repeat that part.

In essence, a new free ritual appeared around midnight, while the timer/8 hour cool down period for the next free ritual had still some hours to go. After I had used the unscheduled free ritual, the cool down period of 8 hours started anew.

Issue description was provided with all steps in detail.
Well lets rewrite the whole thing using the requested form........

Ingame Nick: Most probably it is the same as the forum name because as per forum registration form: Your forum name is the same as your player name.

BWWrraVhSlG9ZoqZtW2aEg.png

Affected world:zz2
(Bug found on desktop version)
Browser:Chrome

Steps to reproduce: Not a clue. This is Devs issue to do and spare 8 hours of their life to monitor cooldown timer and ritual now button to reproduce it.

Detailed error description (What you see):
I see below

Ritual now should not be free as long as cooldown timer still has 5:26:01 on the clock

How it should be:
As per below

Screenshot:
Already provided Above.

====================================================================================

And because in the given form there is no option to write what steps someone followed and error occurred (which is DIFFERENT from "steps to reproduce" as it might NOT happen again) I will add one more missing section in your form.....

How did it happen:
Selected mission.
Added troops.
Started mission.
Pressed ritual now button.
Ritual now button was set to gold price, mission time was reduced, ritual timer set to 8 hours

Kept repeating the missions (as both seems to be the same) and when ritual cooldown timer was near 05:26:01 I noticed instead of having to pay gold for getting a time reduction, I was given a free ritual

So I pressed the green free button and duration was reduced, cool down timer was reset to 8 hours and now I had to pay 75 gold got get a new ritual

Issue occurred couple of minutes prior initial report as it was immediately reported (exact time might read different from country to country due to time zones).

P.S. If Draba understood what I said, others understood what I said but devs are not able to understand what they have created, then Inno will definitely need to find some new programmers.... people who are more aware of the results of their coding. They should be smart enough and able to understand from first screenshot that as long as cool-down timer is counting you can not have a free ritual. If they are not able to see this, then most probably not the most suitable persons for that position.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Issue description was provided with all steps in detail.
Well lets rewrite the whole thing using the requested form........

Ingame Nick: Most probably it is the same as the forum name because as per forum registration form: Your forum name is the same as your player name.

BWWrraVhSlG9ZoqZtW2aEg.png
Many thanks for the reminder, but i'm sure you know by heart the game rules as well, and it's not forbidden to have two game accounts on two different servers, hence the forum name may not be the same of the account where the issue occured.

Back to the topic, thanks for the full details.

The cost resets at midnight and this is correct, the only thing we're not sure about is if the cost should only drop back to 75 or the free run is granted once again.
GD is not in the office this morning, hence we can't be sure if this is the exact correct behavior or not.

Well, for me it only happpened on zz2 (where I have not invested a single gold coin up to now) and not on zz7. You would expect the same behaviour on both worlds if the behaviour was intended.

Well I have not spend any gold on the even yet....

But if the cost was meant to reset on midnight (I assume server time) and give a free ritual, then I assume ritual cool down timer should also be reset as well ....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Well I have not spend any gold on the even yet....

But if the cost was meant to reset on midnight (I assume server time) and give a free ritual, then I assume ritual cool down timer should also be reset as well ....

Only the cost gets reset, I think it's something similar to the healer on Sparta vs Hades.

This is what I mean.....
Like the status I am now (couple of minutes ago when started a new mission)

sGBd9s3QRq6Ms7gtMU8gbg.png

I get a free ritual and the ritual timer is reseted (i.e. set to zero which in this case is value ready).

This looks normal to me..... so if ritual resets in any way and gives a free ritual, then timer should also be set to ready as well!!

And there it goes again.....
"Day" changed,
Got a free Ritual again.....
But ritual timer did not....

9zcQp7nORtW569lm2UHqXA.png

Well If ritual cost is meant to be reseted on midnight, (i.e. the gold need to spend to get an extra ritual) then timer should also be set to ready (by reset) so as it make more sense....

On the other event, the healer timer was fixed and was not related to player actions like here (i.e. counter start when button pressed)

I can confirm that it happens through the day change.
You have to be on, the window should open and a mission is running.

Anything else, you have to know to patch it?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I had the final answer today but I wanted to wait until midnight to check it with my eyes :p

Just heard from the GD, that this is the correct behavior.
See it as a regular 8h timer > you have a free ritual every 8 hours.
  • The effect can be applied on demand, with a cost
  • Each extra request has a cost, and the cost increase
  • At midnight the cost is reset to 0

No, Arci. If it were regular behaviour and intended, it would be the same on all worlds/tabs - but it happens only in the active tab. Of course I appreciate the extra free ritual, but if it is intended, I would like to get it on zz2 and zz7...^^

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Final version: The cost should be reset at midnight to 75 gold. The "Free" ritual is only available when the timer is not running (ie when the cooldown is no longer in place).

Aaaand it should work even if the window is closed :)